Love is always confusing

Alone

The boys woke up at around 8 am, because their scheduled recording is around at 9. They were all gathered in the living room, waiting for their manager to arrive.

Sungjong and Sunggyu have been talking non-stop. The latter has been asking so much questions about. This time, they weren’t about his likes and dislikes, they were about his personal life. His old school, his parents, his teenage life, and anything related to him.

Sungjong’s not complaining though. He’s happy that Sunggyu is taking some interest in him, and that the leader wants to know him.

But for the past few conversations, he couldn’t concentrate. He’s been feeling a very cold stare from a certain Kim Myungsoo. Sungjong sighed and realized why the visual was looking at him.

“Uhm, excuse me hyung. I’ll just go get something in my room.” Sungjong smiled at Sunggyu.

Sungjong eyed Myungsoo to follow him. The latter stood up and followed.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo tried to play innocent, but Sungjong already went through him.

“You’ve been staring at me and Sunggyu hyung for a long time now.” Sungjong crossed his arms and tilted his hips a little. Myungsoo froze.

Was I that obvious?

“Well Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong said, feeling a bit impatient with the other’s silence. “Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” Myungsoo froze again.

“I am.” Myungsoo sighed in defeat.

“Why would you be jealous hyung?” Sungjong inched closer to the other.

“Well, you’ve been talking for a while and-.” Sungjong cut him off.

“That’s it? Just because we’re talking? Hyung, can’t you trust me?” Sungjong asked, feeling a bit hurt.

“It’s not that! I just...” No words came for Kim Myungsoo. “I’m sorry.”

“Hyung, you should trust me okay? And trust in Sunggyu hyung too.” Sungjong hugged Myungsoo. “He won’t do anything, I trust him.” Myungsoo sighed.

“I’m sorry” Myungsoo hugged him back. “I’ll trust him.”

“Thank you, now, I’ll go out and leave you here, so you can talk to yourself, like you always do.” Sungjong giggled and started to walk off.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo suddenly realized that was a bit of an insult. “Hey! I do not talk to myself!” Sungjong giggled and closed the door behind him.

Myungsoo sat there, feeling stupid.

Why am I like this? Myungsoo shook his head.

Maybe they’re right. I should trust Sungjong. Instead of sulking and doubting, I should trust them hyungs and think of ways not to hurt him. Myungsoo pumped his fists.

“I told you! You talk to yourself!” Sungjong shouted by the door, laughing. Myungsoo chuckled and ran out.

“Yah!” Myungsoo shouted, chasing the maknae.

***

Infinite arrived at the recording studio as scheduled. Their producer would be a little late because of traffic, so they decided to sing record some random songs before the recording itself.

Woohyun decided to go first. He sang Please Don’t... by K.Will.

The song was a bit sad, though it sort of complimented his voice. The grease ball sang, and the others just enjoyed the song like they were at a private concert.

After Namu, Sungyeol decided to give it a go.

Sungyeol decided to sing I Wish by FTIsland.

The choding doesn’t have many lines, and so does the maknae. Many people don’t really know this but the choding has a very sweet voice.

Sungjong suddenly remembered what Sungyeol said in an interview. He wanted to have each talent of every member. Sungjong wishes that the tall man shouldn’t feel sorry for himself, because he’s very talented. Sungyeol sang the song in his way, a very choding way. He likes making people laugh.

If EXO has a Park Chanyeol as they’re happy virus, Infinite has Lee Sungyeol has their choding virus. Sungjong is happy to have a hyung like Sungyeol, even though he’s always loud and energetic.

After Sungyeol, no one stood up.

“How about you sing Jongie?” Myungsoo asked. The others nodded in agreement.

“Aish, you sing hyungs.” Sungjong said, feeling a bit embarrassed. To give the maknae some encouragement, they chanted his name.

“Sungjong! Sungjong! Sungjong!” The maknae chuckled and finally gave in.

“Okay fine.” The maknae stood up. “Can you play the song for me Hoya hyung?” Hoya nodded. Sungjong pointed the song, and Hoya browsed the playlist.

Sungjong entered the small recording area. He covered his ears with the headphones. When he was finally prepared, he gave the cue.

Let it Out by Fukuhara Miho (Japanese song)

Let it all out, Let it all out
Tsuyogara nakute iin da ne
Dareka ga egaitetta
Kabe no rakugaki no hana ga yureru

The others weren’t familiar with the song, but they still listened to Sungjong.

