Call

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello” I pick up with Mika eyeing me from the side.

 

“You didn’t call” The idol’s sour tone rings from the other end, “You promised you’d call”

 

~~~

 

“Idol?” I ask though I am 100% certain that it is he.

 

“I’m mad at you” He sulks.

 

“Because I didn’t call you?”

 

“Yes” He answers. I could picture him pouting.

 

“Why?”

 

“You promised me you’d call! I waited for hours and where is the call, huh? Huh? None!” He complains.

 

“I thought you’re busy”

 

“Pfft. ‘I thought you’re busy’” He mimics me. “Just admit that you were hanging out with Junsu so you forgot to call me”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Know what?” He asks back.

 

“I was with Junsu”

 

“YOU WHAT?!!!” He roars so loud that I drop my phone in surprise. Even Mika cringes. “WHAT THE DID YOU DO WITH HIM?! WHY ARE YOU HANGING OUT WITH HIM?! I THOUGHT YOU ING HATE HIM?! WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME EARLIER AND TELL ME ALL THIS ING THING?!”

 

“YA! I’m going to hit your head so hard next time I see you!! Who told you to scream at me huh?! Huh?! Didn’t I tell you that no one is allowed to shout at me?!!”

 

“I CAN SHOUT IF I WANT TO SHOUT AND NOW I WANT TO SHOUT!! AAAAAAAAH!! THERE! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?! COME HERE AND SMACK ME??!”

 

“YES!! I’M GONNA TAKE MY JET AND FLY TO LA TO POUND YOUR HEAD TILL YOU’RE UNCONCIOUS!!” I shout back.

 

“Really?” The idol’s voice brightens up and filled with hope.

 

“No. Not really. Pabo.” I want to laugh but I suppress it. He’s too stupid sometimes.

 

“YA! Who are you calling pabo?! I’m still mad at you!” He says, still whining.

 

“He was just driving me home” I reason.

 

“Driving you—oh my… … oh … uh…” He grunts every few second.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m looking for something I can punch” He answers through his ragged breath.

 

I laugh, “Are you serious?! What for??”

 

“I don’t know. I just want to punch something, okay?!” He reprimands me.

 

I didn’t say anything else for I am listening intently to whatever is going on around him. I can hear people’s voices passing by him and sounds of moving objects around him. Some voices greet him but he ignores them. His breathing is still ragged.

 

Suddenly I hear a strong thud followed by a loud cry from a male.

 

“OUCHHHHHH!!!!! HYUUUUNGGGG!!!!!!” Seungri’s voice is loud from the other end.

 

“Now I feel better” The idol sighs.

 

“Did you just punch Seungri?” I chuckle.

 

“Yes” He replies with the sound of Seungri whining in the background. Slowly Seungri’s cry begins to faint and the room is silent again.

 

“Did you just went out of your room to Seungri’s just to punch him?”

 

“Yes” Again, he curtly answers.

 

I laugh loudly while Mika can only frown in confusion as she watches me giddy.

 

“Shut up. I’ll explain to him later that it’s your fault” He says.

 

“How is it my fault?!”

 

“You annoy me by driving home with that douche”

 

“Why would that annoy you?”

 

“Because! What if he hurts you like before?? Huh?? I would worry and I don’t like to be worry!”

 

I chuckle again. Mika said that he likes me. No, she said he loves me. Maybe it’s true. Is that why he is so caring over these things? He loves me? My heart beats faster by the realization. My tummy clenches and dances by the thought. So, my body likes this? This is a good thing?

 

“You don’t have to worry anymore” I say with a smile. “I told him to off”

 

“You whaa-at?!”

 

I giggle, “Just like you said. I stand up for myself and told him to off before I left the car and walk home”

 

“Okay, okay, slow down. That one sentence alone has so much shocking information that I need you to repeat them one by one. You stand up for yourself?”

 

“Yes. I told him what I felt and how he made he feel. I told him that he made my life miserable”

 

“Wow…” He gasps, “And you told him to off?”

 

“I told him to get the out of my face and get the hell out of my life, word by word”

 

He whistles in awe, “That is one good phrase. I may use that for a lyric next time. And… you walk home???”

 

I giggle again, “Yes. I wasn’t scared anymore since someone made me do it before. Plus, it was still bright outside, so it’s fine”

 

“Well well well… Koo Hyu Ri. I’ve taught you well, haven’t I?” he clicks his tongue, sounding arrogant.

 

“Ck. Don’t get your ego up high, idol” I retort.

 

He chuckles, “I knew you’re going to say that. So, anyway… what are you doing?”

 

“Is that why you’re calling me? To ask me what is it that I’m doing?”

 

“Errr… yes… I mean, no…” He stammers.

 

I chuckle, but I see Mika is picking up her things, ready to leave. I put my hand to cover the phone and mouthed to her, asking here where is she going.

 

“I’m leaving. That call is going to be a long one, I can tell” She whispers before she winks and leans in to give me a quick peck on the cheek.

 

I watch her leave my room with her words circulating in my head. Love… Like… Idol… Heart… I didn’t expect this. I never wanted this. Then why do I have it? Is it God’s joke on me? ‘Oh, you know what would be funny? Make the Princess of chaebol to fall in love with a stupid idol’. Yeah, that is probably what God was thinking.

 

“Hyuri-ah… You still t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter