Chapter 4

Chance to meet my Umma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4

 

“How is he?” A young man asked.

 

“I’m not sure yet. The doctors are running test, they said they might be a concussion. I don’t know where he came from. It was like he came out of nowhere,  I had to swerve to avoid hitting him.”

 

“Did they check you over too?” The person asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. And so is the little one.” He looked back to the boy in the bed, rubbing his belly. “Do you think someone looking for him?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know Hyung. Did you talk to the police? Are you sure you’re alright?” He noticed his Hyung rubbing his belly.

 

“Yeah, Baby is just kicking a lot...since the accident.  I think the baby was scared. Baby it’s ok, please stop kicking Umma, it starting to hurt a little” he continued to rub his belly until the baby settled down.  “The doctors said that he could wake up any minute now.”  He felt desperate for even the smallest sign of life, the boy on the bed was lying so still. His state of exhaustion didn’t help brighten his thoughts.

 

“Hyung maybe you should go home and rest? You look really tired. You’ve been here all day”

 

“It has not been all day, I want to stay a little longer. Something in my heart is telling me to stay.”  He looked up at the other person standing over his shoulder. Jae reached out his hand taking the young boy hand in his own.

 

“Okay, I’ll be back soon. I’ll get you something to eat. I’m sure you are starving.” He nodded as he watched his dongsaeng leave. He sat there for hours. He didn’t even know when he fell asleep. At first he didn’t know what had woken him. He looked around looking for signs. He felt the slight squeeze of his hand, causing him to stare at his hand intertwined with the boys. He stared at the hands for a few seconds before his hand was squeezed lightly again. His eyes widened, he turned to look at the boys face only to find his eyes open and looking at him.

 

“Hyuh….who ….are…. you?” he asked tentatively in a whisper. He didn’t know if he was dreaming or not.  He had to be, this person looked like his Umma. Jae scrambled for the red button beside the bed to alert the nurses before he looked straight at the boy’s eyes. They didn’t move from looking at each other.

 

“Hey there. You’re awake. I called the doctor. Are you in any pain?” he asked hesitantly, looking into the boys eyes for any signs of pain. He saw the boy shake his head no. Just as he was about to speak, the nurse and doctor came into the room.  Jae stood up, and let go of the boy’s hand, much to the boy displeasure. He stood aside allowing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter