Showing you what I've learned

Alone

Morning came, and most of the members were already awake. They have the luxury to enjoy a free week after their successful world tour.

Everything was pretty much the same now, Woohyun would cook for them and Dongwoo would help him, and the others would watch some shows.

“Is Sungjong awake yet?” Woohyun asked from the kitchen. Myungsoo flinched upon hearing the maknae’s name.

“I think he’s still asleep.” Sungyeol answered back. Suddenly, the door bell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Hoya stood up and walked to the front door. “Oh, hey guys. What’s up?”

Yongguk, Zelo, and Daehyun stood in front of Hoya.

“Oh, hey Hoya hyung! We came to pick up Sungjong.” Zelo merrily said.

“Oh, I think he’s still asleep.” Hoya said.

“But Sungjong texted us this morning.” Daehyun pouted.

Sungjong’s door suddenly creaked open.

“Oh, hey guys!” Sungjong waved at the people outside. “Please, come in. I’ll just shower.” Hoya moved aside as the three entered. “Just wait in my room!” Sungjong shouted before entering the bathroom.

The three gave a polite bow to the others.

“Hey hyungs!” Zelo shouted.

“Hello hyungs!” Daehyun smiled.

“Hey.” Yongguk plainly said.

“Oh, hey. Why are you guys here so early?” Woohyun asked.

“Oh, we’re going to accompany Sungjong today.” Zelo smiled as he spoke.

“Where?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

“To your office of course.” Daehyun said.

“Why?” Hoya asked in a suspicious tone.

“Sungjong has been going there for vocal practice and dance practice. You should come to so you can see how much his singing and dancing skills have improved.” Yongguk smiled at the others, but it wasn’t a friendly one. It was more of a challenging smile.

“Then I’ll go get changed then.” Myungsoo stood up and went to his room.

“I guess I’ll be going too.” Sunggyu followed the visual.

“Wait! Me too!” Sungyeol rushed to his room.

“I’ll just finish eating.” Dongwoo said before eating again.

“Then I guess I’ll be going too.” Woohyun smiled at the three. Then, their attention went to Hoya.

“Oh, I’m coming too.” Hoya went to his room to get changed.

Yongguk smiled victoriously.

I guess it’s time you show them how much you’ve changed Jongie.

***

They walked to the building. Because of their new apartment, the office was only a walking distance for Infinite.

“Tell me again how everyone decided to go with us.” Sungjong whispered to Zelo.

“Oh, it was Yongguk’s idea.” Yongguk flinched as Sungjong gave him a death glare.

“It was your idea?” Yongguk nodded. “Why?”

“I just want to show them how much you’ve improved Jongie.” Sungjong sighed in defeat. Yongguk wrapped his arm around Sungjong’s shoulder. “Hey, I know you’ll be great.” Sungjong smiled.

Myungsoo eyed the two and the arm around Sungjong was very uncomfortable for him.

They arrived at Woollim entertainment. When they were about to enter the building, their CEO was about to exit.

“Oh hey kids.” They all gave a polite bow. “Congratulations on your successful tour.” Infinite smiled. “But, may I ask why you’re here today? I understand why they are here.” Jung Yeop pointed at Sungjong and the other three. “But isn’t today your free day?”

“We just wanted to accompany Sungjong Sir. We missed him.” Myungsoo said.

“Oh, well okay then. Great job everyone, and keep up the good work Sungjong.” With that, their CEO entered his car and left.

“You’ve been going here every day?” Hoya asked Sungjong. The maknae nodded.

“I had a lot of free time hyung.” Sungjong smiled and entered the building with the other three.

They arrived at Woollim’s recording studio.

“Oh hey Sungjong.” The producer stood up. When he saw the other members of Infinite, he smiled at them. “Oh hey guys. Congratulations on your world tour.” The members bowed. “But, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, erhm.....we wanted to bond with Sungjong.” Woohyun said.

“Oh, well okay then. Yongguk, you operate here okay? I need to go.” Yongguk nodded. As the producer exited the door, Yongguk sat down at the big chair. Zelo and Daehyun sat next to the rapper. Sungjong entered the recording area. The other members sat at the couch.

“Let’s see how much he improved then.” Sunggyu said flatly. All eyes were now on Sungjong.

The music started, and the members of Infinite were surprised that the song was not in Korean, but English.

Behind these Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson

Seems like just yesterday, you were a part of me
I used to stand to tall, I used to be so strong
your arms around me tight, everything felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothing could go wrong

Sungjong knew this song was a bad choice, because it might show his weak side, but this was a song that explained what he was feeling right now.

Now I can’t breathe, No I can’t sleep
I’m barely hanging on

Here I am, once again, I’m torn into pieces
Can’t deny it, can’t pretend, Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside, but you won’t get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo’s direction, hurt plastered on his face. The song went straight to the bridge part.

Swallow me the spit me out
For hating you I blame myself
Seeing you it kills me now
No I don’t cry on the outside anymore

Sungjong hit the high note without breaking a sweat.

The other members were surprised with how much Sungjong has improved in singing, and his English skills as well.

Yongguk didn’t look at the others, but he knew how surprised they are. He couldn’t help but smile.

“Hyung has really improved.” Zelo smiled at his own statement. Daehyun nodded.

Here I am, once again, I’m torn into pieces
Can’t deny it, can’t pretend, Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep insides, but you won’t get to see the tears I cry
Behind these Hazel eyes

When the song was coming to an end, Sungjong and Myungsoo just stared at each other. Myungsoo wanted to look away. He didn’t want to see Sungjong like this, hurt. But the fact that Sungjong sang this means that he is strong enough to handle it.

When the song finished, sounds of hands clapping filled the room. Sungjong smiled at the other’s reaction. He then signalled Yongguk for another song, and this time, it was in Japanese. As soon as the song started, most of them recognized it immediately.

All My Love is for you by Girls’ Generation

Atarashī machi de notta densha no mado utsutta
Fuan sona me o a watashi wa


 Anata ga oshiete kureta
Jibunrashisa wasurenaide
Ima mo kagayaite iru ka na

Sungjong glanced at Yongguk’s direction, making the other blush.

“Awww hyung, Sungjong hyung is singing for you.” Daehyun and Zelo cooed. Myungsoo just sighed.

 Nagare teku keshiki futo shinkokyue
 Miageta sora no hate anata no koe ga a

Sungjong’s fluency in Japanese amazed the other members.

“He learned that in just three months? Wow.” Woohyun said to himself. Sunggyu just watched Sungjong, feeling a bit amused and irritated at the same time.

 Tokuhanarete ite mo me o tojireba
Hora kokoro wa soba ni iru
 All my love is for you
Nothing left to lose
Dare yori mo ai no imi o chikara o shi~tsu terukara

The song was also cute to the bridge part. Sungjong just kept smiling the whole time. He glanced at the other members with his peripheral vision. He felt happy, knowing that the others realized how much he has improved.


All my love is for you…
Eyy yeah Eyy yeah Eyy yeah
 Donna mirai mo konote de hiraku no

 Toku harukana michi mo
Anata ga zutto terae kurerukara
Aruki daseru osorezu ni
Dare yori mo ai no imi o chikara o shi~tsu terukara….

As soon as the song finished, they all clapped at Sungjong.

The maknae smiled and slowly went out of the recording area.

“So, how was I?” Sungjong asked.

“You were perfect, as usual.” Yongguk stood up and took Sungjong’s hand, making him giggle.

Myungsoo’s jealousy meter was already full, but he had to be the better man here. He stood up and walked up to Sungjong.

“So Jongie, how long have you been practicing your Japanese?” Myungsoo asked and gave a very warm smile to the maknae.

“Oh, uhhh” Sungjong blushed.

Why did he have to smile?!?

“He practiced for one month.” Yongguk said as he dragged Sungjong to the others. Myungsoo chuckled.

My Jongie is so cute. Myungsoo smiled. Even though Sungjong was ignoring him, he knew that Sungjong still loves him.

Just don’t assume too much. Myungsoo took a deep breath.

“So, how about we get dancing now hyung?” Zelo tugged at Sungjong’s sleeve.

“Okay then.” The four of them made their way to the door. Sungjong faced the other members. “Are you coming with us?” Sungjong asked in a low voice, almost in a whisper. The others quickly nodded.

As they walked to the dance studio, the other Infinite members were drowned in their thoughts.

I guess Sungjong really improved himself. Dongwoo smiled at his thought.

I knew Sungjong was special. Hoya glanced at the maknae.

Sungjong can even replace me. Woohyun thought.

I know Sungjong’s good, but I never thought he was that good. Sungyeol chuckled.

Why can’t I just apologize? Why do I feel irritated with this? Sunggyu sighed.

I miss you and I promise to get you back. I just have to be patient. Myungsoo felt determined.

As soon as they arrived at the dance studio, Sungjong quickly ran to the center.

“Come on Yongguk hyung, plug in your mp3.” Sungjong giggled. He felt excited.

The first song was Tell me Tell me by Rainbow. Most of them chuckled. They kind of knew this already.

Sungjong started to dance. His hips slowly swayed. His every move was filled with grace and passion. The others just stared in awe. Sungjong loved dancing these kinds of songs, but something about the way he danced changed.

After the first song, the next song immediately played. When they realized what the song was, Sungjong stopped.

“Uhm, do you want to dance with me Yongguk hyung?” Yongguk flinched. How can he dance with Sungjong when he can’t even concentrate? Yongguk found the others dancing very distracting, in a y way.

“I’ll dance with you hyung!” Zelo volunteered. Yongguk suddenly regretted not taking the chance.

The song was Oops! By G.Na ft. Ilhoon.

Sungjong knelt down. The other members of Infinite were surprised. Sungjong’s iness was in a whole new level.

As soon as the song finished, Sungjong still didn’t stop. The next song was One Shot by BAP. Sungjong giggled.

“Do you three want to accompany me here? This is your song.” The three BAP members nodded.

With the fast choreography, the others were surprised with how much Sungjong blended in so much with BAP.

I hope you take me seriously from now on, especially Sunggyu hyung. Sungjong smirked and contiued dancing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! I just realized it now that this was a bit long. So basically, Sungjong has shown what he was made off, but that's not all! So please look forward to the next chapter okay? I love you guys!!!! 

PS Don't forget to comments!