Decision

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car speeds off from my property with Junsu sits rigidly to my left while his driver tries to drive in between cars. The atmosphere is tense and I don’t quite understand what is going on. Yes, the idol was there. Yes, his presence did shake my heart. But why is he going all ballistic on this?

 

His posture is straight and tense while I look at the driver and him interchangeably. Is he trying to save me from the idol? Is this what he’s doing now? Is he trying to get rid of the idol just so that I won’t have to face him again and feel pain? But… why don’t I feel safe? Why do I feel… threatened, instead?

 

“Where to, sir?” The driver asks as he speeds through the traffic.

 

“Anywhere, I don’t give a ” Junsu says through his gritted teeth.

 

The driver continuously drives without any destination and I see Junsu is grinding his teeth. Faintly, I hear his phone rings from his pocket. He pulls it out hesitantly and checks the caller ID. Once he reads the name, he smirks evilly. I almost shudder as that smile, that exact smile was there when he tortured me during my middle year.

 

“I thought I told you to delete my number” Junsu answers the phone in his chilling tone.

 

I try to listen to the other end but he presses the phone so hard to his ear that I couldn’t hear anything. Slowly, I notice his grip on his phone tightens.

 

“No” He says coldly. “Get out of the game. You’re losing”

 

I wanted so bad to hear the other side because my heart is screaming that it is the idol who Junsu is talking to. But instead, Junsu stares at me deadly, keeping me in my seat.

 

“I can’t trust you with that” He grimace but slowly his facial expression changes. It looks like he’s contemplating. “Fine. I give you 10 minutes. 10 ing minutes to end it” Before he hangs up.

 

“What’s going on?” I pester him, leaning to his side.

 

He ignores me and addressing his driver instead, “Go to that place”

 

The driver nods, understanding his master immediately before he makes a completely U-turn and drive to the designated place. What place?

 

“Where are we going?” I tug on his shirt demandingly.

 

His head snap at me with a frown, “This is all because of you” He hisses, “Can’t you just end it through phone?!!”

 

“End what??” I slowly feel irritated by the way he acts, as if he dominates me.

 

“This juvenile thing you had with that sad pathetic idol!!” He spat.

 

What the heck?! “You told me to ignore his calls and texts!” I reply as harshly.

 

“Well you can just send a quick message telling him to stop and leave you alone, can’t you?! Do you just mindlessly do what people told you without having any initiative what so ever?!!” His voice raises, his eyebrows smashed into one. “Because you’re weak! That’s why! You’re weak and you don’t want to admit it! !”

 

Slowly, I feel fear enveloping me. That same feeling I had when I was 13 years old. That fear. That fear is coming back. And the worst part is, it’s coming from the same man. I cower back in my seat as my heart pounding loudly in my ears. I don’t want this. I can’t handle this. What the heck is going on?!

 

“That’s right. Just sit still and let a man handles this” He says icily as he looks at my figure getting smaller on my seat. His face is hard with a deep frown. He looks deadly, he looks… evil.

 

I try to even out my breath as I stare at my feet. Why am I feeling small again? Why is this happening again? The car drives for another few minutes until it stops into a full halt. The outdoor is dark and I can’t quite see where we are. Fear engulfs me more. What is he going to do to me?! Those memories flooding in like a tsunami.

 

“Wait here” He hisses before he walks out of the car.

 

The car is silent so I can hear the drumming of my heart so clearly. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t understand what is happening but I fear for myself. I look out the window and I see nothing. Everything is dark. Those memories are filling my head again. The way he pointed at me with his evil smirk while the school laughs behind him, the way he said his words trying to stab me with them, the way he tortured me with the crazy look on his face. It’s all coming back. It’s all starting to haunt me again.

 

Suddenly, the door jerks open and Junsu’s stern face is peeking from outside.

 

“Get out” He orders and I fearfully obliged.

 

I feel like a prisoner walking to fill my death penalty with his hand rests on the small of my back. I can feel myself shivering as I follow his steps. I look at my feet, praying for anything to get me out of my replayed torture. Mika’s words are filling my ears. Once a bad man will always be a bad man, she said.

 

His steps stop and I too stop my feet. I stare at the ground, wishing that it would swallow me hole. What is he going to do to me now? He was able to break me when we were kids, what about now after he has his power and he’s older?? I don’t think I would be able to fight back, just like before.

 

“Hey” A shattered, soulless voice greets me. I remember that voice and that voice immediately bring warmth to my being.

 

My head snap to the source and I swear my heart stops. He stands, few meters in front of me with his hands hidden in his pants pocket and his face covered by his sunglasses and his beanie. I see his lips form a small broken smile and it squishes my heart as I see it. Is he okay?

 

“H-h-hel--”

 

“Just hurry up and finish it” Junsu spit, cutting m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter