Leave (GD POV)

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride was over. Every patrons inside the train was either giggling excitedly, or still shrieking by the lingering fear. Nonetheless, everyone was making a noise. Everyone, but the girl next to me. As the train moved slower to finally stop and let the passenger off, I tried to peeked in through the safety guard that constraints me, to make sure that's she's smiling. I hoped she's not crying like before, I wished she'd enjoy it.

 

Her head fell limp through the safety guard. Her hair covers much of her face but I noticed the slightly blue color her lips was getting. I was stunned, confused, until the train moved to a final jerk and stop.

 

"Babe..." I called out to her.

 

The safety guards lifted and instead of answering me, she fell forward, onto her thighs.

 

"Hyeri!" I gasped and quickly pulled her up. "Hyeri!!"

 

Her body was cold as ice and her face void blood.

 

"Sir, what's wrong?" The attendant come to our aid instantly and it is then that I realized how loud I was. Everyone in the vicinity are watching us, interested to see what the ruckus is all about.

 

I ignore all of those people and address the attendant, "I don't know what happened! She's... She's..." I can feel my body trembling.

 

The attendant lifted the motionless body of her with my help. They brought out a stretcher and put her carefully on. Every eyes were on us, murmuring stuff that I didn't bother to hear. My head is full by the image of pale Hyuri. What's happened? Was it my fault? Was it too scary for her?

 

It was then that I realized my grief mistake.

 

I was starting to put piece by piece together when a new attendant come whispered in my ear. He pulled my arm, motioned me to follow him, in the other direction where Hyuri was going.

 

"Sir, follow me" he whispered.

 

"Huh? No. I'm going with her!" I pointed at the leaving stretcher.

 

"No, sir. G-Dragon-ssi. You have to follow me" He insisted while his eyes travelled to the people surrounded us.

 

I heard their whisper then. Them, pointing at me then pointing at where Hyuri was. They whispered my name, some in mocking tone, most in wonder. I heard words like 'dating', 'hiding' and 'scandal' was thrown every now and then. My hand immediately went up to my face mask and was a little glad that it was still covering me.

 

"They already know, sir. You need to leave" The attendant whispered again, more urgently.

 

I let him take me to God knows where. There were no strength l left in my limbs anymore. He dragged me along small hidden hallways, between rides. Possibly the path where they uses for operational purpose. A part of me wanted to thank him for covering me, but most part wanted to scream and rebel against him and run to where they're taking her.

 

We arrived in a small, badly lit room. From the way CCTV perched on the walls, I know it was the security area. The guards stand and offered me their chair which I took without a word. I feel like my life was drawn from me and my two scrawny legs can't hold my weight anymore. I took a sip from the water they handed me. It didn't 't feel a thing. I didn't know if I'm really drinking water or if I'm simply breathing air.

 

I glanced around the many CCTV, wanted to see if I could see where Hyuri was. All I see was people. Happy laughing people, walking around the theme park. Some of them holds hand and few has their arms around their loved ones. At last, I felt that familiar feeling again. Jealousy. Jealous of how those people could walk around freely without having to worry about their masks.

 

"We don't have CCTV for the nurse room" One of the guards said, understanding what I wanted to see.

 

"Where is this nurse room?" I croaked.

 

"Near the entrance. It's quite far from here" another guard answered.

 

"Please, take me there" I turn and I face them all, begging.

 

"Later, G-Dragon-ssi" the attendant who brought me here, replied. "You made quite a commotion in the roller coaster section by your sightings"

 

"They didn't see my face. I had my mask" I touched my mask again, to make sure.

 

"Yeah, but your scream pretty much blew your cover"

 

I replied nothing. I didn't know what to say, so I stay silent. Everyone is eyeing me, as if I'm an endangered species in the zoo.

 

It finally dawned on me what Hyuri's mother was talking about. I finally understood what's the big deal is of our relationship. Today was just a small proof how her fragility and my incompetence would lead to our ending. It also proved how my popularity rendered me from being her protector.

 

It felt like my chest was bring ripped open, slowly to enhance the torture. As her mother's words passed my head, the more the pain doubled. Why didn't I realize this? Why was I so stupid? Of course she would experienced back her trauma as she rode that goddamn roller coaster. Of course she would remember all those pain as she rode the ride. Where was my brain?!

 

I needed to see her. I needed to know that she was fine. I needed to make sure that my stupidity don't bring much harm to her. I needed to feel that my presence upon her wasn't as bad as her mother said.

 

Oh, who am I kidding? The moment I decided to take her into my life, I know I brought her danger.

 

"G-Dragon-ssi, please drink some hot tea" the guard handed me a steamed cup. "You're shivering"

 

I look down my body and realized how trembling I was. I was shaking horribly, not because of cold, but because of the intense fear and sadness that eloped me. My body probably thought that the emotional pain I'm currently experiencing could be diminished by shaking my body vigorously. But it was wrong. My pain on doubles as seconds ticked by.

 

"No, I'm fine. I'm waiting to be allowed to visit my..." What am I going to say? Girlfriend? Am I going to make another big fuss? "My cousin. I need to make sure my cousin is okay"

 

"Your cousin?" Said one of the guard incredulously. "Yeah okay. Whatever you say. Just sit here until the situation is under control"

 

I no longer reply. Watching at every screen that showed every inch of the theme park, hoping that I could somehow spot Hyuri rushing to me, looking bright eyed and healthy. I sat there motionless, staring fruitlessly at the screen. I waited patiently until I finally fed up and blew.

 

"Why the hell is it taking so long?! I'm sorry but can't your team handle the little sightings of a mere idol efficiently?!"

 

"We've dismissed the commotion, but" he added before I could retort. "But they are now forming smaller groups and are scanning the whole theme park for you. They were quite certain that it was you in that roller coaster. We can't kick out our guests for simply strolling along the park, whatever their reason behind it" the guard wearing a blazer answered. I assumed that he was their boss, looking at how the other guards are quiet whenever he spoke.

 

"Er... Sir..." One of them timidly speak. "CEO is on his way here"

 

I turned and see from the screen, a bundle of suit wearing people are walking in tight group. Everyone wore the same black suits except one in the middle. He was a little bit shorter than the rest. He was wearing a white polo shirt and a golf shorts. They march without looking right or left, ignoring all the stares.

 

After few moments of silence, came a loud knock on the door. When the door opened, a man with the black suit and black aviator peeked in. He noticed me and nodded before he went out of view and let a smaller man came in.

 

He looked ragged as he met my eyes.

 

"I'm Lee Jae Yong" he extended a hand which I quickly accept with a return of my name.

 

"What happened?" He asked briskly.

 

"We took a roller coaster ride and she... She..." I couldn't finish. The thought of it still burned my inside.

 

"They've put her on IV. They said she's going to be fine. Something about shoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter