Unforeseen

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The flashing light on the dance floor blinds me momentarily as a hand snakes its way around my waist, pulling closer to a warm slender body in front of me. Whispers are coming from the patrons surrounds me and music almost deafens my hearing. I lost all senses for a few seconds as my plan of leaving the venue was hijacked by these men.

 

I look over my shoulder and there is see them, swarmed by people that have jealousy plastered on their faces are my best friend and a tall man with the most sculptured jaw I’ve ever seen on a Korean man. Yes, it is the same man that I was sitting with inside the VIP room. He no longer shoots death shots out of his eyes; instead, they are oozes worry with a hint of longing.

 

Mika is moving her figure to the beat, accentuates her curves even more. Her lips forms a small smile and her eyes are closed, enjoying the effect of booze combined with the hard-hitting beat from the speaker. The tall man looks at her, unfazed by her y moves. He simply has his hands fixed on her hips, making sure she is able to stand straight and off from other men. He makes sure there’s an amount of gap between his body and hers.

 

The hand that is around my waist tugs me back; remind me of his presence and forcing my body to face him again. I look up and got a reminder of whom I am dancing with. The annoying, arrogant little prick is smiling wickedly at me as his body sways along with the music.

 

“Dance” He orders, forcing my body to move with his.

 

“We need to leave” I snarls.

 

“Oooh… that was quick. All right, let me get my keys. My place or yours?” He teases.

 

“I was referring to Mika and I. You are disgusting” I slap his hand off my waist and I could almost feel intense hatred coming off the people around us.

 

He smirks, amused but quickly places his hand on my back again, pulling me even closer. He lowers his head next to my ear and whispers, “You have to dance before I let you go”

 

“And risk my name to be associated with an idol? No thank you” I push him off me but he doesn’t bulge.

 

“What’s with you and idol, really?” He his head while slowly moving our body away from the dance floor; all the while keeping my body in his embrace.

 

“I am a respected Koo so if you don’t want your career to end abruptly, get your hands off me” I hiss.

 

“What’s a Koo?”

 

Oh God, he really is stupid. “Google it”

 

“Maybe later” He dismisses.

 

“Let. Go” I try to pry his hands away but to no vail.

 

“Not until you loosen up and dance” He wiggles his hips and his eyebrows.

 

“I only dance with someone I respect”

 

“I’m someone that deserves to be respected” He declares.

 

“You’re an idol” I spat, unable to contain my irritation anymore.

 

“And you’re a plain Korean citizen” he quickly adds.

 

“YA!!” My strength doubled and finally I am able to get away from his hold.

 

He looks at me with an entertained look in his face. Slowly a smile starts to tug from the corner of his lips as he watches me intently. The people around us are no longer hovering for we are now slightly hidden from the dance floor. I hadn’t realized that he took me off the dance floor until now. He moved us ever so discreetly that I didn’t even noticed.

 

“What!” I challenge him. The way he looks at me, I sense that he must be planning of doing something ludicrous in his head.

 

“Nothing” He raises both his hands in mock surrender, shining fake innocence from his eyes.

 

Out of nowhere, two figures emerges behind the blue man and I see Mika’s face is peeking from behind the tall man. Her eyes are closed but her face is radiant, showing her happiness. The sculpture-like man taps the blue man on the shoulder, making the later turns.

 

“I’m taking Mika home” The tall man whispers loudly, fighting dominance with the loud music.

 

The blue man nods, “Can you drive?”

 

“I called in substitute driver” The tall man answers. “You’ll take Youngbae or are you taking…” He slowly travels his gaze to see me.

 

“No. I am not going home with this kid.” I answer it for him. “And I’ll take Mika” I extend my hand to reach out for my best friend. A hand, which the blue man quickly slaps away.

 

He frowns at me, “What’s your problem? Can’t you see Mika wants Seunghyun hyung to take her home?”

 

“Don’t worry Hyuri-ssi, I wont do anything to her. I’ll take her home unscratched” The tall man says coolly and bows chivalrously at me before he guides the giggling Mika outside.

 

I watch their retreating back and can’t help but to think about events that happened during the year I’ve been gone. Mika had never once mentioned about her relationship with an idol and I know I’d be the first to object if she ever told me. But the way the statuesque man looks at her and hovering around her, it gives a sense of protection. As if he doesn’t want her to hurt physically, nor mentally.

 

“Where were we?” The blue man asks, making my attention turn back to him.

 

“We were in the middle of me telling you to off” I whisper coldly.

 

“Damn, what kind of language do you have there, miss” He shakes his head as if disapproving my choice of word.

 

“God. I shouldn’t have come!” I fix my dress that’s been pulling up since he forced my body to dance.

 

“Ah, look at the time” He ignores my grumbling and pretends to look at his wrist where his gold Rolex lies. “I need to leave”

 

“Good. I hope I don’t see your disgraceful face in any of my future function” I snarl.

 

“Disgraceful? Hey, I’m an idol!” He defends himself.

 

“Exactly” I turn and prepare to leave when his hand pulls me back to face him.

 

“You know, there are tons of girls swooning over this face” He points himself.

 

“I guess Korea needs to improve its education” I retorts and his mouth opens in surprise.

 

Slowly, a devilish smile creeps up on his face and his eyes twinkles with mischief. I couldn’t react fast enough to stop what he’s going to do. He wraps me with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter