Running against the winds

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 27: Running against the winds

 

 

 

 

Yoona left the mansion and went to her best friend’s apartment instead. “Coming.” Kwon Yuri said walking to check who is ringing her buzzer. “Yoona?” she saw Yoona standing in front of her door through the camera.

After letting Yoona in, she made a tea for them. “Why are you carrying those luggage?” pointing at them, Yoona looked at them and back to Yuri. “I-I’m going to ask you if I could stay here just for a night.”

“Don’t tell me you ran away from your house.” Yoona nodded shyly, Yuri sighed and answered, “Of course you may, and you can stay here as long as you like to.” She smiled.

 

Yoona is staying at the guest room, thinking about her decision. She doesn’t want to have an argument with her father but she must defend her love. Thinking about; if her mother was still alive, she would absolutely support her decision.

Then she received a message from Secretary Lee, [“Manager Im, I’m here outside the apartment building.”] she immediately stood up, she told him about this and also she said that she was staying with Yuri. The three were a childhood friends until now.

Yuri saw Yoona went out of her room, “Is there a problem?”

“Kiseop-sshi is outside.” She answered while fixing her cardigan. Yuri gave her a nod. “That busy man, coming all the way here?” she teased.

“He is my secretary.” Yoona cleared making Yuri to shrug.

--

Secretary Lee is still waiting for Yoona outside.

(“Lee Kiseop..”] Mr. Im called his attention. [“Mr. President.”)

(“You are Yoona’s close friend so I let you to be her secretary. Now tell me, what is the meaning of this?”)

Secretary Lee is now in a great danger, he has to tell to him all about Manager Im, even if betraying her, because he himself doesn’t want Lee Jonghyun for her. (They’re dating…”) he answered and lowered her head. (“What?! You know that? How long?”)

(“She just told it to me earlier, but I think their relationship already existed during your trip.”)

(“And you let them?!”) Secretary Lee lowers his face more in embarrassment. (“I’m sorry, Mr. President. It won’t happen again, and I’ll make sure that their relationship will end--”)

(“No, I’ll be the one who’ll wake her from her foolishness.”) Secretary Lee’s eyes widened with his words. What is the President plotting?

“Secretary Lee, you came!” Yoona approached him cheerfully, he felt guilty. “Yes, of course.” He bowed as a sign of respect but Yoona interrupted him, “I’ll quit going to the company.” She said and Secretary Lee’s eyes widened again. “But, what about the President--”

“He’ll never notice that I mean it if he saw me in his company.”

“You really doing this for the sake of that man?” he can’t hide the hatred flow through his words. “It’s not just for him… It’s for us.”

Secretary Lee looked at her and sighed in defeat. “Gomawo.” She smiled, “And may I have a favour from you?”

“What is it?”

“Please, watch over my father.” Secretary Lee nodded.

 

The next day in the SM Company,

“You said Yoona won’t attend the meeting today?” Mr. Im cried out a bit mad, “She is testing me.” He hissed, Jessica went behind him and soothed his back. “Yoona? Doesn’t she know that this meeting is too important for the company? How could she act so selfishly?”

Secretary Lee felt pissed when Jessica judged Yoona behind her back, “Manager Im dedicated herself with this company, and I think prioritizing her personal issues now is not being selfish.” He glares at her. “Secretary Lee, even you are my deceased friend’s son and Yoona’s friend, I won’t allow you to answer my wife with that manner!” Mr. Im scolded.

“I’m sorry Mr. President, sorry madam Im.” He bowed, “I shall take my leave.” and left.

 

As he walked pass through the corridors, he felt like the SM Company was nothing but a huge building, now he know the pain of Im Yoona. He continued, when he knocked on someone. “Sorry.” The man apologized; it was none other than Lee Jonghyun. “You.” He composed, “Now you’re here, may I ask where is Yoona? She didn’t answer any of my messages or calls.” Secretary Lee just looked at him, Jonghyun stopped from asking. “I know you won’t answer me.” He said and walked pass him, but then Secretary opened his mouth, “You really want to know. She is fine; she is staying with our friend…” Jonghyun stopped and turned to him. “I will let you know, since this is your fault.”

                                                                                                        

In Yuri’s apartment,

“I’ll be back at dinner.” Yuri said and opened the door. “Take care.” Yoona smiled, after her best friend left she went back to the kitchen wearing an apron. Someone knocked the door, “Did she forget something?” she immediately opened the door for Yuri, “Forget something?” but what surprised her was, it wasn’t Yuri after all it’s, “J-Jonghyun-sshi?” her eyes widened, he smiled at her. “Thank goodness, you’re okay.” Jonghyun sighed in relief.

“W-wait Jonghyun-sshi, how could you possibly, Secretary Lee!” she gasped.

“Don’t be mad at him for telling where you are.”

“I’m not mad, I’m just happy.”

In a bar,

A lot of colors are flashing all around the room. Yuri entered, when she already spotted the person she was going to meet, she stepped her heels down the little stairs and walked to him. “Drinking all by yourself, quite depressing.” Yuri teased and sat beside him. “Stop it Yul!” a bit drunk Secretary Lee said. Yuri ordered something from the bartender, after she received her order she went back on interrogating Secretary Lee. “Letting Yoona to fall in love with that man, are you sure about this?” Secretary paused a little and nodded. “Are you insane? For me, you’re better than that man!” Yuri cried out without thinking about the people around them. Secretary Lee dropped his drink and looked at her, he looks like tired. “Yes for you, Yoona is different.” Yuri calmed down but still her breaths were heavy, “Yul, please, keep this a secret.” Yuri simply nodded.

 

____________________***The End Of Chapter Twenty-seven***____________________