Of awkward feelings and growing tensions

Alone

They arrived back at Seoul. As soon as they walked beyond the terminal gate, they were welcomed by fans halted by security guards and metal barriers.

They loved this feeling, the feeling of never being forgotten.

“Welcome back kids.” Their manager gave them a smile and welcomed them.

“It’s good to be back hyung.” Sunggyu said.

They quickly made their way to their van. As soon as everything was all set, the van started to move.

“So, how was the world tour?” Their manager asked.

“It was fun hyung.” Sungyeol said.

“I never knew we were known around the globe.” Dongwoo added. And that’s where most of the conversation circulated, until Myungsoo asked the last thing they want to know.

“Where’s Sungjong?” Myungsoo asked in a serious tone. The others flinched with the visual’s sudden question.

“Oh, we’re going to pick them up.” The manager said casually.

“Them?” Hoya asked. The manager nodded.

“Yes, them.” The others exchanged stares. “You’ll see them soon enough.”

***

The van stopped in front of a familiar place, Woollim’s dance studio/building.

“Aren’t you coming with me? I’m sure you would want to see Sungjong after 3 months of being away?” Their manager said as he went down. The others took deep breaths and also went out.

They slowly went inside. With every step they made, they felt even more nervous. The sound of loud music became clearer and clearer until they were in front of the practice room door.

Their manager was already inside. Sunggyu took a deep breath and reached for the door knob. As soon as the door opened fully, loud music welcomed them. They entered the studio.

They scanned the room, and found their manager, talking to Sungjong and a very familiar face.

They slowly walked up to their direction. As soon as Sungjong noticed them, his smile slowly faded into a grin, to an expressionless face. Once they were only inches away, Sungjong faced them totally. He gave them a faint smile and a 90 degree bow.

“Welcome back hyungs.” Sungjong said in a low voice. The others gave an awkward smile.

“Hey Sungjong” Dongwoo carefully waved at the maknae. Sungjong gave him a faint smile.

“Why are they here manager hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“Oh, we came to fetch you guys.” The others then diverted their attention to the third person.

“Oh, hello. Welcome back guys.” The person stood up and smiled.

“Hey Yongguk” Hoya moved closer and gave a high five.

“Hey Guk” Dongwoo also moved closer and patted his back.

Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun and Sunggyu nodded at him.

“So, are you guys done here?” Their manager asked Sungjong and Yongguk.

“I guess so.” Sungjong looked at Yongguk and smiled. “Are we done here?”

Yongguk smiled and nodded.

“Let’s go then.” He carried their bags and took Sungjong’s hand, leaving the members feeling a bit confused.

The van was filled with Sungjong and Yongguk’s voice. The two of them talked the whole time.

Are they dating? Sungyeol thought while stealing glances at the two.

I guess he’s angry at us. Sunggyu sighed.

So, I guess they’re dating. Woohyun thought while staring outside the window.

I know Yongguk’s a cool guy, but can I trust him with our maknae? Hoya thought while carefully observing them.

So he’s a bit angry at us. Dongwoo continued to listen to his tunes.

But the most affected person was Myungsoo, who couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Don’t tell me you forgot my promise to you Jongie. Myungsoo sighed.

***

The van stopped in front of Infinite’s building. They all went down the van.

“I’ll be back later okay? I just need to go back to the office for a meeting. There’s food in the table.” With that, the black van left.

“Well come on then.” Yongguk knelt down with one knee. The others are now feeling very confused. Sungjong just giggled and rode in Yongguk’s back.

“Come on hyung!” Yongguk ran inside the building while carrying a happy Sungjong.

For a minute, the others just stood there, still feeling confused.

“Are they.....dating?” Sungyeol asked to no one.

The stares were diverted to Sungyeol.

“I don’t know.” Hoya said in a low voice. “But I thought....” Then the stares were diverted to Myungsoo, who was in the verge of breaking down.

The others finally arrived at their apartment. As soon as they entered, the smell of food filled their noses.

“Hyung didn’t lie when he said there was food on the table.” Dongwoo chuckled. The food was literally filled with food of different kinds.

“Finally!” Sungjong walked in the dining area.

“I’ll prepare the dining needs.” Yongguk went to the kitchen. The others still found it hard to believe, but they had to make sure.

“Let me help you Yongguk.” Hoya volunteered, but the real reason behind was to ask(interrogate) him some questions about what he and Sungjong have.

“So, how was the tour Howon?” Yongguk asked while preparing some plates.

“Oh, it was fun.” Hoya gave him a faint smile. He bit his bottom lip and began his interrogation. “So, are you and Sungjong....” Yongguk chuckled.

“I don’t know.” Hoya gave him a confused expression.

“What do you mean?” Yongguk just smiled.

“Maybe I should tell all of you what happened to Sungjong the past three months that you’ve been away. I’ll tell you before I leave.” With that, Yongguk left the kitchen.

***

Dinner for Sungjong and Yongguk was the usual for them, while for the others, only one word can describe what they’re feeling right now – AWKWARD.

The others wanted to talk to Sungjong, but the maknae never made eye contact with them, and he made sure that he and Yongguk are still talking.

Hoya decided to break the tension filling the room.

“So, Jongie, how have you been?” Sungjong faced Hoya with a smile plastered on his milky white face.

“I’ve been okay Hoya hyung, in fact, I feel great.” Sungjong smiled even more.

This made the other members feel more confused, but Myungsoo found this as an opportunity.

“So, what have you been doing lately?” Sungjong now faced Myungsoo.

“Nothing really.” Sungjong said plainly and diverted his attention back to Yongguk.

“Well, I’m done.” Yongguk stood up and took his plate.

“I’m done too.” Sungjong gave a faint smile and followed Yongguk.

When Sungjong left the room, everyone was at ease.

“Glob that was awkward.” Sungyeol said.

“I know. You guys can see that he’s angry right?” Woohyun stated. The others nodded.

“Don’t worry. Yongguk told me he’ll tell us what happened to Sungjong.” Hoya sighed.

***

Sungjong was enjoying Yongguk’s warmth. He really needed someone he can lean on right now.

“You know Jongie” Sungjong hummed. “You can’t avoid them forever.”

“What do you mean hyung?” Sungjong tried to play innocent.

“Aish, you know what I mean. You have to talk to them sooner or later.” Sungjong faced Yongguk. “It’s been three months Jongie but I know you’re still hurt.” Sungjong sighed.

“I don’t think I’m ready hyung.”

“Talking to them would clarify things, and I know that you’ve been faking that smile of yours.” Yongguk pinched Sungjong’s nose making the younger giggle.

“Aish, I hate it when you’re right hyung.” Both of the smiled. “Could you wait for me to fall asleep before you leave hyung?” Yongguk smiled and nodded.

“Of course.” Sungjong positioned himself on Yongguk’s muscular chest. The rapper started to hum a random lullaby song.

After a few minutes, light snores were heard. Yongguk chuckled.

One sided love hurts, but I have no choice. I know how much you love Myungsoo, and I also know it hurts you to ignore him.

When Sungjong was really asleep, Yongguk gently moved him. He leaned in and kissed Sungjong’s forehead.

“Sleep well Jongie.” With that, Yongguk slowly exited the younger’s room. He gently closed the door and was welcomed by the other members.

Yongguk chuckled.

“I guess you guys are eager to know what happened to him right?” They all nodded. “Well...”

 

 

 

So hey guuys! Here's the update!!!! So I'm sorry for the cliffhanger! Lol, I just love leaving cliffhangers. And I guess now you know who the "THIRD PARTY" is right?(Technically Yongguk is one) Lol, I wanted to make a story where Infinite and BAP are together!!! Lol, please don't be disappointed! Please do leave your comments!!! Saranghae! <3