I'm not okay

Alone

Sungjong took a deep breath. He went out of his room, and went straight to the living room.

As he slowly walked to the others, Myungsoo’s words kept ringing in his head.

Sungjong shook his head.

I have to do this.

Sungjong suddenly appeared in the living room.

“So, what’s up Jongie?” Woohyun asked. “Did Myungsoo hurt you?” All eyes were on Myungsoo again.

“I did not do anything!” Myungsoo said, feeling a bit annoyed.

“We’ll deal with you late Kim Myungsoo.” Sungyeol and the others eyed him.

“Can we just listen to Sungjong now?” Sunggyu said. Everyone remained silent after that.

“Thanks hyung.” Sungjong said.

The others attention were now on Sungjong. The latter stood there, taking a deep breath before talking.

“First of all, thanks for being such great hyungs.” Sungjong smiled. “I really appreciate everything.”

“Are you leaving Infinite?” Woohyun said, a bit dramatic.

“Aniyo!” Sungjong said, making the others sigh in relief. “Myungsoo hyung told me something.”

All eyes were on Myungsoo again.

“He told me to” Sungjong took a deep breath. “ To stop pretending that everything’s okay.”

“Jongie-ah.” Myungsoo said in a low voice, feeling stupid with the stunt he pulled earlier.

“And he’s right. I tried hyungs, I tried to be okay. I know I shouldn’t be mad at all of you, but then everything that you did when you belittled me before, when you disregarded me, it just piled up. I tried my best to ignore it hyungs, I really did. I took note of every good thing you did to me."

Tears started to form in Sungjong's round eyes.

"But when Myungsoo hyung said those words, my heart told me that I’ve been lying for a long time if I keep saying that everything’s okay.”

Tears started to stream down Sungjong’s cheeks.

“I tried everything I can, but I couldn’t. I tried to pretend, but I still couldn’t. I’m still hurt hyungs, I don’t know what to do to make everything okay. I tried being comfortable with you hyungs, but still, my mind kept telling me this was a stupid idea.”

Sungjong’s eyes were diverted to Myungsoo.

“And you know how much I love you hyung, but I’m still afraid that you might leave me again. I love you hyung, but that fear in me is still there, afraid that you might not be here."

The other’s started to tear up. They hated seeing Sungjong cry, it always broke their heart.

Guilt was eating them alive, especially for Sunggyu.

“I’m really sorry hyungs. I thought everything would be okay, but I need to stop convincing myself that, because I’m not.”

“Jongie, I...We..” Hoya stood up, inching closer to Sungjong.

Sungjong shook his head.

“I’ll go out for a while, and please don’t follow me okay? I just need time by myself.” Sungjong took his coat and ran outside.

As soon as Sungjong went through the door, he called up Yongguk.

***

After Sungjong left, the members didn’t move, nor shift to another position.

“What did we do to him?” Dongwoo said, burying his eyes on his hands.

“You know what, this is all-.” Before Myungsoo could blame Sunggyu, Hoya stood up.

“No, this is OUR fault, not just his, it’s OUR fault, so stop blaming him. That won’t do anything good.” Hoya said, eyeing Myungsoo.

“Now, we need to do something about this.” Sungyeol stood up.

“And I guess the best way is for you to apologize to him.” All eyes were now on Sunggyu. The latter didn’t protest. He knew he would be the first one to apologize.

“I’ll talk to him as soon as he gets back.” Sunggyu stood up.

“Aren’t we supposed to find him?” A worried Myungsoo asked.

“Didn’t you hear what he said? He told us he needs time by himself.” Sungyeol said.

“But.”

“No buts. Let’s give him some space okay?” Hoya added. Myungsoo sighed and hung his head in defeat.

They decided to talk to Sungjong some other time.

***

Sungjong and Yongguk decided to meet at the playground. They’ve been swinging for quite some time now, and Yongguk knows that Sungjong is only pretending to be happy.

“Jongie.” Yongguk called the other. Sungjong moved his head to the left to face him.

“Yes hyung?”

“What happened?” Yongguk stopped swinging. Sungjong shook his head.

“It’s really nothing hyung.” Sungjong said, trying his best to smile. Yongguk knew Sungjong well enough to know that he was lying. He took the latter’s hand.

“Jongie.” A tear escaped Sungjong’s eye, making the other’s heart clench.

“I just....broke down hyung. I finally became honest with myself.” Sungjong smiled. “It’s better that they know how I feel right?”

Yongguk quickly stood up and hugged the sitting maknae.

“It’s okay to cry, it’s okay not being okay, it’s okay to be hurt, because you’re human. It’s natural.” Yongguk started to Sungjong’s hair. “I promise, I’ll be here okay? You did great. You were honest.”

Sungjong kept on crying, making Yongguk cry too.

Everything will be okay my Jongie.

 

 

 

 

So hey guys! Short yet dramatic chapter right? Well, I think it's time for the boys to take Sungjong seriously now. And About Myungsoo and Sungjong, well Sungjong is still afraid that he might be left alone again. *sobs*

Sorry for making a very dramatic chapter! *bows*

I just finished watching To the beautiful you, In Need of Romance 2 and Flower Boy Ramyun shop. I want to make stories out of these, just like my idea for Flower Boy next door!

So please give me time okay? I'm just searching for inspiration!!!

Please leave your comments!!! Saranghae!

PS, Song for the day is Hello by NU'EST I love that song <3 It's really....catchy for me!