Chapter 1

Chance to meet my Umma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Changmin turned when he heard someone at his door. Good thing he had that lock installed a few days ago, had to keep the witch out, “Changmin, you better come down for dinner, your Appa will be home soon.” She sighed kicking the door.  “OPEN THE DOOR! BRAT.”

 

“Nice tone, witch. Better not show my Appa your true colour,” Changmin yelled back at the door. He could hear her leave. He hated his Appa’s wife, he was sure she was a gold-digger. When Changmin was four his father married her. She never cared about him. She tried to ship him off to boarding school as soon as she could. It would have happen if it wasn’t for his Uncle Junsu.

 

Changmin heard a car pulling into the driveway he pushed back in his seat and said, “Time to face the music.” He got up and looked out the window. There was his father, Jung Yunho, taking out stuff from his car, probably something for the witch.

 

Lately Changmin started to hate his father, he doesn’t care for him. He wasn’t always like that. It wasn’t until Changmin started asking question about his Umma. Was it wrong for him to ask question about him? He didn’t even have a picture. The only thing he knew was his Umma’s name, Kim Jaejoong. He knew from an early age, that his Umma died a week after he was born.  He remembered his father got married when he was four and introduced his stepmother to him. Changmin runaway to his Uncle, he didn’t want her to be his Umma.

 

He run away from home when he was seven, that women hit him. He didn’t make it far. He ended up being taken back by the police. When he told his father what she did, his father didn’t believe him. To him this house was a prison not a home. He hated it. Maybe it would be different if his Umma was here. Lately Changmin was failing in school, he didn’t care anymore. Most days he ditched school and spent time with his boyfriend Kibum.

 

“CHANGMIN DINNER READY COME DOWN,” His Appa yelled up the stairs to him. Changmin opened his door and walked slowly down the stairs. He sat in his usual chair, looking at his plate. He refused to eat it. Changmin sat at the dining table, sighing in annoyance for the umpteenth time. How many times did he have to sit here and play happy families?

“THIS IS NOT A HAPPY FAMILY,” he said to himself. He picked at his food mincing it with his chopsticks. He hated the women sitting next to his Appa. The witch named Boa, only word that came to mind every time he saw her. She looked more like a gold-digger everyday.  Yunho had told his son to call her Umma, to which Changmin begrudgingly had to use once, never again. He watched his Appa smiling happily as he talked to Boa. She was smiling like a kid in a candy store.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter