Pride

Alone

After about 3 more songs, the other members also joined in, except for Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

They all danced to random songs. For a moment, everything felt like things were back to normal.

After about 10 songs, they all fell on the floor. Heavy breathing and panting filled the room.

Sungjong closed his eyes, but felt something cold touch his forehead.

“You should drink, or you’ll be dehydrated.” Sungjong accepted the water bottle from Myungsoo.

“Thanks hyung” Sungjong gave him a faint smile. Yongguk walked up to Sungjong and wiped the sweat of his body.

“You’ll catch a cold Jongie” Yongguk gently wiped the sweat.

“T-thanks hyung” Sungjong slightly bowed to Yongguk.

“Aish, Jongie, you should change. Here” Hoya handed a clean shirt to Sungjong.

“Thank you Hoya hyung” Sungjong gave Hoya a weak smile. Sungjong stood up and went to his bag. He searched the contents of his bag, but soon he realized he forgot something. “Aish, I forgot a clean pair of sweat pants.”

“I have an extra pair Sungjongie” Daehyun ran to his bag and quickly went to Sungjong. “Here you go” Sungjong gladly accepted it.

“Aww, Daehyunie! Thanks, I promise I’ll return it ASAP.” Sungjong pinched the others cheek making Daehyun blush a little. Sungjong stood up and walked up to Yongguk.

“I’ll just go get changed” Yongguk nodded. Sungjong walked out of the room.

“He really has changed.” Dongwoo said. This made Yongguk chuckle.

“Yeah.” Yongguk plainly said.

“His singing has improved...a lot.” Sungyeol chuckled at his own statement.

“Sungjong hyung has been very hard working.” Zelo said, making the others nod.

“And I guess we can add his dancing skills.” Woohyun added.

“Yeah, well, that’s not the only thing that changed.” Yongguk said. This made the other members feel a bit confused.

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked.

“Hyung has really been stronger.” Zelo smiled. The door suddenly swung open.

“Are you ready to go?” Sungjong asked as he walked to Yongguk and the others.

Myungsoo walked up to Sungjong. “Are you going somewhere?” Myungsoo smiled at the maknae. Sungjong couldn’t help but blush.

“Uhm...y-yes.” Sungjong said.

Dammit! Why am I stuttering? And why did he have to smile again?

“May I ask where?” Myungsoo asked. Yongguk cocked an eyebrow.

“We’re going to eat out. Come on.” Yongguk took Sungjong’s bag and dragged him out. Zelo and Daehyun waved at the others and started to walk out.

“Wait, can we join you?” Hoya asked.

“Yeah, we’re kind of hungry too.” Dongwoo added. Sungjong sighed and nodded.

The others stood up and followed the other four. Woohyun noticed that Sunggyu was not following them.

“Hey Gyu, aren’t you coming with us?” Woohyun asked. Sunggyu just shook his head.

“I’ll just head back home. I feel tired.” With that the others left. Sunggyu just sighed.

What is wrong with me?

Sungjong and the others decided to eat at the nearest restaurant they can find. After ordering some food, the other members of Infinite decided to interrogate Sungjong.

“Your Japanese is more fluent now Jongie.” Sungyeol said. The others nodded.

“Also your English.” Hoya added. Sungjong just smiled at them, trying to hold back his smile. After that, the food came.

“Try this Jongie.” Sungjong opened his mouth and gladly accepted Yongguk’s offer. Myungsoo cocked an eyebrow.

“Here Jongie, you should try this too.” Before Sungjong could protest, the spoon was already in his mouth. “It’s good right?” Sungjong couldn’t lie, it was good. He nodded. Myungsoo gave him a warm smile in return. Sungjong blushed.

I wish he stopped smiling at me.

“Well, we better go Jongie. We still have an interview tonight. I’ll call you okay?” Yongguk smiled and took out his wallet.

“Oh no, I’ll pay this time. You paid last time remember?” Yongguk sighed.

“Okay fine. I’ll call you okay?” Yongguk ruffled Sungjong’s hair. “Take care of him.” He said to the others.

“Bye hyungs!” Zelo waved at them.

“Take care of Sungjongie for us!” Daehyun also waved back. Sungjong chuckled.

“Wow, they really like you Jongie.” Hoya said. Sungjong just nodded.

“Are you close with all of the members?” Dongwoo asked. Again, Sungjong just nodded.

“Can we talk later?” Myungsoo asked. The attention was now on Sungjong and Myungsoo. Sungjong flinched. He knew he had to talk to each of them sooner or later, but he didn’t know it would be this soon.

“Okay Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong said plainly.

***

Sunggyu threw himself on his bed. He didn’t want to go with the others, especially after seeing Sungjong’s big improvement.

He faced the ceiling.

So he’s improved. Sunggyu sighed. I guess he wasn’t lying when he said he would.

FLASHBACK

Infinite was ready to depart. The living room was full of bags and luggage. Everyone was busy checking if they have everything, except for Sungjong.

Sungjong was lying in his bed at his room. He didn’t want to see them preparing. It only kills him knowing that he wouldn’t join his second family.

Suddenly his door opened.

“Jongie.” It was Myungsoo. Sungjong pretended to be asleep. “I know you’re not asleep.” Sungjong sighed and faced Myungsoo. Myungsoo’s heart broke as soon as he saw Sungjong.

He has been crying for a while now. Myungsoo caressed the maknae’s cheek.

“We’ll be back soon Jongie.” Sungjong sniffled and sighed.

“I promise, I’ll improve. I’ll show everyone what I’m made off. Just you wait hyung.” Sungjong broke down in Myungsoo’s arms.

Sunggyu stood in front of Sungjong’s door, listening to every word Sungjong has just said.

‘I’ll be looking forward to your improvements then.’

End of flashback

Sunggyu sighed for the nth time. Why am I a bad hyung to you? Why can’t I just admit you’re important in Infinite as much as we are? Why can’t I lower my pride?

Sunggyu just closed his eyes and tried his best to sleep.

***

The other members arrived back at their apartment by 6 pm. They all went straight to their bedrooms, except for Myungsoo who was determined to talk to Sungjong.

“What are you doing?” Sungjong asked, wondering why the visual was following him.

“I told you, we need to talk.” Myungsoo smiled. Sungjong sighed.

“Can’t we talk tomorrow?” Sungjong tried his best to protest, but Myungsoo didn’t move an inch. Sungjong just sighed in defeat. Sungjong opened the door and walked in, followed by Myungsoo. As soon as he faced Myungsoo, he felt a pair of lips against his.

 

 

 

So here's the short update! I'm sorry if it's short, it's just that I need to study for another exam tomorrow!!! Lol, so please do leave your comments okay? They mean so much to me!!! Thank you in advanced and I love you guise!!! <3