Elite

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I’ve never seen a man so bright and yet incredibly proud of it at the same time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man wearing such outfit outside a theme park, anyway. I had to squint my eyes to adjust with the light that reflects off from his outfit. From top to bottom, he is all in gold with his hair shining blue and pink.

 

He looks like he’s covered with a gold aluminum foil. I’m sure this is not the trend these days, isn’t it?

 

“So?” he his head. The same victorious smirk that has been haunting me is on his face, mocking me.

 

“Do I know you?” I reply quickly.

 

His face falls instantly as his body jerks away a little, unprepared by my response, I’m sure.

 

“If you’ll excuse me…” I walk around him, wanting to get away as far as possible but his hand quickly grab my wrist and stop me on my track.

 

“No, I won’t excuse you” He says and tugs me back to face him.

 

“Can I help you with anything?” I look at him impassively, hiding my erratic heart.

 

“Do you have amnesia?” He frowns.

 

“No, but I do have a lot of business to attend to”

 

“And the kiss just slipped out of your memory?”

 

Damn it. Why does he have to say it out loud! “I’m not following you”

 

“Shall I remind you?”

 

“Don’t you dare!” I growl quickly.

 

He snickers, content with my reaction, “I knew you wouldn’t forget”

 

“Who could forget such a disgusting kiss?” I hold my head high.

 

“Oh, so you’ve had better then?” He tilts his head, interested.

 

“I’ve had the best” I lie. I will never let this bastard know.

 

“I’m sure” His eyes glitters in mockery. I think he caught my lie.

 

“I see you’ve matched your outfit with mine” He studies my clothing and that’s when I realized that my skirt is actually the same color as his attire. Oh no.

 

“In your dreams” I snort.

 

“What’s with your outfit, really? This is not some business function, you know” He comments.

 

“None of your business. I wear what I want to wear”

 

“That’s true. But you look more like an ahjumma now”

 

“Only those who knows nothing of brands could say such thing”

 

He raises an eyebrow, “Not knowing brands? Well I know for a fact that the Herve Ledger you wore that night suits you way better than this Gucci top”

 

Huh. Who would’ve thought that he knows brands too? “Quite frankly, I don’t care about what you think”

 

“You should loosen up. There’s no one here that you need to impress” He grabs my shoulder, which I quickly shove away.

 

“I’m not here to impress you, that’s for sure”

 

“I didn’t say anything about you trying to impress me. But if that’s what you’re truly doing then I’m sorry, I am barely impressed.”

 

Out of nowhere, a figure appears next to the blue man. His hair is almost an Afro if he didn’t shaved the sides of his head. He beams happily at me and waves his hand as if we’ve been friends since we were young. Once his eyes are gone by his smile, I remember him. It’s the guy in the VVIP room that night. What’s his name again? Young…

 

“Youngbae” He extends his hand.

 

“We’ve met” I accept his handshake.

 

“We did. I didn’t know you’d come to this kind of event” He gestures the room.

 

“I don’t. Circumstances made me”

 

“Because of me? You shouldn’t have. I’d visit your place if you call. You don’t have to come all the way here” The blue man interrupts.

 

“If I know that you’d be here, I wouldn’t even show a strand of hair” I spat.

 

“As if you didn’t know. The party is to celebrate my collaboration with Verbal. It’s all over the invitation”

 

I stun, recalling the gold invitation that I barely skim through earlier. I did notice a name other that Verbal’s and Yoon’s. What was it…? G-something… Oh ! I remember the staffs in Louis Vuitton referred to him as G-Iguana or some sort. Crap! Why didn’t I notice it earlier!!

 

“See? I know you know” He smirks while the Afro man next to him stifles a giggle.

 

“I may have overlooked it” I keep my voice composed.

 

“Maybe, subconsciously, you wanted to see me so badly”

 

“What part of ‘idols disgust me’ don’t you understand?”

 

“The whole thing” He replies simply.

 

“Wow, Koo Hyu Ri?” A familiar voice calls my name from behind me. I turn and satisfied seeing a familiar face in this idol-filled event.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter