Muse

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stand, frozen. I am not prepared for my mother’s question. The idol is silent, probably noticing the cold atmosphere between my mother and I. She looks at me with the same frigid smile on her face as she waits for me to answer. But what can I say? I left Han Jun Su unceremoniously in front of the house’s gate and jump onto an idol car. I’m officially a chaebol rebel!

 

“Junsu-ssi was not able to pick her up due to some technical problem with his transport, mam. I immediately picked Hyuri up since we don’t want her to come any later” I hear the idol says, calm and collected.

 

“Oh, really?” My mother turns her attention back to the idol.

 

“Yes, mam” The idol nods.

 

“What did you say your name was again, son?”

 

“Jiyong, mam. Kwon Ji Yong” The idol stands straight and for once I had to admit that he looks good. He looks regal.

 

“Nice to meet you, Kwon Ji Yong” My mother holds out her hand to which the idol quickly accepts with a firm grip. “I heard of your contribution to Korea. Well done, son”

 

“Eh?” The calm façade that was once on his face is slipping away as confusion hits him.

 

“You’ve been traveling around with your team. I know it may not be your main intention but you’ve successfully put Korea on a high pedestal. Many foreign investors begin to take interest into Korean shares now and your team plays a part in that. Also, the sale number for Galaxy’s had been significantly increasing since they’ve had you as their spokesperson. I heard the net present value of their investment in your team is incredibly high and reliable. I have to say, I’m jealous. We should’ve caught you earlier” My mother says with a smile and a glint in her eyes.

 

“Mother…?” I don’t understand a word she just spoke.

 

“I wish your team success” She says to the idol.

 

“You know… my team?” The idol looks like he’s in a trance.

 

“Of course. BigBang is all over the media these past months. Our company is all about connecting to the current trend so do expect me to know more than people my age, son” She smiles teasingly. “I only know of your stage name, however. G-Dragon”

 

His expression is a mixture of awe, confusion and pure adoration as he stares at my mother. I, however, have my jaw on the floor and my eyeballs rolling between the chairs somewhere. My mother, my oh-so-elegant and oh-so-perfect mother, know idols?! This is preposterous!

 

“Please enjoy the party. Bid on a thing or two. It’s for good cause” She gestures the room. “And if you’ll excuse me, I have to attend to my other guests”

 

The idol quickly bow a 90-degree as my mother leaves. His eyes following her moves until she is no longer on our vision. I can almost see he drools as he stares at my mother.

 

He mutters, “I think I’m in love…”

 

“She’s my mother, jackass” I slap his stomach.

 

He giggles, “How come your mother is so cool and you’re so…. Not?”

 

I slap his stomach again. “You want me to call security?”

 

He laughs, “Cranky?”

 

“Why did you lie to her about Junsu? What if she finds out??” I walk towards the open space area of the venue and the idol follows me on my side.

 

“Pft. She wouldn’t. How is he going to tell people? An idol stole his date? He’d lose all of his credibility if people finds out the truth” The idol snatches a snack from a tray.

 

“I can’t believe my mother knows you…” I shake my head in disbelief.

 

“I told you, I’m famous” He says as he munches on his mini-tart.

 

“Yeah, whatever, idol” I snort.

 

“What’s this?” The idol touches a brochure on the table with lists and small items on it.

 

“You bid on them” I answer uncaringly. I’ve been to this kind of charities a thousand times.

 

“Bid?” The idol his head at me.

 

“Yeah. Place your price on the paper they provided for the item listed. The person offered the highest price wins. The money gathered will then be given to the charity that had been previously selected” I explain.

 

“I thought you yell and shout during auctions?”

 

“We don’t do that. It’s a silent action, idol. Do you expect people like my mother would yell and shout prices as the MC shows the item on stage?” I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Errr… Yeah. That’s my definition of an auction”

 

“That’s because you’re a working class” I sneer.

 

He pouts but another thing catches his attention again, “Three night and a villa in mount Fuji?” He picks another brochure.

 

“Oh?” I look over his shoulder. “That’s my mother’s”

 

He snaps his head at me. “You have a villa at mount Fuji??”

 

“A mansion or a castle would be best explains it. I guess my mother wants to be humble and describe it as a villa instead” I shrug.

 

“How rich are you?” He hisses.

 

“LG, idol. LG” I point at myself.

 

He chuckles. Suddenly he smirks and like in cartoons, I could almost see a light bulb lighted on top of his head. He smiles mischievously before he turns his body and pick up a pen. He leans down the table and begin to write on the paper given. After he finished, he clicks the pen once and stands back straight with a proud smirk on his face.

 

Intrigued and slightly suspicious, I peer on the paper he just wrote.

 

Koo Villa at Mount Fuji (Three Nights for Eight People)

 

Name                          Price

GD                              100,000 won

 

 

I snap my head at him and see him grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Are you insane??” I almost shout.

 

He shrugs, “No one bid on it yet. Maybe I could win”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter