Of punches and bad tempers

Alone

The gang arrived at the studio around 11 pm. As usual, vocal practice comes first, but this time, the others decided to join in too.

“Do you want to go first Sungjong?” Woohyun asked. The maknae shook his head.

“You guys should go first.” The maknae said. Woohyun nodded.

Woohyun sang first. He sang ‘Dream Girl’ by SHInee. He loved singing other groups’ songs, especially when he’s close to that group.

Hoya and Dongwoo decided to sing their song ‘Special Girl’. It was the trademark song and also the debut song for Infinite H.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were enjoying themselves by not singing.

Up next was Infinite’s leader, Sunggyu, who decided to sing ‘I Don’t Understand’ by U-KISS.

Even though the song lyrics were different with what he was feeling, the title seems appropriate with what he was actually feeling. As he sang, he started to think.

I can never understand why I am so mean to Sungjong, or why I can’t even lower my pride for him. Why can’t I even apologize? What is wrong with me?

After the song, applause filled the room. Sunggyu gave them a faint smile.

“It’s your turn Jongie.” Sungyeol happily said. They were like in a karaoke house, but actually a studio. Sungjong nodded and carefully stood up.

“Can you help me out hyung?” Sungjong smiled at Yongguk. The latter nodded and accompanied Sungjong inside the small recording room.

The others felt a little jealous.

Why is he so comfortable with him, while he’s awkward with us? Woohyun pouted.

Sungjong and Yongguk entered the small recording studio. When they were both ready, Yongguk cued Hoya to start the music.

The song started. Yongguk didn’t know what song Sungjong wanted to sing, but as soon as he heard the song, he smiled. It was ‘Rain Sound’ by B.A.P.

Eo uwo eouwo uwo eouwo uwo eouwo
Neoran yeojan hollanseureoun mundap
Nan ibeul damunda
Sarangeul ibyeore mutda
Changbakken ijeobeorin bibarami bunda
Saebyeoge deutneun radio sorien iksukhan eumakdeul
Ni saenggangnagien ttak joha
Bieoinneun keopijan du gae
Niga eomneun jari, nan oeroumgwa datune

For the rap parts, Yongguk sang them. He felt happy with Sungjong’s choice. The fact that it was their group’s song made him feel very comfortable.

Honja gilgeorireul geotda
Jaju gadeon kape, yeonghwagwaneul bonda

Sungjong sang Jongup’s part. The others were a bit shocked with Sungjong’s little rapping.

Najocha chueoge jamgineunde neon eotteolkka?
I nalssi, ongi, seuchineun baramkkajido gieogi nalkka?
Geujeo jinagan heukbaekpilleumcheoreom ichyeojil saram
Ajikdo neol geuriwohada nan jami deureo
Bi naerineun bam, oneureun nan jam mot irwo

Yongguk and Sungjong sang the rap part together. Sungjong felt happy with what he has learned from Yongguk.

I bissoriga ni moksorinji
Nal bureuneun sorinji naman neol saenggakhani?
I biga nareul wirohaejulkka
Ireon nae mameul alkka? Jakku niga saenggangna

Sungjong sang the chorus with full of emotions. This was evident, especially for the other members.

Haneura nal dowajwo
I bireul jom meomchwojwo
Geu aereul ijeul su itge oh no

Sungjong hit the high note flawlessly, making Woohyun and Sungyeol amazed.

I bissoriga ni moksorinji
Nal bureuneun sorinji naman neol saenggakhani
I biga nareul wirohaejulkka
Ireon nae mameul alkka jakku niga saenggangna

Sungjong decided to end the song there. He felt the song was good, but not what he was really feeling right now.

Hoya pressed the button.

“Is there a problem Jongie?” Sungjong shook his head. He placed the headphones back and went out.

“Are you feeling okay?” Yongguk asked. “You seem a little pale.” Sungjong just smiled and nodded.

“I’m okay.” Sunggyu scoffed.

“Looks like you need more practice.” Everyone was now practically glaring at Sunggyu.

“What the hell is your problem?” Yongguk said in a low voice. He was about to go to Sunggyu when a hand stopped him. Sungjong just shook his head. Yongguk sighed. “Come on, let’s take you home.”

“So that’s it, you’re just going to give up just because you don’t feel like singing?” Sunggyu said, almost in a taunting voice. “Well, I guess I was wrong about you then.” Yongguk had it. He dropped his bag and in an instant, he was holding Sunggyu by the collar.

“Listen here, and listen well. I don’t care if you’re the leader of Infinite. I don’t care if you think you’re so great, but all I know is you better stop treating Sungjong like garbage because everyone in this room agrees that he’s better than you in so many ways.” Sunggyu chuckled.

“That’s the problem, he always has other people fight his battles.” Yongguk was now out of control. He punched Sunggyu by the cheek, causing the other fall on the ground. He was about to hit again when Hoya and Sungyeol stopped him. When he realized that he wouldn’t be able to do anything, he broke away from the two and went back to Sungjong.

“I know you’re pissed, but I need to take you home okay?” Yongguk said. He knew Sungjong was pissed, especially with what he did, but he needed to go home. Sungjong just sighed and nodded.

Woohyun and Dongwoo helped Sunggyu get on his feet.

Before the two can walk out of the door, Myungsoo stopped Sungjong.

“Are you going home?” Sungjong nodded. He leaned in and kissed Myungsoo on the cheek.

“Just enjoy yourselves okay? I feel tried, that’s all. Yongguk hyung will take me home.” Myungsoo eyed Yongguk, but sighed in the end.

“Text me when you get home okay?” Sungjong gave him a faint smile and nodded. With that, Sungjong and Yongguk left.

Myungsoo now diverted his attention to Sunggyu, who was sitting on the couch.

“If you’re going to nag me about what I did, well don’t bother.” Sunggyu said. Myungsoo chuckled.

“You think I’ll still convince you? We all know how high your pride is HYUNG.” Myungsoo emphasized on the last word, but it was in a mocking tone.

“Myungsoo, stop.” Woohyun said as he shook his head. Myungsoo kept playing innocent.

“What? I’m just saying that he couldn’t lower his pride for Sungjong.” Myungsoo forced a laugh. Sunggyu stood up and punched Myungsoo.

“Do you think you know me that well huh? You know nothing about me!” Sunggyu shouted at Myungsoo and rushed out of the door, leaving everyone speechless.

***

Sungjong and Yongguk arrived back at Infinite’s apartment quickly. Sungjong and Yongguk entered the apartment and went straight to Sungjong’s room.

“Look Jongie, I’m sorry.” Yongguk said. Sungjong sighed.

“You know, he has a point. I have been letting other people fight my battles for me.” Sungjong sat on his bed. Yongguk huffed and sat next to him.

“It’s not that, I was just really angry at him, why is he so mean to you? Does he love you or something?” Yongguk sighed.

“Love me? That’s the least word I would describe his actions towards me.” Sungjong chuckled.

“Feeling any better?” Sungjong nodded. “Well good” Yongguk leaned in and gave Sungjong a back hug. “I’m glad we’re alone today.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“Aish, stop being a ert hyung!” Sungjong stood up, but Yongguk pulled him back down.

“I just miss you that’s all.” Yongguk hugged Sungjong tighter.

“Aish, get off me hyung!” Yongguk didn’t respond, instead, he pretended to be asleep.

Aish this hyung! Sungjong just sighed and also tried to sleep.

I guess this is the only way we can be close. Yongguk started to sleep.

 

 

 

So here's the update!!!

First, sorry if it's short, but at least it has substance right?

Second, I bet you're all wondering what's happening with Gyu right? Well in due time!! Lol, and I'm trying to make a love triangle here. And the punches were a bit too short right? I'll try to make a very long fight scene.

Third, thank you to all to those who have been supporting me!!! I love you guys!!

Song of the day - 'What's happening' by B1A4 At first, I didn't like it, but once you got used to it, you will finally appreciate it!!!

Thanks you!! Please leave your comments okaaaaay? I love you guise!!!