Seeking under a dim light

Seducing the Boss

Seduce 22: Seeking under a dim light

 

 

 

 

Yoona can't stop thinking about what happened last night, what did Secretary Lee told her.

(“... please... just don't call me 'Kiseop-sshi' casually....”)
(“...let us keep our relationship formal....”) it still echoes inside her mind, leaving her in a daze.


A knock in the door wake her up, “Come in...”
Secretary Choi Sooyoung entered, “Uhh, Manager Im.. the President ordered you to attend a lunch meeting with the neighboring company.”
Yes, I'll attend.” she smiled.

In the restaurant,

You really grew into a pretty young lady.” one of the guest managers complimented. “T-thank you...” she bowed, you can see in her eyes that she was worrying something. After the meeting, they send the guests in the front door and bid farewell to them. As the SM Company President's daughter and the soon-to be president, she was at the front of the guests and serving as the representative of their company, “Thank you very much.” she smiled and bowed politely to the guests, and also them. After they left their sight, “Are you okay Manager Im?” Lawyer Choi asked, as if he was worried at her.

Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't stop thinking the reason, why did it happen to Secretary Lee...” looking at him seriously, Lawyer Choi felt a little nervous. “Oh, yeah. Who did that to him anyway?” he pretended.
To be honest, I'm still looking for some evidences. But believe me, the culprits will surely pay it all.” Lawyer Choi stunned for a moment, and never answered back.

Then I'm going back first.” Yoona said,

Let us go back together.” Lawyer Choi offered.

Alright.” Yoona accepted and smiled. But before they went inside the car, Detective Yoon DooJoon appeared, even if it was a long time and she only see him a few times, she remembered him. “You.” Detective Yoon looked at her, “Manager Im, you may go first in the car, I'll come later.” Lawyer Choi interrupted, Yoona obeyed and left them. But her eyes are still into them.
*What is he going to discuss ? * the driver opened the door of the car and Yoona came in, while she was still watching them from the inside. After they talk, the detective swiftly went to his car. Yoona followed him with her stare and then she saw its plate number (*''****) *It is the same with... *


(“We saw a car next to Secretary Lee's abandoned car.”) the policeman who was incharge in the case told. (“Car? What car?”) Yoona asked, (“This one..”) then they presented the picture that the camera took.

*I think, little by little the evidence is showing to us... *

Back in the company,

They are both walking inside the company, Yoona is looking suspiciously at Lawyer Choi. *I need to find the truth.. This is for Secretary Lee. * Soon, they meet with Jessica and Jonghyun in the way, they both stopped to greet each other. “Yoona!”

Jessica approached, Yoona bowed at her then she noticed Jonghyun behind.

I heard, Secretary Lee was sent to the hospital. How is he now?”

"He is now stable, the doctor said that he only needs a plenty of rest. Thank God he is not badly injured.

"That's good news!"
Yes, and after he discharge from the hospital, we will surely work overtime just to catch the suspects.”as if she is threatening someone. “I-I hope so...” Jessica pretended. Yoona bowed and continue walking, Jonghyun paused a little then followed her. Jessica glared at her and clenched her fists.

What happened? That secretary survive?” Jessica said with annoyance.

"Yes."

"Hmph! That Im Yoona is very lucky, but I'll surely steal that luck of hers."

In the hospital,

*What was that? The one who texted me... who is he exactly? * while Secretary Lee is looking at the ceiling of his room, remembering the incident that almost killed him. Then someone entered the room, he bothered to look. “Just what the news said.” Lawyer Choi said while looking at Secretary Lee, he just answered him with his stare. “How are you now?”

"I'm fine already, soon I'll leave this room and continue my unfinished work in the company."

"What?"

Do you remember who did this to you?” Then like a flash of the light, Secretary Lee reminisce the past incident.

After receiving a text from the unknown person, (“What?”) A car suddenly appeared from nowhere, he looked at the driver's seat but only saw a dark image since there wasn't enough light in the area. He is speeding to where Secretary Lee is standing, then....

Secretary Lee felt a stinging feeling inside his head, “Ugh!” and held his head with his right hand then closed his eyes. “What happened?” Lawyer Choi asked, but when he was going to touch him, Yoona entered and interrupted him. “Secretary Lee!” she went to him, then looked at Lawyer Choi, “What happened?”

He suddenly...”

Please call the doctor!” he obeyed her and call the doctor through a telephone that was attached in the wall. After a minute the doctor with two nurses came in. They examine Secretary Lee and gave him a medicine, later the doctor talk with Yoona and Lawyer Choi. “He is having a short memory loss regarding to the incident, whenever he tries to remember it."

Thank you doctor.” Yoona said and they both bowed, the doctor left after that.

My apology, I never know that..”

Lawyer Choi, I was glad that you visited him, but please if you'll going to pay a visit to him again, inform me first. It is not that I'm suspecting you but, the suspect is not yet caught. I'll protect him this time.” she said seriously.
 

"I understand."

--
"What?"

"The Seoul Police is lacking with the evidence concerning with the accident."

Then, catching the suspects are impossible.” Yoona bit her lower lip and her eyes were very troubled.

Manager Im...” Seohyun whispered softly.

"If only we can hear it from the victim, maybe he knew something--"

"No! Remembering something will only result to a painful memories for Secretary Lee."

"But this case will never move forward if we never ask him."

"I know, it's just stressful for him. I hope you understand, and also it was a reminder from the doctor."

Alright, we're leaving, Miss Im Yoona.” then they all stand up.

"Thank you again."

Seohyun led them to the door, after they left, “Manager Im.” Yoona sit down and think again.

In the hospital,

While Secretary Lee is sleeping, Yoona is sitting at his side and holding his right hand. *Kiseop-sshi, I'm sorry *

 

____________________***The End Of Chapter Twenty-two***____________________