Woe - GD's POV

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit in my swivel chair, staring empty at the screen in front of me. I know that I am now facing a computer screen with the track that I am supposed to work on. But nothing goes through my head. I couldn’t come up with a single thing that is bad or good about this track. My brain somehow decides to stop working.

 

Teddy hyung is on my right, playing random tunes on the keyboard to pass the time with his big Beats by Dr. Dre to mute the outside world. Youngbae is behind me, randomly browsing or probably writing lyrics on the iMac. I don’t really know and at this point, I don’t really care. My head can’t process anything right now.

 

It’s been a week…

 

Why did she has to confess to me?! I spent days constraining myself from calling her! I spent days being tortured by my good-for-nothing members! I spent days trying to prove to them that we are nothing but friends! And then what? She went ahead and confessed in front of everyone?! Great.

 

I’m sure I’ve made it clear to her back then that I have no intention but friendship, so why did she has to go ahead and ruin it?! Now my members look at me funny and my family is becoming suspicious of me! Even Mika decided to no longer talk to me until Hyuri talked to her.

 

Is it my fault now that Hyuri decided to disappear from Mika for a while?! Hyuri’s a big girl! People should stop worrying about her! She just did a stupid thing by believing into this fairy tale people told her and it’s a good move for her to go into hiding! ARGH!!! I’m going to lose my head soon!!

 

“You okay?” I hear Youngbae speaks.

 

“Huh?” I turn, with my fingers tangled around my hair.

 

“You were screaming” Youngbae says.

 

“Oh” Slowly, I let my hands off of my head, “Nothing”

 

“Are you done? I want to start on my songs too” He tilts his chin at the screen that I’m working on.

 

“No” I quickly turn back to face the screen. “I’m still working”

 

I hear Youngbae sighed loudly, “Just drop it, man”

 

“Drop what?” I reply, pretending that I’m busy with my track.

 

“Your act. You’re not fooling anyone”

 

“Who’s acting?” I keep my tone composed.

 

“Can you honestly tell me that you’re not thinking about Hyuri just then?”

 

I tensed. Here we go again. Hyuri. Hyuri. Koo Hyuri. Everyone has been talking about her and I, non-stop! We are just freaking friends, for God’s sake!!

 

Youngbae sigh irritatedly and I hear a screech of a chair being pushed, “Whatever, man. I’m leaving. Call me when you’re done”

 

I waved a goodbye without looking at him as I clicked the mouse randomly to make it look like I’m busy. I don’t want him to see my eyes, he tends to know what’s in my head just by looking through my retina. He’s scary like that. He knows me better than my noona.

 

I sense Youngbae walks to the door but when he opens it, instead of hearing his steps furthering away, I hear a loud shrieking voice coming from outside, screaming profanities and my name mixed together. The acoustic of the studio makes her voice even louder.

 

“M-m-mika?” Youngbae stuttered.

 

“WHERE THE HELL IS THAT JERK?!!” Mika’s voice is booming.

 

I turned my chair in surprise and almost lost a beat of my heart when I see Mika walked inside the studio. She has her eyes bulging out of its socket. I could almost see horns coming out between her hair and steam coming out from her nose. Her face is red in anger and her little hands clenched together as if ready to throw them at me.

 

“Whoa!” I immediately stand with my hands stretch in front of me like a shield. “What the heck is going on here??”

 

“WHAT’S GOING ON?! YOU’RE ASKING ME WHAT’S GOING ON?! HERE’S WHAT’S GOING ON, JERK!! YOU JUST REJECTED MY CHILDHOOD BESTFRIEND!!” She screamed as she charges towards me.

 

“Mika! Calm down!! We’ve talked about this! You’ve slapped me twice! Why are we on this again??” I hold on to her shoulder to restrain her from coming any closer. That slap she gave me, after she found out what happened, stung for a few days.

 

“WHY?!! YOU’RE ASKING ME WHY?! BECAUSE, JERK, YOU ARE THE CAUSED FOR EVERYTHING!!!” She screamed. I can see her eyes begin to water.

 

“Mika-ya…” I her shoulder but she quickly slaps it away.

 

“Don’t ‘Mika’ me!”

 

“What do you want me to say, huh? That I return the feeling? You want me to lie to her? And to myself?”

 

“You’re lying to yourself right now!!!” She slaps my chest.

 

“Hey! It’s my feelings! I know it more than you do!” I retort.

 

“Oh, really??! Then please, PLEASE, explain to me why you kissed her??” She blurts.

 

“WHAT?” Youngbae runs to her side, his eyes open wide for once.

 

“Yes. He did” She points an accusing finger at me, “He kissed her. Not once, not twice, but three times!”

 

“JI!!” Youngbae shots me a disapproving look.

 

“I…I…” I take a step back, suddenly feeling suffocated.

 

“What? What’s your excuse this time?! A brotherly kiss?! A friendly kiss?! You’re a jerk!!” Mika throws her bag at me but it missed.

 

“Ji…” Youngbae shakes his head at me.

 

“It’s not what you think… I kissed her… I kissed her… because…” My breathing becomes hard. “I… I… like teasing her”

 

“TEASING HER?!!” Mika unclasped her heels and throw one at me and it goes straight to my guts, making me wince. “IT’S HER FIRST KISS, YOU JERK!!”

 

“Wha-a…WHAT??!” Breathing becomes harder and harder. The pain from Mika’s heels is nothing compare to the shock.

 

“Okay… Mika… I think you should calm down…” Youngbae grab Mika’s shoulder from behind and slowly dragging her towards the couch.

 

Youngbae sits Mika down and grabbing our supply of Vitamin Water and hands it to her. She opens the bottle hastily before she gulps the content empty, all the while her eyes piercing intensely at me.

 

“She…she…” I try to make a coherent sentence, “She didn’t tell me that it’s her first kiss”

 

“OF COURSE SHE DIDN’T! WOMEN HAVE PRIDE, YOU MORON!!” Mika throw the empty bottle my way and I simply accept the blow to my ribs.

 

My knees wobble and my vision becomes hazy. I step backwards until I feel the table on my back. I place my palms on the surface of the table and rest my weight on the tabletop. I am too worn out for this ed up information. Why is everything has to hit me at once??

 

“Why are you letting it out now, Mika? It’s been a week…” Youngbae asks her softly.

 

“Because I thought that jerk you call best friend would find his senses and get his act right by the time the week ends” She hisses.

 

“It’s not a week yet, we still have one more day. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter