Yongguk's regret

Alone

 

Yongguk flopped in bed. It was the second day that he won’t accompany Sungjong today. He knows it’s immature to avoid the other, and he also knows his jealousy is stupid.

Why would I be jealous in the first place? He already rejected me before right? Shouldn’t I be happy for him? Yongguk sighed.

He stood up and went out.

“Hey Daehyun, where is everybody?” Asked the leader. Daehyun faced him and smiled.

“They went out hyung! We better get going too if, we need to accompany Jongie today!” Daehyun stood up. Yongguk shook his head.

“I won’t be coming with you, I still feel a bit sick. Can you go by yourself?” Daehyun nodded.

“Okay, I’ll just ask Kyungsoo and Amber to come with me.” Daehyun smiled. “I’m off then!”

“Don’t forget his water okay? And tell him to change into a clean shirt!” Yongguk shouted. He heard Daehyun shout back.

As soon as he heard the front door close, he sighed.

How long will I even do this? Yongguk sighed again and fell on the couch.

***

Sungjong and the others arrived at Woollim building by 10 pm. They decided to have some breakfast before going through to today’s practice. (sort of)

They went straight to the recording studio for Sungjong’s daily vocal exercise. As soon as they entered the room, Sungjong noticed a note.

Hey Jongie! I guess you’d be coming today, but I’m sorry I have something to take care of! Help yourselves with the room!

  • Hyung

Sungjong smiled.

I guess he’s a very busy person.

“So Jongie, what do you want to sing?” Amber asked.

“How about Rain sound?” Daehyun suggested. Sungjong thought about it but shook his head.

“How about Hot Summer?” Amber said. Sungjong smiled but shook his head.

“How about Closer by Taeyeon noona?” Kyungsoo said. Sungjong tried to remember the lyrics, and when he did, he agreed to it.

“Nice choice Kyungsoo.” Amber said. D.O smiled proudly. Sungjong entered the small recording room and wore the headphones. As soon as he was set, Amber started the music. As soon as the cue came, Sungjong started to sing.

Closer by Taeyeon

Haji mothan mari neomu manhayo
Hanbeondo dangshineun deutji mothaetjiman
Nae ape boyeojin nugungal aneunal
Saranghan geureon sarameun anieyo

Sungjong’s angelic voice complimented the song. As soon as he started to sing, a picture of Myungsoo suddenly popped in his mind.

Sesange geumaneun saramdeul soge
Naegen ojig geudaega boyeojyeotgie

As soon as the chorus came, Sungjong couldn’t help but smile. Sungjong closed his eyes. He was picturing Myungsoo smiling at him.

Geudaeman bomyeo seoitneun geolyo
I sarang hooen nan jal moreugetseoyo
Aju eorinaiga hangsang geureohadeushi
Jigeum I sungan ddaseuhi damabollaeyo

As the song was cut to the bridge part, a vision of Yongguk suddenly entered his mind. Yongguk was smiling at him, laughing with him, and comforting him.

Ijen nan honjaga aningeolyo
Geu jarieseo oneul naege oh ~
Geudaemani ~

Tears started to form in Sungjong’s eyes.

I miss you Yongguk hyung. I miss your warmth.

Geudaeman naye jeonbuingeolyo
I sarang hooen nan jal moreugetseoyo
Aju eorinaiga hangsang geurohadeuti
Deo gakkai deo ddaseuhi annajullaeyo

Deo gakkai
Deo ddaseuhi
Annajullaeyo ~

As soon as the song finished, Sungjong held back the tears as hard as he could. His friends were clapping and cheering for him beyond that window. Sungjong smiled and went out.

“Wow hyung, that was....just amazing.” Kyungsoo said. “You should be a main vocal you know.”

“D.O’s right hyung! You should be one!” Daehyun added.

“Nah, a certain hamster wouldn’t like it.” Amber said, causing them to laugh.

“How about we start dancing now?” Sungjong suggested, causing the other three to roar in excitement.

They made their way to the dance studio.

“Come on Sungjongie, plug your mp3 already.” Amber said as she twirled to the center.

“Yeah hyung, come on!” Daehyun jumped. Sungjong chuckled and took out his mp3. The first song was Tell me Tell me by Rainbow.

Sungjong giggled at the first song. He really loved this song. He rushed to the others and as soon as the music started, they started to dance.

Amber sang the rap part, and Daehyun tried his best to act cute. As for Kyungsoo, well, Sungjong found it cute every time he tried to dance a girl group song.

As soon as the chorus came, Sungjong waved gracefully. After the chorus, Daehyun decided to change the song. As soon as he found the song he wanted to Sungjong, he smirked.

Too bad Yongguk hyung wouldn’t be able to see hyung dance this. Daehyun giggled.

“Jongie hyung, how about you dance this for me?” As soon as Sungjong recognized the music, he smiled and nodded.

Sungjong moved and jumped. The song was so y that it made Daehyun and Kyungsoo gulp. Amber just watched the two get mesmerized by Sungjong’s grace and beauty.

“I think Ice Cream is a bit too y.” Daehyun said.

“Yeah” was all Kyungsoo could say. Amber chuckled and shook her head. She passed the two clueless boys and decided to make the two boys drool even more.

“Hey Jongie, do you know this dance?” Amber shouted. Sungjong stopped moving and listened. As soon as he got it, he smiled.

“Of course Amber.” Sungjong smiled. The movements were even ier than before, making the two boys watch in awe.

Why did she have to play that song?!? Daehyun shouted in his mind.

Why is Sungjong hyung so y? Kyungsoo shook his head in amazement.

Amber chuckled at the two.

Aish, these boys.

“Why did you choose 2Hot Amber?” Daehyun asked.

“Well, I just loved seeing you two drool over Sungjong.” Amber laughed, causing the both of them blush.

“Aish, stop!” Kyungsoo said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Sungjong chuckled as he danced, but after a wrong turn of the foot, he tripped.

“Ahh!” Sungjong screamed.

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo shouted as the other two followed.

“Sungjong-ah, what happened?” Amber asked.

“I think I sprained my foot.” Sungjong tried to stand up, but the pain was too much.

“We should go to the hospital.” Daehyun and Kyungsoo slowly supported Sungjong.

Amber called a cab and the two carried Sungjong inside.

They went to the nearest hospital. For others, it may look a bit exaggerated, but for idols, having a sprain is the worst thing ever.

“Only one of you can come in.” The nurse said. Amber volunteered and entered the emergency room with Sungjong.

***

Yongguk flopped in bed. After taking a shower, he felt even more bored. He had nothing to do.

Aish, maybe I should just pretend that I didn’t hear anything. Yongguk sighed. He was about to sleep when his phone rang.

“Hello?” Yongguk asked casually.

“Hyung” Daehyun said in a shaky voice. Yongguk sat up.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Sungjong hyung, he’s in the hospital.” Yongguk felt his eyes widened.

“Where?” Yongguk stood up and grabbed his jacket and wallet.

“Seoul hospital.” Yongguk heard Daehyun sniffle.

“I’m on my way okay?” Yongguk ended the phone call and rushed out of the dorm.

Aish, I should’ve stopped being immature. I should've been there to take care of you. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! So my exam went well I guess! And that was the last exam! Yeeeeeeeeey! 

So about this update, well, basically, Yongguk misses Sungjong, but he's being immature and jealous because Sungjong is going out with Myungsoo. Complicated right? Well the worst part is Sungjong sprained his ankle, and for me, that is a very serious problem for idols because they won't be able to practice and ever perform. It's a good thing our Jongie has never been injured like that!!! Lol, so please expect more drama to come up!!! 

Thank you guys and I love you!!! <3

PS The title is 'Yongguk's regret' because he regrets not being with Sungjong, especially when he needs him most. (sort of)