Of sighs, and white lies

Alone

Myungsoo has been sighing for the nth time now. He couldn’t get much sleep last night, especially with all the drama that happened.

“Hey Myung, is there anything wrong? You’ve been sighing for a while now, and it’s kind of ruining the show I’m watching.” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo sighed again. Sungyeol sighed back and turned off the TV. “What’s wrong?”

Myungsoo just shook his head.

“Dammit Kim Myungsoo! Tell me what’s wrong, you wouldn’t be sighing if nothing’s wrong. Sheesh.” Myungsoo was taken aback. “Now, tell hyung your problem so that I can help you.” Myungsoo sighed in defeat.

“Sungjong” Was the first word Myungsoo said. Sungyeol nodded.

“Ah” Sungyeol nodded again. “Lover’s quarrel?” Myungsoo nodded.

“Yes, he got- Wait, how did you know were a couple?” Sungyeol had a smug plastered on his face.

“Aish, I’m not stupid Myungsoo. Actually, all of us are not stupid. We all know your ‘obsession’ when it comes to Sungjong.” Myungsoo cocked an eyebrow.

“What do you mean obsession?” Myungsoo had a straight face on. Sungyeol chuckled.

“Aish, not in a bad way, but in a good sort of stalker way. You just loved taking pictures of him and-.” Myungsoo placed his hand on Sungyeol’s mouth. The embarrassment was killing him.

“Okay okay, stop. I’ve heard enough. Do you still want to listen to my problem?” Sungyeol nodded. “Okay.” Myungsoo pulled away his hand. “Well, me and Sungjong sort of fought.” Sungyeol cocked an eyebrow. “Okay okay, we fought.” Sungyeol smiled.

“If you want me to help, you need to be honest with me okay?” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo nodded.

“Okay, so it was about Yongguk hyung.”

“Oh, I get it. Bottom line, you’re jealous right?” Myungsoo nodded. He looked at Sungyeol with a bit of amazement.

“How did you know hyung? Are you stalking me?” Sungyeol scoffed.

“Please, I wouldn’t stalk you, of all people. I’d rather stalk Woollimy than you.” Myungsoo sighed. “Okay, going back. So you’re jealous with Yongguk right? Well, I guess we all are.” Sungyeol sighed. Myungsoo felt a bit confused.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol just smiled.

“I mean, besides you getting jealous of Yongguk because he’s your lover, we all miss him. Sungjong has been very distant with us, all of us.” Myungsoo nodded. “I kind of expected him to be distant with Sunggyu though, because of what he did, but I never expected him to be also distant with us. I mean, we didn’t do anything wrong right? It was only Sunggyu, but I guess all of us are at fault for underestimating him most of the time.” Sungyeol sighed.

“Don’t worry hyung, I guess he just needs time.” Sungyeol sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, I guess so. We were away for three months.” Sungyeol sighed again. “Oh, and about your jealousy problem, that’s only natural because you two are together, but keep your jealousy in check always okay?” Myungsoo smiled and nodded at the older. “I better get back to my drama again.” Myungsoo chuckled.

“Thanks hyung.” Myungsoo stood up and went to his room. Myungsoo sat on his bed.

I guess you’ve been lonely Jongie, and I’m sorry for leaving you. Myungsoo closed his eyes and started to sleep again.

***

Sungjong has been dancing for the past few hours. He kept on dancing, but he wasn’t really feeling it. After a few more songs, he finally gave up. He fell on the floor, breathing heavily, and sweat dripping on the floor.

Himchan walked up to him and handed a clean shirt.

“Here, you’ll get sick of you don’t get changed.” Himchan smiled at him. Sungjong sat up and took the shirt.

“Thanks hyung.” Sungjong smiled at the visual. Sungjong sat up. “Okay, now both of you turn around so that I can change. I’m too lazy to go to the changing room.”

“Okay hyung.” Zelo said as he closed his eyes, giggling. Sungjong gave Himchan a cute death glare.

“Arasseo arasseo.” Himchan slowly back faced Sungjong and closed his eyes.

“And don’t try to peek, I know when you’re peeking.” Sungjong said in between of changing. “Okay, all better.” Himchan and Zelo faced Sungjong. He walked up to the two.

“You were great Sungjong, as usual.” Himchan smiled. Sungjong cocked an eyebrow.

“Aish, stop flirting with him hyung!” Zelo pushed Himchan. “Just because Yongguk hyung isn’t-.” Himchan covered Zelo’s mouth using his hand. Sungjong eyed the two in confusion. Sungjong just chuckled.

“So, where is Yongguk?” Sungjong asked in a serious yet cute tone.

“He’s back at the dorm. He wasn’t feeling well.” Himchan said. Sungjong shook his head.

“I’m not buying it. Where is he?” Himchan sighed.

