Of fights and promises

Alone

Myungsoo rushed to the dining area. Sunggyu stood up.

“What’s your problem?” Myungsoo didn’t bother to answer back and punched Sunggyu on the cheek. Sunggyu growled and punched Myungsoo on the cheek as well. Myungsoo took Sunggyu by the shirt.

“Yah! Stop it!” Dongwoo took Myungsoo.

“What is wrong with you two?” Hoya held onto Sunggyu. Myungsoo struggled to break free.

“Let me go!” Myungsoo harshly squirmed. He managed to break free and as soon as he did, he ran to Sunggyu and pushed him, causing Hoya to fall on his back. Dongwoo quickly grabbed him again.

“ENOUGH!” The attention was now on the person shouting. Sungjong walked up to them. “Stop, what you’re doing is stupid and very immature.” Myungsoo stood up.

“But he made you cry!” Myungsoo harshly pointed at their leader.

“But that doesn’t give you the right to punch him hyung! He’s still our leader!” Sungjong shouted. Sunggyu flinched at the word ‘Leader’.

“But-.” Sungjong’s attention was diverted to Hoya now.

“Oh my god hyung, you’re bleeding!” All eyes were on Hoya. Then they all noticed the broken glass on the floor. “The glass must’ve broken when it fell, and it got to you. Let’s go to the hospital hyung.”

“Jongie-ah, I’m okay-.” Sungjong dragged Hoya.

“No hyung! Dongwoo hyung, please drive us there.” Dongwoo nodded and took his car keys. “Can you help me carry him Sungyeol hyung?” Sungyeol nodded and carried Hoya on the other side. “Can you keep an eye on them Woohyun hyung?” Woohyun nodded and eyed the two Kim’s. 

“Don’t worry Jongie, I promise to look after the two.” Woohyun glared at the two. Before exiting the dining area, Sungjong stopped by Myungsoo.

“We’ll talk later okay? I can’t talk to you if you have a hot head.” Sungjong said in a low, cold voice. Myungsoo just nodded. “We’ll be right back Woohyun hyung.” With that, they disappeared.

“Now, let us settle this like grown men. Sheesh, Sungjong maybe the youngest, but he’s more mature than the both of you. Follow me.” The two grunted and followed Woohyun to the living room. “Sit.” Myungsoo and Sunggyu sat on the couch with a very big gap between them.

“Hyung, I don’t want to talk to him.” Myungsoo looked away.

“Me too Namu, just let us go.” Sunggyu also looked away. Woohyun sighed.

“Stop being immature, sheesh!” The two of them flinched at the sudden outburst of the grease ball. “Now, Myungsoo, what is it that you want to say to that hamster over there?”

“Well, I wish that he’d stop picking on Sungjong.” Myungsoo glared at Sunggyu.

“I’m not doing anything!” Sunggyu said defensively.

“Are you clueless or something?” Myungsoo shouted back.

“I just want him to improve more! That’s what’s best for the group!” Sunggyu stood up.

“That’s just selfish! Why can’t you just accept the fact that Sungjong is better than you?” Myungsoo spat and rushed to Sungjong’s room. Sunggyu sighed.

“You know Gyu, Myungsoo’s right.” Sunggyu looked up to Woohyun. “I know your talented and all, but at least give Sungjong some credit. He has improved a lot.” Woohyun awkwardly smiled and went to his small room.

Sunggyu sat there, not really knowing what to do. Everything that they said was true.

“But that doesn’t give you the right to punch him hyung! He’s still our leader!” Sungjong’s words kept playing again and again.

How can he even say that after I hurt him? Sunggyu shook his head and sighed.

***

Hoya sat at the hospital bed. The nurse was cleaning his wounds. Hoya looked at the others.

Dongwoo was singing a random song. Hoya chuckled.

Sungyeol was playing with his face, and from the looks of it, he’s playing a car racing game, because with every move, he also reacts.

And then came Sungjong. The maknae was sleeping on Dongwoo’s shoulder. He smiled. Sungjong was a very honest and persistent person.

Too bad things didn’t work out for us.

FLASHBACK

Hoya entered Sungjong’s room.

“Oh hey hyung, did you miss me that much?” Sungjong giggled. Hoya shook his head.

“I’m breaking up with you.” Hoya said in a low voice. Sungjong laughed forcefully.

“Aish hyung, stop joking.” Sungjong went back to what he was doing.

“I’m not joking.” Hoya said in a lower voice. Sungjong’s smile slowly faded.

“Are you in love with someone else?” Sungjong asked, without facing Hoya.

“No. It’s just that I know things aren’t working out for us. Even though we’re in the same group, we rarely see each other because of Infinite H’s schedule.” Sungjong faced the floor. “And seeing you being happy with Myungsoo makes me jealous, but then I realized that he’s the one who could really give you true happiness.”

Hoya walked up to Sungjong and slithered his muscular arms around the maknae.

“I’m sorry.” Sungjong said.

“Don’t. You have nothing to be sorry for. I’m the one who needs to apologize. I just want what’s best for you.” Sungjong finally faced him.

“I know hyung.” Sungjong smiled.

“I know it’s asking too much, but I wish we could be the best friends again like before.” Hoya bit his bottom lip.

“Of course hyung, I promise things won’t get awkward.” Sungjong smiled and wiped the tears off his face.

And from that day on, Sungjong kept his promise, up until now.

End of flashback.

Letting him go was the right decision. Thanks for keeping your promise Jongie. Hoya smiled.

“Okay, you’re good to go Mr. Lee.” The nurse smiled.

“Thank you.” Hoya smiled back.

“Here’s the medicine you would need. The cashier is that way.” The nurse pointed and left. Hoya stood up and walked up to the three.

“Come on guys, I’ll just pay.” Hoya said.

“How about Sungjong? He looks like he’s enjoying his nap.” Sungyeol pouted.

“How about you carry him Dongwoo?” Hoya suggested. Dongwoo nodded and gently placed Sungjong on his back.

They walked to the cashier. Hoya quickly paid and they quickly went back to the car to avoid issues.

Dongwoo carefully placed Sungjong inside. Hoya sat beside the maknae. Sungyeol sat in front.

“Is your hand doing okay Hoya?” Dongwoo asked. Hoya nodded and smiled.

Hoya positioned Sungjong’s head on his shoulder.

I’ll protect you Jongie, that I promise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the short update. I'm sorry if it's short. I was just busy with something and I just finished making it right now. So if the fight wasn't what you expected, well I'm really sorry! *bows* It's just that I don't know how to make a very angsty, rough fight scene! I'm still learning so much!

About the update, so Myungsoo and Sunggyu fought, but it was a good thing Sungjong stopped them in time. And yes, Hoya and Sungjong used to date, but they broke up. So now, Hoya is being a brother to Sungjong!

Leave your comments okay? They mean so much to me! <3 I love you guys!