Return

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 37: Return

 

 

 

 

Looking at the whole façade of the SM Company building felt like everything had change. Yes it had.

 

(“Jonghyun-sshi!”)

Gasping for air, “Are you alright, Manager Lee?” a voice asked worriedly, Jonghyun turned to his side and saw the tall secretary looking at him intently. “Ah y-yes of course.” He smiled.

“The president wanted to see you.” Secretary Choi Sooyoung said. Jonghyun just nod, “I’ll meet him.” Secretary Choi led the way. One last glance at the now crowded hallway then he follows the secretary. It’s almost three months had pass since Jessica went to his apartment to beg for his return to the SM Company. He can’t stop but feel crazy about his decision but as he promised he had to protect Jessica or he has to watch over her, her plan exactly. Also, if it is true that Yoona is still alive, he wanted to know it, he has to know it, and returning to the company will be his big advantage.

 

In Im Sooman’s office,

A knock in the door interrupted the laughter inside Im Sooman’s room, thinking that it might be Jessica but as soon as he turns the knob and opens the door his thought is wrong, not Jessica but a very familiar woman sitting beside the president. “Mrs. Jung?” Jonghyun recognized the old woman; out from her usual attire the old woman was now wearing a designer’s clothes and a surely expensive purse.

“Oh, Lee Jonghyun. Come here my boy.” The cheerful Im Sooman greeted patting the seat next to him and Jonghyun gladly received. “It’s been a long time since I last saw you.” The old woman said adoringly smiling at Jonghyun.

“Ah yes.” It is not a good memory when he last saw the old woman. Some group of gangsters beat him into pulp but thanks to the old woman and her grandson he was now save. ‘How come they know each other?’

As if they heard his concealed question, “She is my old friend ever since college.” Im Sooman provided. “Yes, old.” Mrs. Jung emphasized the word ‘old’ “How are you my darling?” changing the topic and directing to Jonghyun.

“The same, quite alright.” He said plainly.

“He is one of my managers and simply the best among the rest.” Im Sooman said proudly. In the past three months Jonghyun proves many things in the company, without the help of anyone he crawls up to his present position.

“Acting so proud huh, Sooman just like before.” Mrs. Jung laughed and looked at Jonghyun, “I wanted to work with you in the near future Jonghyun-darling.” and smiled.

“Yes, madam.” Jonghyun said politely.

 

After the meeting with the president, Jonghyun left and in his way to his office when, “Enjoying the admiration are we?” a very familiar voice, turning his head he saw the treacherous lawyer, Choi Siwon. “Don’t worry; your career will soon end as it has started.” He threatens and left. Jonghyun clenched his fist in total hatred towards the lawyer.

He has to watch over the actions of the lawyer, he is too dangerous.

 

In Jessica’s office,

Someone brusquely entered the room looking who it was, “How dare—” her question died when a large hand cupped her face pulling her to his lips and kiss her hungrily. Realizing their situation she began to push him away from her but the man is too much strong for her liking and wouldn’t budge. After that harsh kiss he pulls away smirking at her widen eyes. “For encouragement.” He said, Jessica stretched her arm as if to slap him but he immediately held her firmly and pull her to him again. “You are mine.” He whispered to her ear making her shiver, then after gaining her strength she immediately push him away. “You’re crazy.” She hissed.

“Yes Jessica, yes I Am.” Looking at her from head to foot then smirked. “I don’t think that boy will do his job.” He leans towards her, “I’m going to turn Im Sooman down, and only I can do that. I’m the only one who you can trust in this world, Jessica.” Giving a peck in her lips then walks away but before he left the room he saw Jonghyun at the door, a shock visible on the latter’s face. He smirked and continues his phase.

“J-Jonghyun-sshi.” Jessica greeted with a half-hearted smile but Jonghyun notice it already and has the conclusion that the lawyer is behind that. “Jessica, are you still related with that man?”

“Not really. Uhm, why did you come here anyway?” changing the topic, Jonghyun noticed this but dismissed it.

“I want to have the full control over the Southern branch.” He said without blinking an eye. “Yoona’s branch?” she felt a sting of displeasure after hearing it from his mouth. “Why the Southern branch? It is so small and—”

“I want that branch, I already told it to the president and he said I should tell it to you since you’re the one who is handling it.” Avoiding another argument she just let a deep sigh, “Alright, I’ll give it to you.”

--

“Thank you again, Mr. Yu.” Standing up and offering a hand for the old man. “The pleasure is mine, Mr. Choi.” shaking their hands with agreement. After the old man left, Lawyer Choi pours a wine in his glass smirking before emptying it. “It’s payback time.”

 

In Im Sooman’s office,

“Mr. President, Mr. Yu of YuanJi Corporation declined the merging of our companys.” While Secretary Choi still announcing that terrible news Im Sooman remained silent and massaging his temple. “That can’t be help.”

“And another news Mr. President, five of our oldest sponsors pull out from the company.”

“What? Those—” clenching his chest and a rugged breath, Im Sooman’s disease lets him to suffer more. “Mr. President.” The panic in Secretary Choi Sooyoung’s voice is evident, she immediately get Im Sooman’s medicine for the chest pain.

After swallowing the tablet and drinking his breath slowly became normal as for the secretary’s relief. “Call for an emergency meeting.”

--

While the meeting is going on, Jonghyun never stop but to think about the lawyer’s threat. ‘What if he is starting it already?’ his eyes immediately flew from the other direction of the wide room, to Lawyer Choi’s direction. They met eyes soon a threatening smile crept in Lawyer Choi’s lips.

“Yes, he is starting it already.”

 

______________***The End Of Chapter Thirty-seven***______________