Jibun rashi sa nante
Daremo wakara nai yo
Nagai nagai michi no tochuu de
Nakuari hirottari
Kyuu ni samishi kunatte
Nai chau hi mo aru kedo

Sungjong smiled. He loves this song. Even though it was Japanese, he still loved this song. This is what he was feeling.

Namida mo itami mo hoshi ni kae you
Aa wo terasu akari wo tomosou
Chiisaku mayotte mo futari de tsukurou
Hoshikuzu wo tsuyoku hikaru eien wo sagasou

He didn’t have to pretend to be okay anymore, because little by little, he was finally moving on.

Let it all out, Let it all out
Tari nai koto darake da yo ne
Tari nakute iin da ne
Dakara kimi to deaetanda

He looked at his hyungs, who were smiling at him. Sungjong felt happy. They finally appreciate him. Even though it took a while, things were finally getting better.

"Tashika" ga nan na no ka
Sore ga shiritakute
Chiisa na NAIFU wo kutsua ni kakueta
Tsuyoga tte tsuita
Uso no hou ga zutto itakatta

The lyrics were really speaking to Sungjong. He realized that it’s okay not to be okay, as long as he has people around him who appreciates him and loves him no matter what. A picture of Yongguk suddenly popped in his mind.

Hontou wa kowai yo dakedo ikiteku
Egao no kimi wo kaze ga nadeteku
Chiisa na te kazae futari de tsukurou
Hoshikuzu wo tsuyoku hikaru eien wo sagasou

Then his eyes met Myungsoo’s. For some reason, he felt guilty. He doesn’t understand why, but that’s what he felt.

Tadashii koto ga machigattetara
Dousureba ii?
Kanashii koto ga tadashikattara
Ukeireru dake?
Nakua to omotteta
Demo kimi ga teta
Kimi ga ite hontou ni yokatta

Sungjong hit the high note with ease, but his mind was still occupied with Myungsoo and Yongguk. Was he feeling confused? The others watched Sungjong sing, but a certain Kim Sunggyu noticed how unfocused he is.

Namida mo itami mo hoshi ni kae you
Aa wo terasu akari wo tomosou
Chiisa na te kazae futari de tsukurou
Hoshikuzu wo tsuyoku hikaru eien wo

Am I really being honest with myself? Sungjong shook his head.

Sayonara itsuka wa kuru kamoshirenai
Kisetsu wa sore demo meguri megutteku
Chiisaku mayotte mo aruiteku
Kimi to aruiteku
Sore dake wa kawara nai de iyou ne

As the song finished, applause filled the room. Sungjong smiled and felt happy, but his happiness slowly faded as he remembered the things that were disturbing him.

“You were great Jongie.” A voice suddenly said.

“Hyung, how long have you been here?” Woohyun asked their producer.

“Long enough, you were all busy watching Sungjong in awe that you didn’t notice me.”

“Sorry hyung.” Dongwoo said. They all gave an apologetic bow.

“Aish, it’s not a big deal. You’re making me feel old.” Their producer handed out the lyrics. “So I guess you practiced your Japanese right?” They nodded. “Let’s get started then.” Their producer held out a bowl with pieces of folded paper in it.

“Ugh, I hate this kind of arrangements.” Sungyeol said, shrugging.

“Come on, just pick a number.” They each took a number.

“So I guess I’m number one.” Woohyun said, feeling excited.

“Well, go on.” Woohyun entered the recording area. The others sat and waited for their turn.

Sunggyu squeezed Sungjong’s hand.

“Hey, is something wrong?” Sungjong felt confused.

How did he know?

“Nothing hyung, it’s really nothing.” Sungjong smiled.

“Well, if you ever need someone to talk too, you can always talk to me.” Sunggyu smiled. Sungjong nodded.

“Thanks hyung.”

Maybe I should try to ask advice from Sunggyu hyung.

 

 

 

So here's the update guys! I'm feeling much better than yesterday! All I needed was some rest! But I'm still recovering, so I'm sorry for the update if it isn't that interesting for you guys! :(

So I heard BaekYeol is back again! Yey! :)

So please leave your comments if you like! :) Saranghae

Song for the day is Let It out by Miho Fukuhara. That's an OST in Full Metal Alchemist. Yeah, I watch Anime too!! Thank you! :)