Should have treated you better

Alone

“What is your problem with me?” Myungsoo said as he jumped on Yongguk. He took Yongguk by the collar and raised him up.

But this time, Yongguk wasn’t going back down.

He pushed Myungsoo off him and took him by the collar.

“Stop!” Sungjong shouted, but they still kept going.

Woohyun held onto Myungsoo’s arm, but the visual was too angry.

Hoya and Dongwoo tried to stop Yongguk, but he was too strong, even for them.

“Hyung, stop!” Daehyun shouted.

“Please, stop!” Sungjong was crying now. “Please”

Kyungsoo sighed at what he was seeing. He hated seeing Sungjong like this.

“STOP!” Kyungsoo shouted. All eyes were on him now. “Don’t you see how this is affecting Sungjong hyung?” The eyes were diverted to Sungjong now.

He was being supported by Amber’s arms. The Chinese girl glared at them.

“If you’re just going to kill yourselves, do it outside. He needs to rest.” Amber carried Sungjong to his bed.

Daehyun and Kyungsoo dragged everyone out of the room.

“Thank you” Sungjong smiled at Amber before crying himself to sleep. Amber smiled and nodded.

She gently closed the door and went to the living room.

“Okay, let’s settle this once and for all.” She crossed her arms.

Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Hoya backed up a little bit. They knew how mean and harsh Amber could get when she’s angry.

Kyungsoo sat beside Yongguk, while Daehyun sat beside Myungsoo.

“Okay, so tell me how this happened.” Amber had a straight face plastered on her face. The two boys faced the floor. “Well?” Amber cocked an eyebrow.

“I started it.” Yongguk said. “I was stupid saying that now they care.”

Myungsoo and the other members flinched.

“Did you think we don’t care about him?” Myungsoo asked. Yongguk sighed.

“When you left, Sungjong was so broken. No, more than that, he felt so low. H felt like he was so untalented, he felt so unloved, and worst of all, he felt alone.” Guilt was creeping back at the members. “He wanted to quit the group you know, he wanted to leave. He felt so useless.”

“Stop, please.” Sungyeol said as he fought back the tears.

“No, we have to listen.” Myungsoo said.

“Sungjong felt alone. For a month, he would just sit there and stare into nothing. I know not all of you are at fault, but I just wished that you fought for him, and to stop trying to act that everything’s okay. Because I know all of you know that it’s not.”

Tears started to flow down the other’s eyes.

“I wish you would apologize you know, because that’s the only thing I can think of to make everything okay.” Yongguk glanced at Myungsoo. “Look, I’m sorry for what I did. I tried to avoid Sungjong, but I couldn’t. I just wish you would not take him so lightly, because Sungjong is very precious. And I also want you to trust him. He rejected me because he loves you, isn’t that enough for you?”

Yongguk stood up. “I’m sorry for causing trouble.” He bowed. “We’ll be leaving now.”

Daehyun, Kyungsoo, and Amber also bowed.

When they heard the front door close, they all sighed.

“I know we didn’t do anything, and we all know Sunggyu will never apologize for what he did.” Woohyun sat next to Myungsoo. “But maybe Yongguk’s right. We never wanted to talk about what happened before.”

“We were afraid for some reason. We didn’t want to talk about it, because we thought Sungjong had moved on. But no, he’s still hurting.” Hoya shook his head.

“Why didn’t we try to convince Sungjong hard enough?” Dongwoo sighed. “I guess we have been underestimating him.” Dongwoo let out a chuckle. “And now, he practiced so hard that he got injured.”

“We have failed as hyungs towards Sungjong.” Sungyeol pursed his lips.

“We should talk to him, as a group.” Myungsoo said firmly.

“What about Sunggyu?” Woohyun asked “You know how high his pride is.”

“We’ll just have to make him listen, even if he doesn’t want to.” Myungsoo said. The others nodded in agreement.

***

Sungjong woke up with a massive headache. Judging by the darkness beyond his window, he guessed it was about 1 pm.

The maknae sat up and cleared his eyes. He felt his tummy grumble. He stood up and went out.

He dragged himself the kitchen to find anything to eat. He clicked the light switch and took out a box of cereal from the cabinet. He walked to the fridge and took out a milk carton.

He took his bowl and poured the cereal and milk at the same time. He took his spoon and scooped a spoonful.

“You’re awake” Sungjong almost jumped on his seat. He faced the person.

“Oh glob Myungsoo hyung, you have to stop doing that.” Sungjong took a deep breath. Myungsoo walked up to him.

“You should’ve called me when you wanted to eat something, so I could’ve prepared it for you.” Myungsoo took a bottle of water out and handed it to Sungjong. “You should be resting.”

“I was hungry hyung.” Sungjong pouted.

“I’m sorry for causing trouble again.” Myungsoo bit his bottom lip. “I was being stupid again.” Sungjong chuckled.

“I know.” Sungjong continued to eat.

“Can I ask you something?” Sungjong hummed and nodded. “How were you when we left?” Myungsoo noticed Sungjong flinched.

Maybe I’m being too direct.

“You don’t have to answer-.” Sungjong smiled at him.

“It was the darkest days of my life.” Myungsoo was taken aback. “I felt so lonely, and I felt miserable.” Myungsoo mentally punched himself for asking that question. “I wanted to run back to my parents, but doing that would only show weakness.”

“Stop, it’s okay.” Myungsoo said, but Sungjong still continued.

“I wanted to hate everybody, even if you weren’t at fault. I wanted to kill myself.” Myungsoo kissed Sungjong.

“Never say that okay?” Myungsoo caressed Sungjong’s cheek, but Sungjong still had more things to say.

“Let me finish.” Sungjong gently pulled Myungsoo’s hand away. “I know I’m not as good as you all are, but many people made me feel so important and special.” Sungjong smiled. “At first, I kept thinking why I was left here, but then I realized that I needed more training.”

“No, you didn’t. Sunggyu hyung was just being mean.” Sungjong shook his head.

“That’s what I thought at first, but putting everything aside, I made that my inspiration. I promised myself that I will show everyone what I’m really capable off.”

“And you have.” Myungsoo smiled.

“I’m still doing my best, so that you wouldn’t look down on me. I know most of you did underestimate me because I’m not that talented, but I want you hyungs to regret doing that.” Sungjong leaned in and kissed Myungsoo. “Good night”

Sungjong walked out of the kitchen and in to his room. Myungsoo sat there, registering what Sungjong said.

We were taking him lightly, and we weren’t paying much attention to him before.

Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong’s room.

We promise to make it up to you Jongie, all of us.

 

 

 

 

 

So here I am with a very crappy update! I'm really sorry okay? My mind is really tired.

First of all, the school trip was fun!!! I learned so many things!!!

Second, about this chapter, well, I feel a bit disappointed with it, so please bear with me okay? I'll make the next update cooler!

Third, please leave your comments okay?

Saranghaeyo! <3