Rules

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stare at him, gobsmacked as he press the end button and slam my phone onto the table top to release his fume. His eyes are staring at me judgingly, as if I am a little child guilty of stealing some toys. My heartbeat is erratic again, as it always is whenever he stares at me long enough, but I keep my chin high, holding his gaze.

 

“What was that for?!” I complain.

 

“You weren’t finish talking to him?” He raises an eyebrow.

 

“I wasn’t finish!” I shout at him before my hand reaches out to my innocent phone, “I’m gonna call him again”

 

His hand snatches my phone in a beat, like a ninja. He shoves my phone deep into his pocket with his expression dares me to grab it from him. He is mental to think that I would shove my hand into the front pocket of his jeans. His “thing” might vibrates again!

 

“Not going to call?” He taunts.

 

“Give me back my phone” I extend my hand towards him.

 

“No” He says sternly before turning back on his heels and walk away.

 

Instinctively, I jump out of my stool in an attempt to catch him but a sudden excruciating sting travels from my ankle, all the way to my spine, taking away my balance as I stumble from the sudden pain. I was about to head for the floor when the idol has his arm snake around my waist, holding me close to his torso and pull myself up.

 

“Careful” He says in my ear, sending a tingly sensation all over me. His intoxicating scent surrounds me.

 

“You careful” I retort stupidly, suddenly losing my ability to think.

 

He chuckles softly before he grabs my arm and drapes it across his shoulder. His left arm is secured around my waist while his right hand grabs my arm to make sure it stays on his shoulder. The butterflies, the raging volcanoes, the dancing rabbit all come back into my system, making it all fluttery and ticklish.

 

“I’ll take her back to her room” He says to the rest of the gang.

 

“She’s injured, please refrain from doing it while standing up” Seungri teases as the idol help me walk away.

 

“I’ll try” the idol replies promiscuously.

 

“Ya!!” I slap his shoulder, but the damn idol giggles instead.

 

He helps me limping my way to my bedroom and sits my down on the edge of the bed. He sits himself down next to me after he makes sure I am comfortable. Never once did his eyes leave me while I try my best to get away from his gaze. The way he stares at me, I feel like being stripped .

 

“You need to rest” He says, pointing at my wrapped ankle. “That thing can only heal if you rest”

 

“Okay” I agree immediately, “But give me back my phone first”

 

His face devoid emotion as he stares at me, “What do you need your phone for?”

 

“To play with” I reply, turning my body slightly so I can face him.

 

“You need to rest. You don’t need your phone”

 

“I can rest while I have my phone”

 

“You can’t rest if you have your phone”

 

“What makes you so sure?”

 

“Because as we speak, your phone is vibrating” He says, pointing at his bulging pocket.

 

“Give it to me! I want to answer it!” I shove his shoulder, annoyed.

 

“Why do you want to answer it?” His hand covers his bulging pocket.

 

“To explain to Junsu that it wasn’t me who hangs up the phone”

 

“Then who?”

 

“Errr…” I didn’t expect that question, “I’ll tell him it was my friend”

 

“So I’m your friend, now?”

 

“No”

 

“You were going to say that to Junsu” He his head.

 

“I can’t say that it was my arc enemy who hangs up the phone, now can I?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because!!” Argh, this idol is so stupid! “He’ll think of me as a hypocrite for hanging around with a person who I claim to be my enemy”

 

“So you really think of me as your enemy?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Then what about those things I told you last night?” The pain slowly covers his eyes.

 

“What about those?” I stare back to him, pretending to be oblivious.

 

“So you still haven’t forgive me?” He asks in almost a whisper.

 

“Nope”

 

A painful tug on his lips making his smile turns into a grimace. He let his gaze falls as he stares down at the floor. “So I have to force my way in?”

 

“You’re not welcomed to”

 

He sighs, “I meant every word, Hyuri”

 

“I don’t buy any of it”

 

“I’ll show it to you” His eyes shot up to meet mine with full of determination and honesty that I almost gasp by the intensity.

 

“I don’t want you to” I snap my head away, burdened by his gaze.

 

The room fell silent as both of us swims in our own thoughts. Do I want to forgive him? Am I strong enough? Hasn’t the humiliation and pure pain of broken heartedness taught me nothing? I know he’ll win me over if I give him a chance, so will I be able to control my own feelings?

 

But… I want to be with him. Being around him brings foreign feelings that somehow my body welcomes. Being around him lifts up my spirit, brightened up my day, coloring my night. Despite all of his annoying tricks, I’d rather handle that, than not having him around at all.

 

“Do you really hate me?” the idol asks, breaking the silence.

 

“No” I found myself answer the question honestly.

 

“I thought so” He smiles a little while his eyes still fixed onto the floor. “I won’t hurt you again, Hyuri. Not after what happened”

 

“I don’t want to feel that pain again” I told him again, like I did last night.

 

“I know. I promis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter