Tug-of-War

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my loyal readers!

I am so sorry for updating so so so late... It is so so so not me! :(

I've had rough few weeks and now I'm picking up the pieces and I only had the time to write now... Sorry for keeping you guys waiting :(

Without further adieu, here's Chapter 37!

- Jiyongchy

 

I wake up to the beautiful sound of birds chirping and wind passing by. I feel better than last night. The painkillers works like magic and made me sleep peacefully through out the night. Well, it’s either the painkillers that help me sleep peacefully or the idol’s so called profession of his feelings for me.

 

I get off the bed carefully, making sure I don’t strain my ankle further. I limp my way outside as I smell the potent scent of morning coffee and freshly toasted bread. I hear chattering from the kitchen with occasional laughter every now and then. The raspy voice, the high chirpy, the tenor and the loud. They’re all in the kitchen, it seems.

 

“Hyuri!!” Mika is the first who notices me walk in the kitchen.

 

The idol immediately stands up from his seat, tense as he looks at me. I can see obvious dark circles around his eyes, almost competing the ones that Seungri always supports.

 

“You should’ve stay in your room, Hyuri! I could grab you something to eat” Youngbae comes and assists me to the breakfast table to help me sit on the bar stool. All the while the idol is staring deadly at us.

 

I look at the toaster in front of me and a bubbling kettle with a coffee inside. “Where’s the maid?”

 

Mika chuckles, “There’s no maid, Hyuri-ah”

 

I look at her, surprise, “What kind of villa doesn’t have at least one maid??” The idea is absurd!

 

“My kind of villa” the idol answers.

 

“Huh?”

 

“This is mine. I haven’t officially opened it to public yet. My dad runs it. I gave this to my parents” He explains.

 

“Ah…” I nod as Daesung pours me a cup of coffee, “No wonder it lacks of class”

 

The coffee that Daesung pour immediately spill on the table top while the rest are laughing mockingly at the idol whose face is now completely red.

 

“Your definition of class and mine is completely different, Hyuri-ah” He says defensively.

 

“Exactly. We have different view of the world. No wonder we never get along” I answer casually as I sip the hot coffee.

 

His face panics, “Ah… Errr… that’s not what I meant! I mean, people say opposite attracts”

 

“That’s ridiculous. Opposite will only get on each other’s throat” I reply back.

 

“No! I mean, there’s always this thing called compromise!”

 

“I never compromise for anything in my life” I reply simply.

 

“You don’t have to! I will!” He replies nervously, completely ignoring the weird stares he got from the rest of the boys.

 

“Are we still in the topic of this villa?” Daesung looks at us alternatingly.

 

“I am” I reply, cocking my head to the idol. “I don’t know what he’s talking about”

 

The idol heaved out a heavy breath as he stares exasperatedly at me. Youngbae and Mika seems to get the situation as sly smirks slowly forms on each face. Daesung has the usual confused look while Seungri slowly let out his loud laugh, completely oblivious to the redness of the idol’s face. I got the upper hand and I know the idol knows.

 

“She got you good, hyung” Seungri says between his laughing fit.

 

“He found his match for sure” Youngbae giggles.

 

“I’m not his match” I quickly object. “I am in a higher pedestal than he’ll ever be”

 

“I can climb up to your pedestal” the idol replies, smartly inserting some of the words his said last night.

 

“I have my guards” I retort.

 

“I know kung fu” He says.

 

“I have a bazooka”

 

“I have a pretty good shield”

 

“Not good enough for a bazooka”

 

“It’s good enough even for a nuclear bomb. Come and try me” He says while his eyes drilling into me. My heartbeat quickens. How the can he control my insides just by his words?!

 

“Should we leave you two here alone?” Seungri chimes in mockingly.

 

“Don’t” I turn to Seungri. “If you leave your hyung with me, in a matter of minute, he’d be dead”

 

“What are you planning to do to me? Spanking? Gagging? Some S&M stuff?” The idol says teasingly with his heart-stopping wicked smile. Where did the anxious little boy gone to?? Why is the jackass here again??

 

“You are disgusting” Is all I can say. I can never find a good comeback whenever he teases me like this. Damn it!

 

He chuckles, “Your face is red. I think you like what I said”

 

“Are you insane?! S&M?! Spanking?!” I raise my voice, annoyed by the turning of the table. I thought I have the upper hand now that he confessed his feelings for me. So, what the hell is this?!

 

“Alright then. No spanking. I don’t mind a good old vanilla” He his lips suggestively. His eyes flicker as he says so.

 

“EW!!!” Mika and I both yell in disgusts while the boys laugh loudly at us.

 

“Don’t mess with me, Hyuri” The idol warns me devilishly. “You may know my cards but I play my poker very well”

 

“You’re making me think that you want me to answer negatively to the proposition that you offered last night” I reply, making the other confused with my words.

 

“I want you to answer positively, of course. But don’t expect me to lower myself” He replies, ignoring the confused look from everyone.

 

“Ego, huh?” I sneer.

 

“Ego” He replies simply.

 

Everyone is silent, watching the intense banter and the staring contest between the idol and I when Seunghyun walks in the room.

 

“Your phone has been buzzing non-stop” Seunghyun places my phone in front of me as he makes his way to Mika’s side, nuzzling his face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter