Mission

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passes by, day by day, filled with insignificant event. Nothing feels special, nothing seems exciting. I spend my days going from one event to another gala, prancing my name and my face as a Koo. I socialize, I mingled with my fellow chaebols but none of them feels enticing.

 

Days have gone by with the idol still touring around USA. How did I know about it? Well, the idol never fails to call me every night. He’d tell me stories or episodes of what happen that day and some problems that he is currently facing. I don’t know what he wants from me, calling me every day just to tell me stories, as if I could do anything about it.

 

*Flashback*

 

“The concert is tomorrow isn’t?” I asked.

 

“Yeah” He answered wearily.

 

“What is it this time?” I sighed. I know now that with that tone, he must've wanted to complain about something.

 

“Nothing. It's just that... There was some problem when we arrived. They couldn’t find our luggage filled with the costumes. Jieun noona was panicking so I helped and it was really tiring”

 

“You could always buy a new one” I replied without much thought.

 

He chuckles, “Buy new outfits for five different men to fill two hours concert? Where’s the money from? Your dad?”

 

I scoffed, “Ask the Lee. They’re your sponsors after all”

 

“I suppose you know them?”

 

I shrugged, “Yeah but they’re boring”

 

He laughed, “They’re filthy rich, but they’re boring?”

 

“All they talk about is business and business. I can’t be bothered to pretend to care. Especially Boo-Jin”

 

He chuckled again, “Are you close?”

 

I snorted, “No way. They’re old”

 

He laughed like there’s no tomorrow.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

The phone call each afternoon is the only thing that gets my heartbeat going. I would be waiting expectantly and he never fails me. Around 12 at night in his time, he would call from his hotel room, reporting his day. There are few occurrences where few unsuspecting people would disturb our phone call.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I got some scrapes” The idol reported.

 

“Why?”

 

“I ran to the fans and let them hug me”

 

 “Again, why?” I never understood some of his actions for his fans. They’re crazy from what I read in the news, so why would he jeopardize himself to satisfy those lunatics?

 

“It feels nice hearing them screaming my name from up close” He said. I can tell from his voice that he was smiling.

 

“Yeah but you got bruises because of it”

 

“It was worth it” He said.

 

Suddenly, loud baritone voice barged into his room, causing a loud bang of the door and a loud thud as the culprit sprung himself onto the bed. Without any introduction, I knew who the man was. There is no other man around the idol with a voice as low as him. The idol groaned, like he always does whenever someone disturb our phone call.

 

“Jiyong-ah, you know what? To heal those scrapes, alcohol would be the best!” Seunghyun said merrily.

 

“Hyuung…” The idol whined.

 

“Oh, are you on the phone with Hyuri?”

 

The idol didn’t answer but I have a feeling he nodded because the next thing I heard was some hustling and some dialing tone. No conversation was traded so I was guessing that the idol was watching what Seunghyun was doing. Not long, another voice can be heard.

 

“Ne?” A sleepy voice came from a loudspeaker device.

 

“Youngbae-ah” Seunghyun called, “Come to Jiyong’s. He’s on the phone” He said, suppressing his chuckle.

 

“COMING!” Youngbae’s voice sounded happy in an instant.

 

“ing s” The idol muttered, “Hyuri-ah. Talk to you later. Annyeong.”

 

And the line went flat.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

That was only one of many occurrences where our phone call was disturbed. Different people would try to hijack the phone call, possibly just to try to annoy the idol. From s to his crew, all teamed up to visit him every night, just in time for our daily phone call. Nonetheless, The disturbances were always civil. Only curses and some yelling were exchanged. However, there was one time where violence was involved.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I just visited Stampd head quarter” The idol boasted.

 

“How was it?”

 

“It was dope!” He exclaimed. “I shopped a lot. I was thinking of buying you one but would you wear them?”

 

“No” I answer simply.

 

He chuckled, “I knew it. I plan on visiting Chrome Hearts tomorrow, do you want anything from there?”

 

“No”

 

“What do you want me to bring from here, then?” He asked.

 

You. Was the first thing that popped into my head but I shook it, embarrassed by the thought. “Nothing”

 

“Surely there’s something I could buy for you” He insisted.

 

“Nothing that your money could buy”

 

“I’m pretty rich, you know”

 

“You won’t be as rich as me, that’s for sure”

 

He laughed, “That’s true. Come on, think of something I could buy for you!” He said exasperatedly.

 

Before I could answer, I heard the creaking noise of the door hinges and the idol’s sigh. That’s the cue th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter