It was unexpected

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 21: It was unexpected

 

 

 

 

It happened many years ago. (“Hmph!”) the young Jessica sighed and sat beside Jonghyun who was reading at that time, he stopped from what he was doing and looked at her. (“What's the problem?”) Jessica looked at him, (“Those brats! They're asking me to go out with them.”)

(“What did you tell them?”) he asked curiously and closed the book he was reading. (“I said, I already got a boyfriend.”) she smiled to him that cause him to smile too, (“Really, but they said bad things about you, they called you alien, because of your foreign-like looks and also they said that you're a nerd.”)

(“Really?!!”) he burst, (“But don't worry, I told them that; 'Even my boyfriend looks a foreigner, he's a 1000 times good-looking than you! And so what if he looks like a nerd? Atleast I knew that, I can have a better future in him.”) she ended with a smile.

Then a continuous sound of his ringtone wakes him up. “... morning already?” then rubbed his eyes, he soon answered the call. “Yeobeoseyo?”

(“Jonghyun-sshi! Where are you? You didn't forgot the date today right?”) Yoona asked. His eyes widened after realizing what was the event on that day. “Y-yeah, I'm on my way!” he hurriedly stood up and fixed the bed, then went out.

Minhyuk noticed him, “Hyung, are you leaving?”

Yeah.” he answered while brushing his teeth.

In the Grand Pavilion, owned by the Im Family,

Jonghyun-sshi!” Yoona approached at the wondering- Jonghyun. “There are lots of people here.” he noticed. “Of course, father invited them all.” he stunned for a moment, remembering something.

(“.... I don't really need too many guests, your friends and mine are enough to be our guests.”)

Thank you for coming.” Jessica said as she greeted each visitors that came in.

You're very pretty in person.” one of the high-class guests complimented, “Thank you very much.”

Of course, she's my soon-to be- bride anyway.” Mr. Sooman in and held Jessica's waist, that made Jonghyun a little pissed off. Yoona noticed him, “Jonghyun-sshi?”

Oh, Yoona.” that same guest said, they went near them. “You're getting more pretty and matured.” she complimented. “Thanks aunt.” then she noticed Jonghyun who is with Yoona, “Who is this good-looking man? Is he your boyfriend?” They're slightly surprised and looked at each other. “No, he's just my co-officeworker.” Yoona smiled to brighten up the atmosphere.

Mr. President, Dr. Jung was looking for you.” Lawyer Choi interrupted. “I'll be going first.” Mr. Sooman bid goodbye and left, also the guest. Only the three of them left. “Yoona, dear, you look pretty in that dress.” Jessica started and hugged her slightly, looking to Jonghyun then afterwards, they seperated.

Thank you, you also look gorgeous.” she smiled.

Really? Good to hear that from you.”

Uhm, Jonghyun-sshi, my stepmother.”

Nice to meet you again, Madam.” then offered a hand shake. She gladly accepted it and stared at him.

May I call on, my loving partner... Shin Jessica.” Mr. Sooman called from the stage, all that are present in the event looked at the front. “I'll leave you two.” she said and joined Mr. Sooman on stage.

He put his arm around her waist then made an announcement, “By next month, will be our wedding day.” Jessica looks a little surprise, also Yoona but swallowed it and smiled at them. Not for Jonghyun, he glared at them with his sharp eyes, even though it was part of their plan, he still wanted him to be the one who will wait Jessica in the aisle.

Everyone clapped with the announcement.

The next day, all things are back to normal.

What?!” Secretary Lee burst in shock then he lowered his voice so that no one could ever hear, “What did you say? The budget was disappeared? How?”

"We don't have enough evidence, but we're suspecting the main branch directors."

You mean...” without finishing his words he saw Jonghyun walking, “Lee Jonghyun.” he glared. “What?”

Uh, nothing. Investigate it further.” then left.

He entered Yoona's office, but then he saw Jonghyun so he kept his mouth close. Yoona noticed him, “Kiseop-sshi!” Jonghyun looked at him he also looked at him then to Yoona, “Manager Im, you called me?” then walked at her. “Ah! I already finish checking these documents, please pass these to the head chairman.” she smiled, he get them, “Yes, I will take good care of it, since this is my job.” then glared at Jonghyun. “I will take my leave, Manager Im.”

She smiled to him, Jonghyun looked at her then to the close door, clenching his right fist.

After the work, Jonghyun walk straight to the parking lot,

*That Lee Kiseop, he is testing me.* suddenly his phone rang, *Who is this?* he answered it. (“I thought you won't answer it.”)

"Who are you?"

(“It's Lawyer Choi.”)

"What's up with the urgent call?"

(Jessica told me to ask you to go here.”)

"What?"

Not far away from his car, there is Secretary Lee's car and he is inside. *Who is he talking at?* then after Jonghyun entered and drove his car, Secretary Lee came after him. *You can't get away with me. If Manager Im is trusting you, I'm different, I won't trust you, and I will prove that I'm right.* as he followed Jonghyun's car.

And the chasing stopped in a dark place. Jonghyun gets off from his car, while Secretary Lee is observing his action. After a while he also went out and followed Jonghyun, searching for him around.

"I'm already here."

Jonghyun-sshi!” Jessica greeted, Jonghyun looked at Lawyer Choi, “Who was the one who followed me?”
Then Lawyer Choi presented a video taken by one of the CCTV, “That's..”

"None other than, Im Yoona's trusted secretary."

"Tch!"

Don't worry, we will take care of that intruder.” Lawyer Choi said, “You may leave.”

Yeah.” Jonghyun answered while lowering his head and left. “Be careful.” Jessica reminded, she was also refering to Secretary Lee seeing him.

Dispatch that secretary...” Jessica ordered, “Im Yoona will lose her knight.” she added and smirked.

Jonghyun heard it all.

Where is he?” Secretary Lee whispered and then, someone gave him a message, someone he doesn't know and the number wasn't saved in his contact.

[“YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER... GET AWAY FROM HERE.... IMMEDIATELY!”]

What?--” then suddenly, a black car appeared from nowhere and hit him.

In Im's mansion,

A maid broke the vase clumsily, Yoona gasped in shock. “Sorry, Manager Im.”

It's okay, be careful next time.” she slightly smiled,

"Manager Im, a call for you."

"What?"

 

After talking in the phone, she immediately run outside and asked for the driver to drive her in the hospital.
In the hospital, where Secretary Lee was confined. “Are you sure you're okay, hyung?”

Yeah.” he answered with a weak voice. Then a knock on the door interrupted them, “Kiseop-sshi! Thank God.” Yoona sighed in relief after seeing that Secretary Lee was now in good condition. Then, Secretary Lee sat straight on his bed, showing to her that he was okay.

After the doctor check his condition he told them that it was just a minor injury so they could relax. “That's a good news, but what really happened to you? H-how?...”

I just remembered...” *I followed Lee Jonghyun, but then, he disappeared and.... * “... Lee Jonghyun.” he said and looked at her.

"What about Jonghyun-sshi?"

"I think, he is the responsible in what happened to me--"

"Don't involve Jonghyun-sshi here, I know he can't do that."

"But.."

"Please, I know you don't have a good terms with him but that's not enough to just suspect him."

I understand now..” Secretary Lee exhaled, Yoona looked at him worryingly.

“I guess that's enough...Let us keep our relationship formal, please.. just don't call me 'Kiseop-sshi' casually, Manager Im. And, let me take a rest for a while.”

Yoona stunned for a moment, she just smiled a little and nodded. “Okay... Secretary Lee...” then left.

 

____________________***The End Of Chapter Twenty-one***____________________