Vex

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smile forcedly at the new comer. My stomach wants to let out all of its content. I hated this that much. I grab Mika by the wrist and pull her forcefully away from her idol clique towards the backyard. She tries to pull back but my anger doubled my strength and I successfully taken her into the solace of the empty porch.

 

“Aish! It hurts!” Mika complains as soon as I let her wrist go.

 

“What the hell was that?!” I shriek.

 

“What do you mean?” She shot her innocent eyes.

 

“Those men! Why are they here??!” I hiss.

 

“Seunghyun oppa is my plus one and Jiyong oppa is Harry’s” She answers calmly.

 

“Harry is gay?”

 

“What? No! Jiyong oppa said that he needed to come. I don’t really know why but Harry agreed on taking him”

 

“Which one is Jiyong?” I frown.

 

“The one with the blue hair” Mika’s answer boils me. So it was his idea to invite himself to this event? Doesn’t he have any dignity what so ever?

 

“Hyuri-ah” Mika my arm. “Hajima…”

 

“What?” I turn to see her pleading eyes.

 

“They’re good people… they’re really nice and very social. Plus, they’re not embarrassing to hang out with! You have to admit, they dress better than the SK kids” She smiles assuring at me.

 

“What the hell happened when I was gone??” I demand some back-story from her.

 

She shakes her head, “I’ll tell you later. You have a party to host. Please, don’t kick them out… They’re my friends”

 

Her last sentence hits me like a bullet. She is defending them; the idols! This is worse than I thought! She even refers to them as her friends! Maybe they blackmail her? Take her when she was drunk and use it against her so that they can penetrate the chaebol society! Oh no!

 

“Stop it!” She slaps my arm. “I know you are making ridiculous scene in your head! They’re my friends because they are cool to hang out with! Better than half of your guests here! If you think negatively of them, that means you think of me that way too!”

 

I gasp. How could she say such thing!

 

“Thought so. So be nice. They’re my friends and I hope they can be yours too” She calms down and turn to head back inside but I stop her.

 

“What’s going on with you and that statue guy?” I demand information. It’s the least she can give me.

 

She chuckles, “Statue guy? His name is Seunghyun. Seung-Hyung” She breaks it down for me.

 

“I don’t care about their names” I shrug it off.

 

“Yes you do. They’re going to be your friends. Repeat after me: Seung…. Hyun”

 

“Mika-ya…”

 

“Seung… Hyun”

 

“I don’t…”

 

“Seung…HYUN!”

 

“Alright alright! Seunghyun!” I am defeated.

 

“And the other one is Jiyong. Ji…”

 

“Don’t push it” I point my finger at her and she chuckles.

 

“There’s nothing going on between him and I… We are just friends” She smiles but I can see a shadow of pain lingering in her dark eyes.

 

I don’t know what’s going on between them but from that night at NBTwo, I know the statue guy, ah, I mean, Seunghyun, wants her and from the way she answered my question just now, I know she wants him too. So what’s wrong? Ah, probably because he’s an idol. Of course! Mika is not that stupid to date an idol.

 

We dismiss the conversation and head back inside. I am relief to find none of those idol faces are around and I begin to loosen up among my fellow socialite. Mika and I separated during the party but I know she is somewhere entertaining her own ‘guests’. Ugh. As long as they don’t show their faces in front of me, I’ll be able to hold it in.

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter