And Baby Makes Four Part 2

Forever Shorties
It was late evening by the time Yunho got home from work. He was tired, hungry and anxious. The apartment quiet.
 
“Jae? Are you home?” he called from the living room.
 
“In the kitchen,” Jaejoong called back. He was standing at the stove stirring a large pot of stew.
 
“Hey Baby,” Yunho said as he wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s waist. He pressed a kiss to the side of Jaejoong’s neck. “Where’s Jyuni?”
 
Jaejoong turned in Yunho’s arms. “My sister took her for the night.”
 
“That was nice of her.”
 
“Yeah. She wanted to give the soon-to-be new parents a night to themselves.”
 
“Jae? Really?”
 
Jaejoong laughed. “Yes. I got a test, then called my doctor. She had an opening today and yes. We’re pregnant.”
 
Yunho lifted Jaejoong up and spun him around the kitchen. Jaejoong happily wrapped his legs around Yunho’s waist. Yunho covered Jaejoong’s face, neck and shoulders with kisses and happy tears.
 
“Yunho… Ummm… Yunho, I appreciate the affection but, you have to put me down.” Jaejoong panted between kisses. “I’m still cooking and we need to talk.”
 
“Later. Cook and talk later. Right now, this.”
 
“No Yunho. Talking and eating first.”
 
Yunho sighed but let Jaejoong slid down. He stood behind Jaejoong and watched him cook, occasionally kissing his neck or cheek.
 
“Sit down. Let’s eat.” Jaejoong only placed one bowl on the table. Along with one plate and one cup. He set one set of chopsticks down.
 
“Looks like dinner for one.” Yunho teased.
 
“Nope. It’s for two, but I’m lazy and don’t want to wash a lot of dishes. And I want to sit on your lap. And I want us to feed each other and talk in hushed voices. Like on our first date a million years ago.”
 
“We used to be so romantic. What happened?”
 
Jaejoong shrugged. “Life. We got married, had Jyuni and then, well- Life.”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“I’m not blaming anyone. We just haven’t had time for each other outside of what? Once a month date night. Stolen moments in between PTA and work and everything else life throws at us.”
 
“I know. I promise I’m gonna start taking more time for us. We’re strong, but sometimes…” Yunho distracted himself by picking up the chopsticks and feeding Jaejoong a large helping of rice.
 
“What?” Jaejoong questioned as he chewed. “Sometimes what?”
 
“Sometimes it feels like we just exist together. I love you so much and I just want to spend time with you and we just don’t get it.”
 
Jaejoong carded his hands through Yunho’s hair. “I know. Life just gets in the way.”
 
“More us time,” Yunho smiled.
 
“More us time.” Jaejoong smiled back. “There’s something else we need to talk about.”
 
“I know. Let’s finish eating first.”
 
They finished their dinner quietly. Yunho insisted in cleaning up and sent Jaejoong into the living room to relax. He propped his feet up on the table. He couldn’t see Yunho in the kitchen but he hoped he was cleaning up properly.
 
“All done?” Jaejoong asked.
 
Yunho nodded and pulled Jaejoong’s legs onto his lap. “We need to talk.”
 
“I keep saying that. This could be a difficult pregnancy. More so than with Jyuni. I need to be very careful. I’m probably going to be on bed rest within a month or so.”
 
“I’ll take care of you. I’ll do anything to keep you healthy.”
 
“I have to be careful. I have to check my blood sugar much more often and I’m going to have go to the doctor’s much more often. I run the risk of kidney damage, or premature labor.”
 
“Is it safe? Are the risks worth it?”
 
Jaejoong was silent for a number of minutes. “Yes. It very worth it, Yunho. I want our family to grow. I don’t want 10 kids or anything. God knows it was bad enough growing up as one of nine. But I do want a family. I want Jyuni to have brothers and sisters.”
 
“I really want you to be okay.”
 
Jaejoong straddled Yunho’s lap. “I’ll be fine.”  Jaejoong carded his hands into Yunho’s hair. “I’ll be perfectly fine.”
 
“I know. I’m going to fuss and worry myself sick for the next nine months and you’re gonna get mad at me. But we’re gonna have another baby.”
 
Jaejoong smiled; they were going to have another baby. And as scared as he was, he was overcome with excitement.
 
***
 
Yunho knew something was wrong the second he woke up. The room was quiet and Jaejoong wasn’t in the bed. He had woken up before the alarm and he reached over an turned it off. Jaejoong’s mood had been erratic, just as they had been in the first three moths of his pregnancy with Jyuni. At least Jaejoong was being predictable with the progression on this pregnancy.
 
If everything continued on this pattern, Jaejoong’s fourth month would be filled with cravings for peanut butter and almonds and 3 am raman runs. Yunho prayed for predictability.
 
He slid off the bed and went to search for Jaejoong. He found his husband in the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the tub and crying.
 
“Jaejoongie? What’s wrong, Baby?” Yunho tried to hug Jaejoong.
 
“Don’t you ing ‘Baby’ me!” Jaejoong shouted. “You’re an !”
 
“What did I do?” Yunho tried not to sound irritated.
 
“You know what you did! You ing cheater!”
 
“What are you talking about? I’m not cheating on you. What would make you think that?”
 
“The hussy sent you a picture! Christ, Yunho, she looks like she’s 14. You’re a sick, erted person.” Jaejoong threw Yunho’s hand phone at him.
 
Yunho caught his phone and stared at the picture. “I’m not cheating on you…”
 
“You are! You don’t have to lie anymore,” Jaejoong sobbed. “I’ll leave you. You can be with the person you really love. I’ll take the kids if you want. We won’t bother you, at all.”
 
Jaejoong covered his face with his hands and wailed. He could feel his heart breaking. He didn’t want to leave Yunho, but he couldn’t be with someone who would cheat on him.
 
“Jaejoongie, can I please explain?” Yunho knelt in front of Jaejoong. “Please, please let me explain.”
 
“I don’t want to hear it. You’re… You’re… God you’re cheating on me.” Jaejoong felt like his chest was going to burst. He really couldn’t believe that Yunho would cheat on him.
 
“No, Jae, I’m not. That’s my cousin. She’s back visiting from America and came to visit me at work. She looks like she’s 14 because she is 14. Tall though, like her mom. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you. It was a really short visit. She’s gonna be at Mom’s on Sunday for dinner. She’s really excited to meet you and Jyuni.” Yunho reached out and placed his hand of Jaejoong’s shoulder.
 
“You don’t have to lie. I understand you don’t love me. I’m fat now and you hate me.”
 
“Baby, look at me.” Yunho tilted Jaejoong’s head up. “You’re not fat and I don’t hate you. I love you more now than I have in my life. You’re amazing and I would be stupid to cheat on you. Please believe me when I tell you that that’s my cousin Tiffany. She and her mother left for America shortly after she was born. She’s back for a short vacation.”
 
“You’re not cheating on me?” Jaejoong sniffled.
 
“No, Jaejoongie, I’m not cheating on you. I promise.”
 
Jaejoong threw his arms around Yunho’s neck and cried. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” He cried into Yunho’s skin.
 
“I’m sorry, Baby. I should have told you sooner. It completely slipped my mind.” He carded his hands through Jaejoong’s hair. “I love you. Now let’s get off this floor before you catch a cold.”
 
He helped Jaejoong to his feet. He picked Jaejoong up and carried him to the bedroom. Jaejoong smiled as Yunho laid him on the bed.
 
“I love you. And I’m sorry I got so mad.”
 
“Don’t be sorry. Are you hungry?”
 
“Yeah. I’ll make breakfast.”
 
Yunho gently pushed Jaejoong down when he started to stand up. “Stay right there. I’ll go get Jyuni ready for school and make you some eggs and toast.”
 
“Okay,” Jaejoong laughed. He was still upset, but was feeling better. He believed his husband. “Will you bring Jyuni in before you she’s leaves.”
 
Jyuni bounced into her fathers’ room and climbed on to the bed next to Jaejoong.
 
“I love you, Dada!” she said and kissed his cheek.
 
“I love you too, Jyuni-Bug. Have a good day at school. What do you want for dinner tonight?”
 
“Chicken nuggets!” she replied happily.
 
“You always want nuggets,” Jaejoong teased. Jyuni pouted. “Okay. Okay, we’ll have nuggets. I swear you get that pout from your Daddy. Give me another kiss before you go to school.”
 
“Dada? Are you ‘kay?”
 
“I’m fine, Jyuni-Bug. Why do you ask?”
 
“Sometimes you seem really sad and it hurts Daddy and me. You should be happy.”
 
“I’m happy. It’s hard sometimes, having a baby. And sometimes it effects how I feel. But don’t worry, I’m really happy.”
 
Jyuni hugged Jaejoong tightly before leaving the room to get on the bus to school. Jaejoong smiled, knowing that everything would be okay.
 
***
 
Two more months. Yunho kept repeating that to himself. Two more months and Jaejoong would have the baby and hopefully be back to his normal self. Jaejoong was unusually grumpy and short tempered. Yunho went out of his way to try to make Jaejoong feel better, but sometimes he knew it was better just to let Jaejoong be. He sat on the edge of the bed, watching Jaejoong intently. Yunho just had to wait two more months. He prayed he wouldn’t go insane before that.
 
“I have to go in today. I’m going to be confined to bed rest in a week, then I’m taking time off for to stay home with the baby.” Jaejoong threw his brush on the dresser. “They’re barely giving me any work and somehow I’m ing behind.”
 
“I know. I just want you to take it easy,” Yunho held his hands out to Jaejoong. “Jae, Baby, come here and talk to me.”
 
“I’m gonna be late.”
 
“Just for a minute.” Yunho took hold of Jaejoong’s hands. “Be careful, Baby. Relax today. I’m gonna take Jyuni over to Mom’s after that school thing. We’ll have the place to ourselves tonight, so let me spoil you. I’ll get take-away from that weird French place you like. We can watch a movie together.”
 
“Why are you being so… Odd?”
 
“I just want you to relax. You’ve been doing good so far and you know as well as I do that the bed rest is for the best. I don’t want these last two moths to be difficult.”
 
“Okay. Okay, I’ll be fine. I’m just tired and I have a lot of work to catch up on.” Jaejoong leaned down and pressed a his lips to Yunho’s. “I have to go now.”
 
“I love you,” Yunho said gently. He rubbed Jaejoong’s belly and smiled. “We still haven’t picked a name.”
 
“We’ll do it later. I love you.”
 
 
The chairs in Jyuni’s class room were, by far, the most uncomfortable chairs Yunho had ever sat in. How kids could concentrate on schoolwork was beyond him. It was “Bring Your Father to School” and Jyuni picked Yunho to come to school with her. Yunho sat listening to the careers of the other fathers and was bored out of his mind. Of course, his job wasn’t much more exciting, but at least he was his own boss.
 
He nearly jumped out of his seat when his phone vibrated in his pocket. “Sorry. Excuse me.” He looked at the number and didn’t recognize it.
 
“Hello?” he said once he was in the hall way.
 
“Hello. Is this Mr. Jung?”
 
“Yes, is something wrong?”
 
“I’m Dr. Park. Your husband was brought in 15 minutes ago. He’s had a bad fall. You need to come in as soon as possible.”
 
Yunho’s knees gave out and he slid to the floor, not believing what the person on the other line was saying.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sup peoples! Hope you're all doing well. Please comment and send me lots of love. I just submitted my first short story to a literary magazine and I'm putting a story in the mail tomorrow for another magazine. I'm scared........