“He’s at home, honest.” Himchan crossed his heart.

“He’s telling the truth hyung. Yongguk hyung is at home.” Zelo innocently smiled while playing with his phone.

“Then why isn’t he here?” Sungjong asked.

“Because he feels a bit down.” Zelo said honestly. Himchan sighed at Zelo’s honesty.

“Is this true?” Himchan nodded.

“Well, I’m not really getting in between you guys, but I guess something happened right?” Sungjong nodded. “And well, he was really feeling down since this morning. So he asked us to accompany you today.”

“I want to see him.” Sungjong demanded.

“I think that won’t be a good idea.” Himchan bit his bottom lip.

“Why?”

“Yongguk couldn’t think straight when he’s sad. And seeing him now might complicate things. He might say unnecessary words.” Sungjong sighed.

“Oh, okay then. And because Yongguk sent you two, you do know what comes after this right?” Himchan nodded.

“FOOD!” Zelo shouted. Sungjong and Himchan chuckled at the younger’s cuteness.

As they made their way out of the door, Sungjong felt a bit guilty.

I hope he’s not angry with me.

***

After eating, Himchan and Zelo accompanied Sungjong back to the latter’s apartment.

“Thanks for accompanying me you guys.” Sungjong hugged Zelo and Himchan at the same time.

“No worries Sungjong.” Himchan smiled casually.

“You’re very welcome hyung!” Zelo jumped. With that, the two left.

Sungjong entered their apartment.

“Welcome back Jongie!” Woohyun merrily said. “Do you want some dinner?” Sungjong shook his head.

“I already ate hyung. Thanks anyway.” Sungjong politely bowed and went to his room. Hoya sighed and followed the maknae.

“Sungjong-ah” Sungjong faced Hoya. “You should at least eat a little bit, Woohyun made that especially for you.” Sungjong faced the floor. Hoya sighed and walked up to Sungjong. “Look, I know we’ve been lacking as your hyungs, but please, don’t push us away.” Hoya hugged Sungjong and went out.

Sungjong sighed. He gently placed his things on his bed and went out.

“Hey Woohyun hyung.” Sungjong said in a low, shy voice. “Do you still have some food left?” Sungjong saw Woohyun’s face lighten up.

“Of course! Come on!” Woohyun dragged Sungjong to the dining area. Hoya smiled at the sight.

I know we’ve been lacking Jongie, but please give us a chance.

Sunggyu went out of his room and a very alluring aroma welcomed him.

“Hey Namu! Did you cook? I want to eat!” Sunggyu shouted. As soon as he entered the dining area, he saw Sungjong eating Namu’s cooking.

“Oh hey Gyu, come and sit. Eat with Jongie.” Woohyun smiled and dragged Sunggyu to his chair. Woohyun gave Sunggyu a plate. “Okay, so just eat here okay? Call me if you need anything.” Woohyun left.

After the grease ball left, silence filled the room. Sungjong faced his plate, avoiding eye contact with his least favourite hyung.

Just like Sungjong, Sunggyu felt a bit uncomfortable with the situation. He was the meanest person when it comes to Sungjong, and he guessed the maknae doesn’t like this as much as him.

“So, where were you today?” Sunggyu asked without looking at the other.

“Dance practice and some vocal exercises.” Sungjong said in a low voice.

After that, silence.

The only things you can hear were the hitting of the plate, the sipping of soup, and the voices of the other members from the living room.

Sunggyu felt irritated with the silence.

Why couldn’t I talk to him? He’s a member of our group, but I feel the most awkward when it comes to him. Sunggyu sighed.

“You have improved.” Sunggyu said. Sungjong faced him.

“Thanks hyung” Sunggyu shook his head.

“Don’t thank me yet, you still have a lot to prove to me.” Sungjong sighed.

I knew it was too good to be true. Sungjong sighed. But this has to stop.

“Look HYUNG, I don’t need anything to prove to you.” Sungjong stood up. “But if that will make you feel better, then fine. I’ll prove to you that you’ve been wrong about me HYUNG.” Sungjong left the dining area.

Sunggyu sighed. I couldn’t even say anything nice to him.

Sungjong walked out of the dining area.

“Hey, anything wrong?” Myungsoo asked. “Why are you crying?” Sungjong shook his head.

“It’s nothing hyung.” Sungjong rushed to his room.

Myungsoo felt his blood boil.

“Yah! Kim Sunggyu!” Myungsoo rushed to the dining area.

The other members quickly stood up to stop Myungsoo.

This is bad. Dongwoo rushed to stop Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! So about this chapter well, basically, Yongguk wasn't there. Lol, for the nxt chapter, I guess you should expect a confrontation scene between Gyu and Myungsoo. Bum bum bum!!!! Lol, so please leave your comments okay? ^^ Saranghae! <3