Humble

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am staring intently at the woman in the mirror. She wears a Balmain striped low-rise skinny jeans and a Proenza Schouler jacket to shed off the winter breeze. I heaved out a heavy breath and the woman in the mirror reflects it. She looks good, as always. She looks expensive, as always. Of course, she’s me.

 

 

What troubles me is not the way I dress or the way I look. I always look amazing, so there will never be any worry in that area. My eyebrows creased because internally, I question myself as to why I even dressed up tonight. I am wearing jeans and leather jacket, for God’s sake! This is so not me.

 

“Wear something comfortable!” I remembered he screamed before he was gone out of my sight and no longer be seen at my party.

 

What am I doing, entertaining him by actually preparing for a night out?? I don’t have to go if I don’t want to. I didn’t promise him anything! Heck, I’m pretty sure he was just saying that to mess with my head. But then… what am I doing here, checking myself in the mirror for the thousandth times as if to make sure that my mind is still straight.

 

I need to know his side of the story as to how Mika befriended him. Yes, that’s my reasoning. I need to know the story behind the seemingly muddled line between aristocrats and entertainers. Everyone knows that I don’t want to see him again. Heck no! If I can, I’d ship him off to planet Saturn using one of my dad’s satellite systems. I am doing this for Mika. I am doing this for the sake of Chaebols society.

 

I glance at my wall to check my oversized Audemars Piguet clock that hangs on top of my vanity mirror. It says 11.25 at night. He’s 25 minutes late! I guess that’s the main difference between entertainers and socialites. They don’t know that time is literally money in our definition.

 

As the clock ticking, I unconsciously begin to stride back and forth in my room impatiently, cursing my own decision. Damn it! I knew he was just messing with my head when he told me that he’d pick me up! I will never see the light of day if people find out that I was being stood up by a stupid idol!

 

A faint knock is on my door and I snap my head to see my help is peeking in nervously.

 

“What?!” I bark. I am starting to unclasp my heels, to prepare for sleep.

 

“Errr… There is someone coming for you” She says, looking at the ground.

 

“Who?!” I toss my heels to the side.

 

“K-K-Kwon Jiyong-ssi…” She stutters.

 

What?! I glance at the wall and it says 11.35. He is ing 35 minutes late and he still has the guts to come and fetch me??!!! Oh I am way beyond furious.

 

“Tell him to off!!” I yell and quickly my maid bows timidly before she closes the door.

 

I sit at the edge of my bed, controlling my breath. Who does he think he is?! Marching into my home and decide to pick me up after being late for more than half an hour?! I never wait for people, Goddamn it! Wait, if I’m angry, then why am I putting my heels back on?

 

I stomp towards the grand foyer and I can see him talking to my maid with a disappointed look on his face. My maid is obviously trying her best not to squeal by the sight of an idol as she explains about my rejection. I think she’s trying to rephrase my sentence earlier to make it sound more civil.

 

The sound of my heels tapping onto the marbled floor obviously startles the two people and they look up to meet me. I stop and put my hands on my waist, to show my anger. Despite my rage, his face lit up and a smile formed slowly onto his face. My maid looks both of us alternatingly before she bows to excuse herself. I’m sure she can sense a world war three about to start.

 

“Ready to go?” He grins, putting his cap back on.

 

“Are you ing serious?!” I hiss, not moving from my stance.

 

He stops midway, hands in the middle of fixing his hat as he stares at me innocently, “Why? I can see you’re already dressed”

 

“You said 11 PM!! Look at the time now, !” I point at the giant clock on the wall.

 

He stares at it and a frown forming onto his lips. “Is that… Authentic Audemars Piguet?”

 

ARGH! This man is impossible!!!

 

“You are 35 minutes late, you jack !!” I yell, unable to control my fury.

 

He turns, looking at me quizzically before slowly a playful smirk creeps up to his face. “Were you waiting?”

 

I clamp my mouth shut, surprise by his question. Was I not supposed to wait? Oh who the hell am I kidding? I know I’m not supposed to wait. Argh! What was I thinking anyway agreeing to this set up? But wait a minute, I didn’t agree to this setup. My body was just moving by itself and the next thing I know, I was dressed in comfortable clothing, ready to be picked up. Argh!! This is so confusing!

 

He chuckles and bops his head to the side, “Let’s go”

 

I stay rooted, fixing my stance and fold my arms in front of my chest. Oh Mister, you need to do more than that to be able to drag me into you car. Who do you think I am? A lowly actress?

 

“Want me to literally pick you and toss you into my car?” He raises an eyebrow.

 

I gasp. He wouldn’t dare!

 

“Hurry up, I’m hungry!” He strides towards me and pushes me out the door. He got a surprising strength considering his small frame and I couldn’t fight his force as he leads me to his car.

 

The white Bently on my driveway lights up when he cli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter