Chapter 3

Chance to meet my Umma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 Changmin slowed down when he was four blocks away. He looked around making sure no one was following him, that would be all he needed. He rubbed his hand against his cheek. It was the first time he had been physically hurt by his Appa. Usually it was his stepmother who hurt him when his Appa wasn’t around.

 

He looked into his bag, taking out his phone and the letter. He read his name on the front of the letter. Should he even open it?  He flipped it over and over, breathing in the night air, trying to think. He looked at his watch 8:30, he should call Kibum and tell him he was on his way over.  He decided he would open it.  He pulled and ripped open the top of the letter. He pulled out the contents, took a deep breath and read:

 

 

To my Beautiful Baby Boy, Changmin.

 

                            Happy 18th birthday, forgive me for not been there, but you will always be in my heart. I’m sure you are celebrating your birthday with your Appa and uncles, I will miss you also much. Your Appa probably told you, Why I’m not there with you.

 

I know by the time you get to read this I will be already gone, But that doesn’t mean I’ll leave you completely. But Changmin you were always wanted, Always! Never think otherwise.  You’re Appa and I parted before you were even born. You were such a beautiful gift I was given. It made my life complete know that  you are alive and well, You have probably heard things about me which aren’t true.  But that doesn’t change that we wanted you.  

 

 I wanted to see you grow into the man you are now, that which I knew you would be.  I wonder do you take after your Appa or me…. when I look at your baby face, at the moment you look like me so much, you’re Uncle Junsu , Said it better if you take after me, He’s fighting with Your Appa right now, I should not have said that Junsu a little upset at me, because after I’m gone, I am sending you to your Appa. I don’t want you to grow up without  both your parents, your Appa  will love you..

 

Looking at you in your bassinet, bring tears to my eye. I don’t know if you Appa showed you a picture of me, so I enclosed. Something I keep to my heart.   I love you my son, never forget that.

 

                                                                                                                   Love your,

 Umma

Kim Jaejoong

 

 Changmin notice the tear stains on the letter. His Umma was crying writing this. He was crying to know. Changmin looked back into the envelope, there it was a picture of his Umma holding him, he rubbed against his mother face. He was smiling happily with baby Changmin in his arm sitting in a hospital bed, after Changmin had been born.  Tear filled his eyes.

“Umma, I want to be with you?” He held the picture close to his heart. Just as he jumped behind a fence when he saw a car approached him. He peeked out, noticing it was his Appa’s car and he was out looking for him. Changmin reread the letter again. Something wasn’t right. Changmin had been told that his Umma died in an accident. But from the letter, his Umma knew he was going to die even Uncle Junsu knew. He wondered did his father know too. He was to be given the letter on his eighteenth Birthday, he must have known, Changmin thought. Tears, poured from his eyes, they wouldn’t stop. He flipped through his phone until he came to the number he wanted. He hit dial, hoping that the person would pick up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter