Confession

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I look at myself in the mirror, feeling the dancing of my heart and the glow of my skin. At last, after weeks of talking through the telephone, I could finally see him in flesh. The blush on my cheeks says it all; that I am eager and in love. And today, I’m going to let him know.

 

I check my self for the millionth times. Making sure that no thread is out of place. I wear Miu Miu’s red cady dress that beautifully holds its shape. The fitted bodice and pleated A-line skirt flatter both my skinny legs and curvy back. I wanted to wear something sweet and vibrant in hope that I could take more of the idol’s attention though I know, I always steal the spotlight.

 

 

I am impatiently tapping my Gucci heels to the beat of the clock on the wall. Mika said that she’ll pick me up at 9 but it’s already 8.47! Where the hell is she?? I couldn’t help myself but feel nervous. In a mere hours, I get to see the idol and pour my heart out. In mere hours, I would have someone that I could call my boyfriend!

 

An idol as a boyfriend? Very much ew, right? But what can I do. Like Mika always said, a heart wants what a heart wants. I couldn’t control it, I couldn’t undo it. All I can do is enjoying and savoring the foreign feeling that currently consume me. This is what Shakespeare and all those old writers talk about: love.

 

My maid peeks in and signals me of my ride. Oh thank God!

 

I dash my way to the grand door and see Mika is already outside, waiting for me in her red Lamborghini. She grins as she scans me from head to toe. I roll my eyes, knowing that she will tease me endlessly.

 

“This is new” She says as I secure myself with the seatbelt.

 

“No, your car is pretty old” I pretend not to understand her teasing.

 

She chuckles, “No, not my car. You. Since when do you wear this kind of dress?”

 

“Just drive” I point out the gate, making her laugh even more.

 

She drives to the outskirt of Seoul, where buildings are few and there are more grasses than there are roads. It’s secluded but somehow very calming. She makes a right turn at an intersection and we are met with a beautiful Victorian estate. Not as big as ours, but certainly top-class.

 

The gate opens as Mika drives the car close enough. It seems that someone inside has been waiting for our arrival. True enough, as soon as we reach the house, a middle age woman sprung out from the door with a big wide welcoming grin on her face. She looks radiant, despite her age.

 

We jump out of the car, after Mika parks it securely behind a big black Roll Royce, to hide it from incoming guests.

 

“Mika! I’m glad you’re here!” The woman greets her and hugs her tight.

 

“Ommonim, this is Hyuri, my friend” Mika winks at the old lady.

 

“Annyeonghasibnika, Koo Hyuri ibnida” I introduces myself.

 

“Aigoo~ She’s as cute as you described her!” The lady slaps Mika’s back in approval.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m at disadvantage here” I stare at Mika, wanting an introduction of the lady.

 

“Ah… I’m Seunghyun-ie’s mother… You should just call me Omma too!” She says cheerfully.

 

“Omma?” Since when do we call other’s mom ‘omma’?

 

“Ah what are we doing out here? Come come! Everyone is already inside!” She guides us into the villa.

 

She guides us into the white marbled house with pillars that adorns the entrance. The doors are tall to fit the high ceilings and the walls are designed with textured cream-colored wallpaper, creating a luxury feeling. The oak wood stairs flow from the second floor to the entrance, inviting the guests in.

 

Inside, the house is decorated with colorful banners, posters and balloons in different colors and shapes. There’s a big banner that stretches on top of the entrance hallway with words “생일축하해, 승현아” that basically tell the guests what the party is about and who is it for. Cookies and little cupcakes are splattered on the display table, ready for the guests.

 

“Are you sure we’re at the right party?” I whisper to Mika as we walk along the colorful hallway towards the living room.

 

She giggles, “Seunghyun oppa will like this!”

 

“This is like a 7 years old’s birthday party!!” I hiss.

