I will show you

Alone

“Well, I guess you could say that what happened to him was a bit tragic.” The others kind of expected this.

“What happened?” Dongwoo asked. Yongguk sighed.

“Actually, I found Sungjong a month after you guys left for the world tour without him. It was raining that day. He was walking all alone in the streets. I walked up to him to say hi, but when I finally saw him clearly, he was paler than usual.”

Myungsoo felt a pang in his chest.

“He was so sick that day, but he told me he was fine, but he ended up fainting. I quickly brought him to the hospital and we found out that his blood was too low.”

Sungyeol looked away.

“He was unconscious for a whole day. I was about to leave him but your manager came. He told me Sungjong wasn’t eating or sleeping properly, which caused his blood to decrease.”

Woohyun faced the floor.

“I asked him why and well, he told me that Sungjong wasn’t able to join you guys in Infinite’s world tour, and realized why he was sad.”

Hoya sighed.

“Do you still want me to continue?” As tragic as it seems, they still wanted to hear what happened to their maknae.

“It’s best if we know.” Sunggyu said in a low voice. Yongguk nodded and continued.

“Okay, so when Sungjong finally woke up, I was there. He looked so weak and vulnerable. He told me that he wants to give up. I didn’t understand at first, but then I realized that something might have happened between you guys. His was silent at first, but as days passed by, he opened up to me, and well....” Yongguk bit his bottom lip.

“He told you what I did?” Sunggyu asked. Yongguk just nodded.

“So going back, from the hospital up to the time he was discharged, we were there.”

“We?” Hoya suddenly asked.

“Yes, me and the other members.” The other’s hummed and nodded. “We supported him with our free time. We encouraged him to live because he’s a very special person, and I wish that you would also realize how special and important he is.”

“We do know how special he is.” Myungsoo said, almost in an irritated tone.

“I don’t think you do.” Yongguk spat back. Myungsoo suddenly stood up and jumped on Yongguk.

“What makes you think you know so much things about him more than us?” Myungsoo asked as he punched Yongguk. Hoya and Sungyeol pulled him away from the other. Yongguk stood up and chuckled.

“I think I know things more than you. I was here when he was experiencing his darkest moment in his life. Do you know how angelic his singing voice is, the one that you sometimes mock because it’s too feminine? Do you know how graceful he moves? Do you know how strong he is to live alone during his trainee days? Do you know how much pain he has endured just be part of Infinite? No, I don’t think you know him.” Yongguk took his bag.

“Look, if you guys hurt Sungjong again, that’s when I’ll step in.” With that, Yongguk left.

“Why did you even do that Kim Myungsoo?!?” Sungyeol shouted at the visual next to him. Myungsoo faced him.

“You know how much I love Sungjong hyung, you know what he means to me.” Myungsoo stormed in his shared room with Sunggyu and Sungyeol. The others just sighed.

“Let’s just talk to him tomorrow.” Woohyun said plainly. “I just hope some of us would be open minded enough to apologize to him.” Woohyun eyed Sunggyu and went to his solo room.

***

“You know we’ll be back soon right?” Myungsoo caressed the maknae’s cheek. Sungjong sniffled and nodded.

“Why can’t I come?” Sungjong closed his eyes.

“You know how much I want you to come, but Sunggyu hyung does have a point.” Tears started to flow down Sungjong’s cheeks.

“I promise I’ll do my best here.” Sungjong turned around and started to walk away. When he was about to enter his room, a pair of arms slithered around his petite waist.

“Promise me you’ll wait for me okay?” Myungsoo said in a whisper. Sungjong slowly nodded.

“I’ll do my best hyung.” With that, Sungjong entered his room.

Myungsoo suddenly sat up. His dream was not terrifying, but it was heartbreaking. That was the day the others left Sungjong.

I wish this was all a bad dream, that you weren’t ignoring me, that you weren’t angry with us. I regret leaving that day. I wish I stayed with you.

Myungsoo scanned his surroundings. Sunggyu and Sungyeol were already sleeping. He checked the wall clock in the room.

1:35 am. Myungsoo sighed. He knew he won’t be getting any sleep, especially when he’s back home. He stood up and quietly walked out of the room.

He noticed the dim light in the kitchen. He quietly walked to the light’s direction and found the person he missed the most. He quickly walked to the other’s direction and gave him a back hug. Myungsoo felt the other freeze on the spot.

“Sungjong-ah” Sungjong didn’t answer. “I missed you.” Myungsoo felt the younger flinch. Sungjong didn’t respond. “Sungjong-ah” Still, no response. “Jongie.” Myungsoo whispered in a low, husky tone. Sungjong has been holding back for a long time now, but he had to control himself, if he wants his hyungs to learn their lessons.

Sungjong broke the hug and faced Myungsoo with a straight face.

“I missed you hyungs too.” Giving emphasis on the plural form of the word ‘hyung’. With that, Sungjong gave a polite bow and went back to his room, leaving the visual feeling hurt.

Sungjong closed the door and locked it. He hated what he did. He hated ignoring them, especially Myungsoo. He slowly walked to his bed and threw himself.

It’s been three months, but everything is still so fresh.

FLASHBACK (3 months ago)

Infinite members we gathered at the office for a meeting. Their CEO entered and they all gave a polite bow.

“Hello kids.” Their CEO casually said. “So, I called you all here to discuss your upcoming world tour.” Gasps and whispers filled the room.

“Finally!” Sungyeol shouted.

“I think all of you are ready for it.” Their CEO smiled proudly. But one member begged to disagree.

“I think not all of us.” Sunggyu stated. Jung Yeop cocked an eyebrow.

“What do you mean Sunggyu?”

“I think Sungjong isn’t fit to go global yet.” Sunggyu said in a cold voice. Sungjong flinched. He was about to answer back but Myungsoo beat him to it.

“What do you mean he’s not ready? ALL of us are ready hyung.” Myungsoo said in an irritated tone.

“I think not. Just the other day, Sungjong sprained his right foot. What if he causes delay?” Sungjong was about to answer but Hoya beat him to it.

“I think that’s not a big problem Gyu.” Hoya said coolly.

“I think he needs more vocal training.” Sunggyu eyed Sungjong.

“I think all of do, but we still need him.” Dongwoo smiled at Sungjong.

“He still lacks the stamina to go through this.” Sunggyu wasn’t planning on giving up just yet.

“I fainted the other day, but you don’t see me complaining.” Woohyun said. He knew what Gyu was planning.

“Well then, let me ask you Sungjong, do you think you’re ready?” Sunggyu eyed Sungjong, almost melting him. Sungjong wanted to say ‘yes’, ‘I’m ready’ and ‘Of course’ but none of his wanted words were materialized.

“Sungjong, are you ready?” Jung Yeop asked.

“I....” Sungjong didn’t know what to answer. After Sunggyu’s words, his confidence level dropped. “I don’t think I am.” Sungjong faced the floor in defeat while Sunggyu smiled victoriously.

“What?” Myungsoo stood up. “What do you mean you’re not? You are! Don’t listen to him!” Myungsoo harshly pointed at Sunggyu.

“I’m just giving out my opinion.” Sunggyu plainly said.

“Why is it that you don’t want Sungjong to come with us so badly hyung?” Sungyeol asked in a very furious tone.

“Sungjong is ready, and he is coming with us, whether you like it or not.” Woohyun gave Sunggyu a cold glare. Sunggyu stood up.

“I’m just saying what’s best for the group.”

“No you’re not, you’re selfish.” Sungyeol also stood up.

“Enough!” Jung Yeop slammed the table. “Both of you sit down.” Sungyeol and Sunggyu sat back down. “The decision is still with Sungjong.” All eyes diverted their attention to the youngest. “So Sungjong, are you ready or not?”

Sungjong felt pale. His breathing became heavy. Sunggyu’s words pierced through him like bullets.

“I’ll stay.” Sungjong stood up and walked out of the conference room. Jung Yeop sighed.

“I guess there’s nothing I can do. It was his decision, but if you can talk him out of it, then please do try okay? Dismissed.” With that, their CEO stood up and left.

As soon as the door closed, the other members glared at Sunggyu.

“What?” Sunggyu asked.

“You disgust me.” Woohyun stood up and left.

“You’re just...*sigh* you’re inhumane.” Hoya shook his head and also left.

“You’re just selfish hyung.” Sungyeol stood up and left.

“Heartless” Dongwoo sighed and also left. Now, only Myungsoo and Sunggyu were left.

“Why do you hate him so much hyung?” Myungsoo asked, almost in a begging tone. “Why do you always want him out of the picture?” Sunggyu just remained silent. Myungsoo just sighed and left the room. Before he walked beyond the door, he faced Sunggyu.

“I don’t know what’s your problem hyung, but you should set aside your own feelings for the whole group.”

Sunggyu sighed.

Even I’m confused with what I’m doing. Sunggyu thought.

End of flashback

It’s been three months. Three months.

Sungjong was hurt, that he can’t deny, but because of what happened, he learned to be strong.

I will show you hyungs. I’m a new person now, and I’ll show you just how I can change for the better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! Sorry it took so long! Many are asking what happened to the maknae, and well, here it is! But I'll add more details in the upcoming chapters!!! So please leave your comments!!! Saranghae!