Dead end

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 38: Dead end

 

 

 

 

The meeting has been ended; Lawyer Choi is now on his way when someone stopped him, “Oppa.” He looked at his side and saw his younger sister, Choi Sooyoung. He looked around him securing that there’s no one around then fixed his eyes on Secretary Choi.

“What’s it?”

“How about the plan.” His eyes widen in her outburst he immediately looked around them and leaning closer to his sister. “Don’t you ever mention it here.” He hissed.

“But oppa, the president, I know he knows something and…”

“Just stay on the plan. We are almost at the finish line. Don’t you ever fail this time.” He whispered to her that sends shiver to her spine. “Y-yes.”

“Good. Now do as what the plan is. This is for our father, be someone who can make him proud.” He pats her shoulder and left.

Even if she was part of the Choi family, she is not like her smart, talented and almost perfect half-brother, they’re half siblings, and still her existence considers a mistake to the whole family. Siwon is just four years old that time when Mr. Choi, their father, had an affair with his secretary and impregnate her. The fruit of that betrayal is none other than Choi Sooyoung herself.

Her mother was cast away when Mrs. Choi learned about this, her mother died after giving birth to her that’s why Mr. Choi took her.

It is obvious that her father’s wife doesn’t like her because she was the living proof of her husband’s betrayal, she doesn’t hurt her physically but emotionally she did with the knowledge of her father but he never bothered to protect his daughter. No one wanted her even her older brother, she was the reason why Siwon grew distant with his father. She cannot blame him.

But in all this she found a father figure in Im Sooman, her father’s well-known friend and his secret adversary. She wanted to pay all the good things he has done to her but their mission will be the sole hindrance.

She has to do it. For her father. For herself.

 

 

In Im Sooman’s office,

Jonghyun is going to knock when the door opened, “Thank you again, Detective Choi Minho.” The president said patting the latter’s shoulder and guiding him to the door. There standing a few meters away from Jonghyun the very man who is in charge of finding the truth about Yoona’s case.

He gulped and enclosed his fists, the effect of Yoona to him. The detective noticed him since he was tall as him. “You must be.”

“Oh, Jonghyun, what brought you here?” Mr. Sooman answered for him. “He is one of my managers here, Jonghyun, this is Detective Choi.”

“Nice meeting you… Jonghyun.” said the serious man while stretching his arm towards Jonghyun’s direction. He received and nods in agreement, “Same.” without leaving an eye from him.

“I’ll be going now, Mr. Im. If I found another something to report, I’ll come to you immediately.”

“Yes, do that.”

Jonghyun followed the retreating figure with his stare, only to be stopped by President Im. “Do you have something to discuss, Jonghyun?”

“Ah, yes.” President Im gestured him to come inside his office.

 

“What is it? Oh! Before I forgot, what happened to the Southern branch?” President Im asked giddily and putting his hands together. “It is fine, I asked Madam Im for her permission and she gives it to me, thank you President Im for your trust.”

“I know you’re responsible and can stand with the position. Take good care of the Southern branch for the meantime.” and smiled meaningfully towards Jonghyun.

“Yes, I will.”

“You can depend on Lawyer Choi since he’s one of old colleagues.”

“Speaking of Lawyer Choi, Mr. President, I—” before he could ever finish his words, the door burst open and the weary Secretary Choi came in view. “M-Mr. President!”

Both men looked at her. She gulped when her sight collided with Jonghyun’s cold ones. “That was close. I won’t let you Lee Jonghyun to destroy the plan.”

“Why Secretary Choi, is there a problem?” President Im asked when she didn’t finish her purpose. “Y-you have an urgent meeting.” and bowed.

“Meeting? Me? This late?”

“Y-yes.” Jonghyun’s eyes narrowed hearing the secretary keeps on stuttering. He felt that something is wrong.

“Alright, if that’s too important that it can’t wait. Jonghyun, maybe next time?”

“Yes. President Im.”

In the hallway, he just looked in their retreating figures. “Something is wrong here, I should do something.”

 

In the parking lot,

Before getting inside his car he saw a very familiar figure, “Siwon. Why is he here? How about the meeting?” he looked at his watch and saw that it was not five minutes yet since he left because of President’s urgent meeting.

Lawyer Choi drove and left, and Jonghyun immediately followed him. ‘Something is really wrong.’

--

There is supposed to be a meeting but President Im slept and woken up, there’s no one in there already. “I must be very tired; I should have called Mr. Jo to fetch me.” While massaging his temple and heading towards his office. As he turns the knob he heard a sound inside his office so immediately he opened it. ‘Who might it be?’

“What are you doing?” he saw someone getting something from the vault where he stock the most private documents of the company. No one possesses the passcode except from him, Yoona and…

 

His eyes widened in pure surprise, the one of his most trusted persons. In nervousness because he caught that person, the documents fell on the cold floor.

“Sooyoung?” he whispered, not really believing that she could do it to him. He treated her as his own daughter and never showed evil to her. ‘Why?’

“You are…” he can’t finish those words and his chest began to ache like it’s killing him already. “President Im.” Secretary Choi came beside him asking him worriedly. “I’ll call for help.” She said and stood up ready to run outside to get the help when her phone vibrated, she looked at it and saw her brother’s text message:

[I got Jonghyun. Now how about the documents and Sooman?]

Her hands began to shake, and her lips to tremble. She looked back unto President Im who is now crawling for his dear life. “What should I do?”

“Yoo… na..” he said that sent shivers down her spine. She closed her eyes and looked at him. She saw him looking at her or past her, stretching his arm. “Yoo… na.. Yoo… na.” he keeps on calling for Yoona. “Yoona’s dead! Manager Im is dead! And that’s because of Jessica and Jonghyun!” she shouted angrily, she knows the whole story and is very sad because she lost someone who is very dear to her.

“Those bastards… they killed her! They killed her!”

As if the President didn’t heard her he keeps on calling the name of his daughter, “Yoo… na..”

“Why are you so blind? Why? The people around you are planning to kill you and still you trusted them! You trusted us!”

“Yoo… na..” Secretary Choi is shaking her head while hearing them. “President Im…”

(“He is the enemy… he is our enemy keep that in mind.”)

(“We will turn Im Sooman down.”)

(“Make our father proud.”)

(“Good. Now do as what the plan is. This is for our father, be someone who can make him proud.”)

For her father. For herself. For their family.

“Yoo…. na… help….” With the last breath President uttered again. Secretary Choi’s eyes widened. The President is dead. She killed him.

“But it’s for our father.”

“But still you killed him.”

“But that’s our plan.”

“And you still killed him.”

“He had to die.”

“And now he’s dead.”

“He’s dead. No, he’s dead. President Im!”

(Lawyer Choi Siwon is calling…)

She answered with trembling hands. [“Where are the documents I said give it to me already!”]

“I killed him..”

[“What? What are you saying? You killed whom?”]

“The President… President Im is dead. Oppa, help me please—” she heard someone, someone’s approaching. She clenched the phone with her. “Oppa, someone’s coming what should I do?”

[“Just relax don’t panic. I’ll drop the call and you destroy your phone, got it?”]

She nodded, “Y-yes! But please come quickly.”

[“Okay I will.”] He ended the call; she threw her phone on the floor breaking it into pieces. Then someone opened the door and saw her then turns to President Im. “What happened to the president?” the man asked. He check for the pulse and sad to know that the President is already dead.

“What have you done?” he grabbed her in her shoulders and shook her violently. “What happened to him?”

“I—”

“You killed him! You killed President Im!!”

Her eyes widened in pure shock, her lips begun to tremble again, she shook her head harshly not believing in what he said. And as she saw the lifeless President Im she realized she did. “I-I killed him… I killed him. I killed him.  I killed him.  I killed him.” Her eyes in daze and with tears, hugging herself she keeps on repeating.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong Seducers! Since we have reached a hundred and three of subscribers and it is almost a year since I last updated this fanfic, here are the updates. Hope you like it and THANK YOU ^_^

 

____________________***The End Of Chapter Thirty-eight***____________________