Morning Sickness Part 1

Forever Shorties

 Yunho knocked on the bathroom door, lightly. “Jaejoongie? Are you sure you're okay?”

 

I'm fine,” Jaejoong managed to squeak out before having to throw up again.

 

Yunho pushed the door open. “You don't sound fine.” Yunho knelt next to Jaejoong and rubbed his back. “Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?”

 

“Yeah. It's just morning sickness. I'll be fine in a few weeks.”

 

“Okay.” Yunho kissed the top of Jaejoong's head. “I'll get you some ginger ale. Want anything else?”

 

“No. Just the ginger ale.” Jaejoong waited for Yunho and just sat on the floor. He kept telling himself that he would be fine in a few weeks. But he was well into his second trimester and the morning sickness just wasn't letting up.

 

“Drink it slowly,” Yunho said as he handed a can to Jaejoong. “You weren't this sick with Jyuni. Are you sure you're okay?” Yunho rubbed Jaejoong's back lightly.

 

“I'm fine. Help me up?”

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong to his feet and into a warm hug. Jaejoong tried to push back quickly, but he wasn't quick enough; he vomited down Yunho's shoulder and arm.

 

“I'm sorry,” Jaejoong groaned.

 

“It's okay. Let's just take a shower.”

 

***

 

“How are you feeling today?” Jaejoong's therapist asked him as he stretched out on the sofa in her office.

 

“Okay. Swollen and bloated. And I've been sick every morning for the past 5 months. Oh! And I puked on my husband this morning. That was fun,” Jaejoong said.

 

“How did he react?”

 

“We just took a shower together and he washed my hair for me.” Jaejoong shrugged. He had given up being embarrassed around Yunho.

 

“That must have been nice.” Jaejoong's therapist, Yeji was an older woman in her mid 60's, kind and full of laughter and smiles. Jaejoong liked her a lot; she reminded him of his mother.

 

“It was. I'm honestly really nervous. It's been a long time since we had a baby in the house. I'm afraid if...” Jaejoong stopped.

 

“If the postpartum comes back how you are going to deal.” Yeji scribbled a few notes on her pad and hummed knowingly. “There is a somewhat new practice being tried. It's called co-sleeping. There are special bassinets that are attached to the parents beds or set in the middle of the bed. They keep the baby safe from rolling off the bed or getting rolled on but allow the parents a chance to bond with the baby.”

 

“You think it will help?” Jaejoong chewed his lip.

 

“It might. A strong bond might help. You're also older and more emotionally stable now than when you had your daughter. Try co-sleeping. It will probably help Yunho too.”

 

“Maybe.”

 

 

Jaejoong's hour past quickly as he told Yeji all the great things Yunho was doing to make the pregnancy easier and about his work was lightening his load so that he wouldn't fall too far behind when he went on leave.

 

He was going to take the bus home when he heard Yunho call out his name.

 

“You didn't have to come get me.”

 

“It's my lunch break. I wanted to.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong's cheek. “How did it go?”

 

“Fine. When are we going shopping for baby stuff?”

 

“Saturday. Mom wants to spend a day with Jyuni. So I figured we spend the day together and go shopping.”

 

“Good. Yeji recommended co-sleeping.”

 

“What's that?” Yunho asked. He pulled up to a drive thru coffee shop. He order a large coffee for himself and a large tea for Jaejoong.

 

“The baby will sleep in bed with us in a special bassinet. It's supposed to help with bonding and may lessen the depression.”

 

“What do you think?” Yunho handed Jaejoong his tea.

 

“It's a little silly, I think. But if Yeji thinks it will help, I'm willing to try it.” He said as he sipped his tea. “I can't wait to be able to drink coffee again.”

 

“Soon, Baby. We're almost at the halfway point.” Yunho took Jaejoong's hand in his and kissed it softly.

 

Jaejoong smiled and rubbed his belly. “We need to talk about names.”

 

“I know,” Yunho moaned. He didn't want to have another fight about names. They couldn't even agree on Jyuni's name, he had no idea how they would pick a name for their new baby. “Let's both come up with a list of names and talk about it tonight.”

 

Yunho dropped Jaejoong off back at the apartment. Jaejoong lean into the car and kissed Yunho languidly. “Do you have to go back to work? Can't someone else take over for the afternoon?”

 

“I have one meeting I have to attend, then I'll come straight home. I promise.”

 

Yunho's meeting was short and he made good on his promise to head home as soon as it was over. He almost panicked when he saw Jaejoong lounging on the sofa with an ice pack on his ankle.

 

“What happened?” Yunho raced to the sofa.

 

“I mopped and slipped. I turned my ankle, but I'm fine.” Jaejoong winced slightly as he stretched and rotated his foot.

 

“You didn't fall?”

 

“No. Just slipped. I'm fine, really.”

 

Yunho examined Jaejoong's ankle, worried at how swollen it was. He massaged Jaejoong's leg and foot.

 

“Yunho, I'm fine. It's so swollen because I'm bloated and swollen already.”

 

Yunho eyed Jaejoong suspiciously. “Okay. But I want you to stay off it for the rest of the day. We'll order out tonight.”

 

“Fine.” Sometimes it was much easier not to fight with Yunho. “Did you come up with a list of names?” Jaejoong moved his legs to give Yunho a place to sit. Yunho pulled Jaejoong's legs on to his lap.

 

“I only came up with three for each gender.” Yunho pulled out his list.

 

“Okay. I'll just use my to three then. For a boy I like Changmin, Jihoon and Byungchul. What about you?” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“Ilsun, Moonbin and Daewon.”

 

“Not one in common. At least with Jyuni we both had that name on the list. What name were we going to use if she was a boy?”

 

“By the time we found out she was a girl we still hadn't agreed,” Yunho sighed and looked over his list again. He really loved the name Moonbin, maybe he could bribe Jaejoong some how. “What about for girls? I came up with Minji, Sumi and Taehee.”

 

“Hyobin, Youngmi and Eunji.”

 

“Okay...” Yunho looked over his list. “Why do I feel like we are going to fight over this again and you sister is going to end up naming our child again?”

 

“We should just give her the lists and let her pick. It would save time and aggravation.”

 

“How about if I pick the boy name and you pick the girl name this time and next time we'll switch. That way, we won't fight and we'll both get to pick names we really like.”

 

“What makes you think we are having more than two kids?”

 

“I thought you said you wanted a big family.”

 

“I said I wanted a bigger family. I'm happy with two. Are you?”

 

Yunho contemplated his answer for a long time. If he was going to be truthfully with himself, he had hoped for 5 or more kids. But he couldn't put Jaejoong through three more pregnancies for his own selfish desire. “We could always adopt if we want more,” he finally said.

 

“We could. Being pregnant is hard on me. It's a lot that my body goes through. And it's a major surgery to deliver. I just don't think I want to go through it again after this.” Jaejoong sat up and looked at Yunho. “Does that make you upset?”

 

“I would be lying if I said no. But I won't force you to do anything that makes you unhappy. And like I said, we can adopt if we want more kids. Jyuni and this baby are so perfect. And so are you.” Yunho pulled Jaejoong close and kissed him slowly. He moved to lay Jaejoong back while trying to take off his shirt.

 

“Wait. Stop, please,” Jaejoong pushed on Yunho's shoulder.

 

“You okay?” Yunho sat back on the edge of the sofa.

 

“Yeah. I'm not in the mood. I'm sorry.”

 

“It's okay.” Yunho smiled. “Let's just relax. Jyuni will be home soon anyway. Lay back and I'll massaged your feet for a while.”

 

Jaejoong was half asleep when he heard Yunho start talking. “Jyuni's bus will be here soon.”

 

“Okay. I'll go get her.”

 

Yunho pushed Jaejoong's shoulder lightly. “I'll get. Pick a place you'd like to eat.”

 

Jaejoong was finishing calling in the order as Jyuni and Yunho walked through the door. Jyuni kicked off her shoes and dropped her book bag. She walked over to Jaejoong and hugged him carefully.

 

“Hello Jyuni-Bug. How was school?”

 

“Good. I'm hungry.”

 

“I just ordered dinner. It'll be here in about an hour.” Jaejoong ran his fingers through her hair. She was so lucky to have his soft, silky hair.

 

“Okay. I'm gonna go play.”

 

“Okay Jyuni-Bug.”

 

Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's waist. “Are you feeling alright?”

 

“Yeah. Why?” Jaejoong leaned back against Yunho.

 

“I just worry. I want you to go to the doctor if you're still getting sick.”

 

“Why? I'm fine,” Jaejoong said, mildly annoyed.

 

“You weren't this sick with Jyuni. I'm worried.”

 

“If I'm not better by Friday, I'll go on Monday. Okay?” Jaejoong pulled away from Yunho.

 

“You're mad at me.”

 

“I'm not. I'm just aggravated. And hungry.” Jaejoong rubbed his stomach softly. “I'm going to go lay down for a little bit. Call me when dinner's here.”

 

Yunho smiled and ran his hand across Jaejoong's belly. “Okay. I love you.”

 

“Love you, too.” Jaejoong kissed Yunho's cheek. He sprawled out on the bed. His stomach was still churning and he wasn't sure if he would have an appetite. He relaxed and closed his eyes, hoping he could get a nap in before dinner arrived.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did... Did I really just update three stories in two days? I'm on a roll! I'll try to keep it up. This should be a two to three part story.

Let me know if there are any stories in the Forever Universe that you'd like to read and I'll write them for you! Love you all!!! ^3^