 

Mika chuckles louder, “What else can you do? He’s a baby most of the time”

 

Seunghyun’s mother ushers us inside, introducing us to the other parents that awaits the boys. The party only consists of the BigBang’s families. Their parents and siblings are there. All of them greet us, welcoming us to their small gathering but once the introduction was over, they return to their own small group and talk among themselves, leaving me out.

 

I almost lost myself when Mika introduces me to the Kwons. They look dominating and powerful, making me forget my last name for a few second until they ask me of my name. I wanted to familiarize myself with them. After all, I’ll have to see them often soon enough. But I couldn’t. I just don’t have enough guts.

 

I am quiet most of the time, not knowing what to do and what to say. I never am good with people outside of my chaebol circle. I can never converse; can never find the right subject to discuss. I am sure that with my tendency to say whatever that comes into my head, I am bound to insult one of these working class people.

 

“Here” Mika hands me handheld confetti poppers to greet Seunghyun when he arrives. “Stop fidgeting with your skirt, you look like a lost kid”

 

“I am lost here. I don’t know what to say!” I whisper.

 

“You? Not knowing what to say? Wow, that’s new!” She feigns a surprise.

 

“Stop it!” I pinch her side, “I need them to like me…”

 

“I know, I know… Don’t worry. Once you guys are an item, Jiyong oppa will make sure that you get along with his parents” She my back.

 

“You sure?” I look at her, hopeful.

 

She nods.

 

Suddenly, someone yells an alarm. “They’re here!! They’re here!!!” Seungri’s sister is holding her phone as if it’s on fire.

 

“Ppali ppali, position!!” The mothers push us under the tables and turns off all lights.

 

The room fell into an eerie silent in an instant, as we wait for the honor guest to come and eat the bait. We hear faint footsteps walking along the hallway and my heartbeat quickens. Those steps, one of those steps, belong to my future boyfriend! I can’t help but smile.

 

“Why is it dark?” I hear Daesung asks.

 

“Probably the electricity went off” Youngbae answers calmly as the steps getting closer.

 

“Where is everyone? Why do they cover the windows?” Seunghyun’s baritone voice echoes through the hallway.

 

Faintly, I hear Seunghyun’s mom whispers, “hana, deul, set…”

 

“SAENGIL CHUKHAHAE!!!!!” We jump out of hiding spot, popping our confetti at the guests who all shrieked in surprise.

 

In that brief second, I caught the idol’s face who has his eyes open wide at me. His mouth is agape and he’s frozen in his spot, not because of the surprise or the confetti, but because of me. It is no secret that I successfully surprised him, not the other way around like he had probably planned.

 

Everyone gather to Seunghyun, giving him their belated blessings but I choose to walk to the other direction. I can give Seunghyun his birthday wish later. Now, I got someone to meet. The idol still stands in his spot, rooted, with his eyes following my every move.

 

“You’re here…?” He whispers once I am in front of him.

 

“Annyeong!” I greet him.

 

“You’re really here?” He raises his hand to cup my cheek. His face scrunches in a mixture of surprise and disbelief.

 

I chuckle, “I know I might surprise you but I didn’t think that you’d be this surprise”

 

“A… Anniyo… I just… I…” He stutters.

 

“Ah Hyuri-ah! Thank God you’re here! Now Jiyong hyung can have his good mood back!” Daesung says, draping his hand on my shoulder.

 

“Ya” The idol instinctively slap Daesung’s arm away from me. “When did I have a bad mood?”

 

Daesung pouts and point at his red nose to me, “He pinched me so hard on my precious nose just because I made a bad joke”

 

“I always do that” The idol snorts.

 

“Not this bad” Daesung complains before he leaves to greet his eager sister.

 

“You had a bad mood because of me?” I tease.

 

“No” The idol quickly declines.

 

“Why didn’t you call me then?” I my head.

 

“I…” He trails.

 

“You planned on surprising me, didn’t you? Ha! Gotcha! I surprised you first!” I point my accusing finger to his face with a big victorious grin.

 

He stares at me long before his lips slowly make a smile. Finally, he chuckles softly, “Yeah, you got me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter