It wasn't the same anymore

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 32: It wasn't the same anymore

 

 

 

 

Three days has passed after that dreadful happening.

 

In IM’s Mansion,

There was successive knock in the big metal gate, Mrs. Park, the head maid of the Im’s household opened the gate. There were three gentlemen stood in front of her. “What is it sirs?” she looked at them carefully.

The one who was at the middle answered cleared his throat and answered her. “We are in the Seoul Police.” She became worried after hearing those. ‘Why would the Seoul Police sent their men?’

“We have to see Im Sooman, it regards with his lost daughter, Im Yoona.”

Like a huge gong that was hit in front of her, Mrs. Park became nervous with this news. “I-I’ll lead you to the President.” She said and began to walk in front of them.

 

While in the garden, President Im was having a breakfast with his new wife. “President Im, here are the Seoul Police Officers. They are going to give you the news about Manager Im.” She started and bowed. President Im became alert and withdrew from his meal, also his wife stopped. ‘This could be more interesting than to finish the prestigious meal.’ She thought.

“What is it? What happened to my prodigal child?”

The officer cleared his throat before he continued his delivery. “We found your daughter’s body.”

Jessica’s eyes widened in shock. ‘That can’t be. She saw Yoona fell in the water during that rainy day. What if she’s alive?’ President Im noticed his wife’s reaction, he held her hand. “Rest assured my dear.” He told her then faced the officers. “Where is she? Why is she not here? Is she in a hospital?” he asked them, without letting them talk before he finished the questions.

“We’re sorry sir. But your daughter is dead...” he bowed after saying it. Mrs. Park who was at their side gasped in shock. Her Lady was dead? Also Jessica was surprised, how could they know where her corpse was?

“Yes, we found a burnt corpse of a lady in the car we assumed that it was your daughter, since she was the owner of the said car.” The officer added.

The maids were sobbing because of the news.

 

--

In the other side of the sea,

“… Yoona.” Jonghyun said softly, he was looking at the wide sea in front of him. “I’m sorry…” he fought back the tears intending to flow above his face.

(“Jonghyun-sshi…”)

(“… Gomawo!~”)

(“Jonghyun-sshi, I love you…”)

 

(“Jonghyun-sshi… Why?”)

Then a little drop of tear descent from his left eye, followed by the other one. “I-I’m so weak… I do not deserve you…” then a ring from his phone stopped him reminiscing.

“What?” he started.

(“Jonghyun-sshi, about Im Yoona…”)

Somewhat he felt hopeful that it was good news; from the nervous of her voice he thought that it was a good sign. “What about her?”

(“They said they found her corpse…”)

His knees became numb, his breath weakened. ‘Corpse? What corpse? That can’t be Yoona’s corpse. She’s alive… right?’

(“Jonghyun-sshi? Are you still there?”)

“Y-yes, where do they found the corpse?”

(“It was not her corpse. It was burnt.”)

“Burnt?”

(“But don’t worry I’m the only one who knew that it wasn’t her corpse. Whoever did this I hope he was with us.”) He can hear her smirk in the other line. ‘Who could be behind this?’ He hoped that he/she won’t do any harm to Im Yoona.

 

In Im Yoona’s funeral,

The cremated corpse was putted in an elegant jar, sat in the middle of the table alongside of Yoona’s picture. Kwon Yuri, Im Yoona’s best friend was crying since the news broke out. Her cousin, Secretary Lee Kiseop does nothing but to stay to her side and calm her. “That was not Yoona… I know it wasn’t her.” She keeps on telling this to him, half of him believed her but the proof was sent to their faces.

There were lots of personalities went to the funeral, also SM Company’s employees, their relatives, late classmates and some friends.

“Manager Im…”

“She died young…”

“The SM Company will not be the same after her lost.”

“… Such a great lost…”

“What will going to happen now? Will her cousin be appointed as the next president?”

“Oh right, where is her cousin now?”

“Kim Hyuna right?”

“Yes, I heard she was in London this time…”

“Have she found the news already?”

No one knows what will happen in the future. The jar was installed in the private place of Im family in the huge cemetery; the other remains of the Im family were also installed in the said place. Only Yuri and Secretary Lee were left. President Im was nowhere to be found. He didn’t attend in her daughter’s last ceremony.

.

.

.

Lee Jonghyun was at the back of the huge tree, watching the people leave. “Goodbye, Im Yoona.” He whispered to the sky.

 

____________________***The End Of Chapter Thirty-two***____________________