Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everything surrounds me is blurry, if not plain white. The walls are white, the floor is white and nothing else. There is nothing else around, aside from the kneeling idol in front of me. Every thing else, everyone else seems insignificant now. Maybe the worry that shines from his orbs blinds me from my surrounding.

 

My heartbeat is racing to a point that is no longer normal. I can hear its speeding beat ringing in my ears as my heart pounds my rib cage mercilessly. The feeling is foreign and I begin to worry for my own health. My heart rate has never reached this limit before. Why now? What’s wrong with now?

 

“Still hurt?” His husky voice brings me back to him.

 

I shake my head.

 

“Are you sure? It’s going to leave a mark” He says, my burnt skin.

 

“Ye…yeah.” I croak. My voice was lost along with my ability to perceive my environment.

 

“Do you want to go home?” He asks worriedly.

 

“No. It’s fine. It doesn’t hurt as much anymore” I shake my head again.

 

“I’ll drive you home if you want to go” He maintains.

 

“No. I’m still hungry” I reply, rubbing my empty tummy.

 

Finally a smile form on his face, “Alright. Put some ointment once you got home later, okay?”

 

I nod.

 

He moves, no longer tending my hand but he makes no attempt to return back to his original seat either. He takes a cushion and places it to my right before he sits down on it, taking a claim of his new position. He takes his cutleries and bowl and moves it so that it is now in front of him. He changed his seat to sit next to me.

 

I watch him as he busy himself with his new setting. He doesn’t bother with all the stares that the boys and Mika give him but neither do I. I can’t seem to take my eyes off of his every motion. Maybe it intrigues me, maybe it baffles me. Does he really think of me as a sister thus the treatment he's giving me?

 

The boys no longer battle on the BBQ field for they are too stunned with my incident that I don’t think they want to repeat it. Their instinct still kicks in once a while, flicking off a chopsticks that goes near a meat but once the idol shot them a threatening glare, they stop completely.

 

The idol grilled more meat and once it’s cooked, he immediately places it on my plate. He put one meat on his plate for every two meat on mine.

 

“Eat” He orders me.

 

“I can grab the galbi myself” I am taking some of the meat on my plate and intend to place it on his. He places more meat on mine than any of the other guys combined!

 

He stops my hand mid air. “Eat”

 

“This is too much. I’ll grab one myself if I want more” I complain.

 

“No. Keep your hands away from the grill.” He says sternly as he places another meat onto my plate.

 

I pout. It’s not fair that he keeps on giving me the meat and yet he doesn’t eat as much because he was too busy placing the meat and cooking it for me. So I decide to return the favor. I was about to reach out for cooked meat with the intention to give him one, when his hand suddenly grab my wrist and jerks my arm back.

 

I look up and see him scowling at me. His lips are in a thin line and his eyebrows meet, creating a v shape in the middle of his forehead.

 

“I said, keep your hands away from the grill. I meant it” He scolds darkly, accentuates every word.

 

I cowered immediately. Something about his gaze is telling me that he’s not in it for a joke. He meant every word and it feels like I’m going to get into trouble if I don’t comply. I follow his instruction and begin to eat the meat silently. I eat the meat and the rice in that order while the idol is still busy cooking me some more meat. At this rate, I’m going to be 5kg heavier when I get out of this restaurant.

 

“Hyuri-ah, eat some veggies too” Youngbae’s voice reminds me of his presence.

 

“Ah… It’s okay” I decline. I feel like I’m going to get into trouble if I do something other than what the idol orders.

 

I continue eating my meat and rice when suddenly a meat wrapped with a lettuce presents itself in front of me. I look up and I see Youngbae is grinning at me, holding the wrapped meat with his right hand across the table. He shoves the wrapped me to my direction to show that it is for me.

 

It baffles me for a second before I finally understand what I need to do. I open my mouth, letting him feed me the wrapped meat but before he could places the wrapped meat into my mouth, a chopstick slaps Youngbae’s arm hard, making him winch and pull back his arm, along with the wrapped meat.

 

I turn to my right and see the idol is scowling at Youngbae. His face is scrunched up, showing his annoyance. His jaw is locked and his eyes are in a slit. If we’re in cartoons, lasers would probably beam out of his eyes by now. He holds his chopstick tightly as if to show Youngbae that he would use it again as a weapon if necessary.

 

“What? I'm not allowed give her a wrapped meat too??” Youngbae argues but somehow I notice a teasing smirk shadowing his lips.

 

“She can wrapped one herself” The idol says coldly.

 

“She hurt her hand!” Youngbae points at my injured hand.

 

The idol takes a glance at my bruised hand and huffs in agitation. He rakes his hair before he take one layer of a lettuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter