Gift

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stand on the patio; overlook the people who are busying themselves loading the cars with ski equipment and their own personal stuff. Mika is hovering around Seunghyun who singlehandedly carries Mika’s and my ski equipment to help her loading into her trunk. It’s funny how Seunghyun’s face becomes red as he carries the heavy load while Mika is obliviously jumping here and there to cheer him on.

 

“HYUNG!!” Seungri shouts after he shut tight the back of his car, “Come on!! I got a flight to catch!!”

 

I know who the maknae is calling. The idol is nowhere to be seen in this winter outdoor. He chose to stay inside, busying himself with whatever stupid excuses he could come up with to prolong our stay. At one point, he even said the screws were loose on some of the bar stool and he had to tighten them before his parents come.

 

“Is everything packed?” The idol comes out from the house, looking at the parked cars with a frown.

 

“Yes” I answer for Seungri as I lean against the wall.

 

He turns his head at me and his frown deepens. He leans over and let out a whisper, “Let’s stay here a little longer”

 

“Pfft” I sneer. “I’ve got businesses to do”

 

“I got mine too! But today is the last day I have the freedom!” He whines softly.

 

I snap my head at him, giving him a warning look. What happened in my room earlier was out of plan. No. I did not plan on making out with him at all. Ever! But this good for nothing idol managed to pinned me down and devour me, taking my sanity away with his scent and his expert lips.

 

Our lips didn’t parted for the longest time. I don’t even know how I managed to breath. The only thing I remember is how hot my body was slowly getting. I remember how hungry I am of him. A hunger that I never knew existed and yet it feels so right in my sytem.

 

Mika’s voice was what snapped us back to reality. His hands was actually travelling along the side of my body, sending electricity through all of me. But he retreated it back in a heartbeat the moment Mika loudly announced the need for our return. He grumbled as he sat himself straight while I tried to catch back my breath and picked back up my mind.

 

“Don’t even think about it ever again” I hiss.

 

“You like it! I know you enjoy it” He says, boastful.

 

“It was okay” I shrug, uncaring.

 

“Your body said otherwise” His eyes twinkle.

 

“Your mind made it seemed so” I retort, leaning away from the wall and walking towards the cars.

 

He follows behind me, “I don’t know when I can see you again”

 

“It was never a problem for you before” I reply without looking back at him.

 

“I had no intention of making you mine before. Now is a different story”

 

My heartbeat stops for a millisecond. How could he say that so easily? “I’d still be in Seoul”

 

“But I wont”

 

I instinctively turn on my heels and facing him, causing him to jerk back a little in surprise. “You’re leaving overseas again??” I almost yell.

 

Slowly his surprised face replaced by a satisfied grin, “You sound sad”

 

“I thought you finished the concert??” I ignore his teasing.

 

He sighs tiredly, “No, we still have Japan to cover”

 

“You haven’t gone to Japan yet??”

 

“We have but… Hyunsuk hyung decided it’s good to return back to Japan to have more concerts”

 

I puffed out my irritation. Seriously, he just got back! Can’t he just stay a little longer so he can chase me back properly?! Geez!! When can he win me back if he is never in the country?! This Hyunsuk guy... doesn't he know that I need this idol to stay in the country?!

 

“I can still call you” He says, tilting his head.

 

“No” I turn back again, resume walking towards Mika’s car, “I don’t like phone calls, just text. You whine and complain and more whining during phone calls”

 

“No, I like phone calls, I’ll call every day” He says, draping his arm on my shoulder with a huge grin on his face.

 

“You seem happy that we soon part” I examine his expression.

 

“Oh babe, this grin is not because of that. This grin is for the fact that you are sad because I’m leaving for Japan” He says with his ego dripping out of every word.

 

I stop, looking at him as if I could eat him alive. This guy is full of it when audiences are involved that sometimes I think that the fragile, vulnerable him was not even the real him. He can’t be this cocky idol in a minute and changed into a pathetic lover boy in a matter of minutes! As I stare at him and wish for him to dissolves into bubbles, he wiggles his eyebrows playfully at me, showing no care in the world.

 

“LOVE BIRDS!!” Seungri yells, “Hurry up!! I have to be in the airport in 2 hours!!”

 

We break our staring contest immediately and the idol turns his attention to the maknae. He barks, “Try shouting at me again and you can kiss your chorus part goodbye!”

 

I take the opportunity to walk towards Mika. With his attention somewhere else, it’s easier for me to get away from him. When his attention is on me, all I want to do is stay and in all of his attention. Simply put, I can’t think straight when he looks at me straight in the eye.

 

“Ya! We’re not finished talking!” The idol is catching up to me, grabbing me by the elbow as I reach Mika’s Lamborghini.

 

“I need to go” I open the door and Mika also slides inside on the driver seat.

 

The idol pouts, saying nothing while keeping his hold on my elbow. I know he might not be saying anything now, but from the look of it, I bet his brain is cooking up something to…

 

“I’ll drive you” He says suddenly. I knew it.

 

“I came here with Mika and I plan on leaving with her too” I answer.

 

He quickly retorts, “I came here with Youngbae and I plan on going home with yo--”

 

HONK HONK!

 

Seungri fearlessly honks his car in our direction, despite knowing the temper of his hyung’s. I pray for his health, really. Sometimes I think he just loves the feeling of being abused by his hyung. Other times I believe that his existence in the group is to drive his hyungs into eternal madness.

 

“YOU ING BRAT!! I’M GOING TO CHOP YOUR BALLS TO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter