And Baby Makes Four Part 4

Forever Shorties
“Yunho!” Jaejoong called from the bedroom. “Yunho! I need you right now!”
 
“Are you okay? Are you in pain? Did you fall?” Yunho ran into the bedroom in a panic. “What’s wrong?”
 
“I’m not in pain, but I really need to pee and I need help standing up.” Jaejoong smiled shyly.
 
Yunho sighed in relief. “Okay, come here.” Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s torso. “Arms around my neck.”
 
Yunho lifted Jaejoong to his feet carefully. “God, I feel like a fat whale.”
 
“You’re not fat, you’re 7 ½ months pregnant.” Yunho kept his arm around Jaejoong’s waist as they walked to the bathroom. “Call me when you’re done.”
 
“This is ing embarrassing.”
 
“I know, but you’re doing well. You haven’t had any problems in the past two weeks. And your doctor said we might be able to push two more weeks before we have to induce you. So that’s great.”
 
“Yeah, great. Except I’ve been so bloated that I can’t stand up on my own.” Jaejoong sighed, “Sorry, false alarm. Can you help me back up?”
 
“Don’t be sorry for stupid things.” Yunho lifted Jaejoong up with ease. “I told you I would do anything you needed me to do.”
 
“That shouldn’t include hauling my fat to the toilet.”
 
“Jaejoongie, you’re not fat. And even if you were, it wouldn’t matter to me.”
 
Jaejoong pouted. “But what if I balloon up to like 500 lbs. Will you still love me then?”
 
“Every fold.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’s neck and settled on the bed.
 
“! I can’t get comfortable,” Jaejoong whined.
 
“What can do to help?”
 
“Lay on your back,” Jaejoong instructed. He laid on his side and threw his leg over Yunho’s thighs.
 
“Better?” Yunho rubbed Jaejoong’s back.
 
“No.”
 
“Okay. Sit up, Baby.” Yunho sat against the headboard. “Come here.”
 
Jaejoong sat between Yunho’s leg, his back flush with Yunho’s chest. “Isn’t it normally you between my legs,” Jaejoong teased.
 
“Cute,” Yunho rolled his eyes.
 
Jaejoong groaned loudly.
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“Your son has been doing flips all day. Bouncing off my organs and just causing pain.” Jaejoong rubbed his stomach.
 
“How often?”
 
“Every 45 minutes or so. I’m not going into labor. Changmin’s just restless today.”
 
“I think we should call the doctor.”
 
“I think you should just help me get comfortable so I can get more than an hour’s sleep.”
 
“Jae…”
 
“Don’t ‘Jae’ me. I’m just uncomfortable. Massage my back and help me relax.”
 
“You’re demanding today.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’s cheek.
 
“Don’t be an . Just help me out.”
 
Jaejoong fell asleep after 15 minutes of Yunho rubbing his back. “Typical. I love you Jaejoongie.” Yunho laid Jaejoong out on the bed, making sure there was a pillow under his knees and covered him with a light blanket.
 
Yunho sat in the living room and tried to get a head in his work. He had cancelled most of his meeting this week. It had been a stressful two weeks since Jaejoong’s release. Yunho spent as much time as he could at home, caring for Jaejoong and Jyuni.
 
Half an hour later Jaejoong waddled into the living room.
 
“I thought you were sleeping.” Yunho didn’t look up from his paperwork.
 
“I can’t get comfortable. I feel so bloated and my back is killing me.” Jaejoong laid down on the sofa slowly. Even walking that little bit from the bedroom to the living room made his back hurt so much more.
 
Yunho looked at Jaejoong. His face was puffy and he had gotten significantly bigger in the last two weeks. The doctor had warned them that Jaejoong would probably retain more water until the cesarean was perform and that it was perfectly normal.
 
“What can I do for you, Baby?”
 
“I don’t know,” Jaejoong whined.
 
Yunho put his work away. He stretched out on the other end of the sofa. “Come here. Lay your head on my stomach. You always liked sleeping on my stomach.”
 
Jaejoong laid down slowly. His whole body felt off balance. “Thanks for putting up with me.”
 
“I love you. It’s not ‘putting up with you’ it’s taking care of you.”
 
“I just feel so off right now.”
 
“I know.” Yunho played with Jaejoong’s hair, twisting a few strands around his fingers. “Soon we’ll have our little baby boy with us.”
 
“He’s gonna look like you.” Jaejoong rolled onto his side and picked a piece of lint off of Yunho’s pants.
 
“Why do you say that?”
 
“Jyuni is your mini-me. Changmin will be too.”
 
“You don’t know that. I bet he’ll look just like you.”
 
Jaejoong shrugged. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was finally comfortable; finally able to sleep.
 
He peaceful sleep was interrupted not long after by a flash of pain ripping through his stomach. He screamed.
 
“Jae? What’s wrong, Baby?”
 
“I think… Oh god, I think I’m in labor.”
 
“Okay. Can you stand?” Yunho fought to stay calm.
 
Jaejoong shook his head. “It hurts too much.”
 
Yunho scooped Jaejoong into his arms. “Hold on tight, Baby.” He carried Jaejoong to the car. Yunho placed him gently in the car. “You alright?”
 
“Yeah.” Another wave of pain seared through his body. “It hurts.”
 
“I know, Baby, I know. I’m right here.” Yunho reached for Jaejoong’s hand. “I’m here, Baby.”
 
“Jyuni… We’re supposed to pick her up at school.” Jaejoong took several deep breaths, trying to control his pain.
 
“I’ll call Mom as soon as we get to the hospital. Everything will be okay.”
 
Jaejoong’s hand went limp in Yunho’s hand. “Jae? Wake up, Baby. I need you to stay with me.”
 
Yunho pulled out his phone and called Jaejoong’s doctor.
 
The doctor met Yunho and Jaejoong at the door and immediately put Jaejoong on a stretcher.
 
“We need to get him into the OR.” The doctor fixed an oxygen mask over Jaejoong’s face.
 
“Wait. Yunho?”
 
“I’m here, Jaejoongie.”
 
“You need to keep your promises. You’ve always kept them. Don’t break this promise.”
 
“I promise. I love you, so much.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’s forehead. He let a nurse guide him to the waiting room.
 
He called his mother. There was nothing else he could do but wait. He paced the room, went to the vending machines to get a soda and tried to answer some emails. He was too worried to try to be calm.
 
Yunho was walking up the hallway when he stopped dead.
 
“Hi Yunho.” Yoochun was standing near the exit. “Your mom called me.”
 
“Great. What do you want?” Yunho didn’t want to deal with this right at this moment.
 
“Your mom keeps me updated with everything that’s been going on. We ran into each other a few years back. Jyuni’s a beautiful kid.”
 
“What do you want?” Yunho didn’t even try to mask the anger in his voice.
 
“I’d say I want to apologize, but I know it’s too late for that. Mom called me, just after you called her.”
 
“ off, Yoochun. The last time we spoke you got drunk at my wedding and called Jaejoong, what was it again? Oh right, ‘a life-stealing parasitic hussy’. Go away.”
 
“I was out of line. I felt like I was losing my best friend. And I know it doesn’t make it any better, but we were all so young.”
 
“Why are you here?”
 
“To make sure you’re okay. And to tell you; I want to be a part of your life. It was the biggest mistake of my life letting my own anger and jealousy ruin the best friendship of my life. And I hurt Jaejoong. I’ve said a lot of ty things that I can’t take back and I wish I could.”
 
“Pretty speech. Are you done?”
 
Yoochun sat on a chair, defeated. “Yeah. I’m done.”
 
Yunho sat next to him. “I’m not saying I forgive you. God knows I want to beat the out of you right, but I do appreciate you being here.” Yunho sighed, “So Mom’s been keeping you updated on my life.”
 
“Yeah. Well, she slapped the crap out of me the first time she saw me. I deserve it. And when you’re done freaking out about Jaejoong, you can punch me. As hard as you want. And Jaejoong can punch me. That kid could always throw a mean punch.”
 
Yunho laughed. “You taught him that.”
 
“I was just angry. You were 21 and Jaejoong was 17. I thought you were throwing your life away. I thought I was going to lose you to a life a babies and stiff cocktail parties. And I kinda did by my own fault.” Yoochun paused. “He’s going to be fine. He’s strong. He’s a fighter.”
 
“I know. It’s just with the fall and he just had the stitches out the other day and everything.”
 
 
“Daddy!” Jyuni ran towards Yunho. He scooped her up into his arms and hugged her tightly.
 
“Everything’s okay Jyuni. We just have to wait. Are you excited about your new baby brother?”
 
Jyuni nodded, never taking her eyes off of Yoochun. She didn’t know him and she didn’t know why he was there.
 
“Jyuni, this is Yoochun. He was friends with your Daddy in school,” Yunho’s mother said calmly. She hadn’t expected Yoochun to show up at the hospital.
 
Yoochun waved at the little girl. Jyuni buried her head into Yunho’s shoulder. Yoochun wasn’t expecting much of a response from the little girl.
 
“Have you heard anything yet?” Yunho’s mother asked him.
 
“Not yet. They took him straight to the OR. That was about an hour ago.” Yunho paced the hallway, carrying Jyuni.
 
“Mr. Jung?” A nurse walked up to Yunho 15 minutes later. “Your husband is out of surgery if you’d like to come see him.” Yunho started to follow, still holding Jyuni.
 
“Just you, Sir. One visitor at a time,” the nurse said. “Your son his healthy, though he is in the NICU. We’re going to keep him here for three weeks, as long as everything goes as planned.”
 
Yunho pushed the door to Jaejoong’s room open slowly. The room was dim but Yunho could clearly see Jaejoong sitting up in bed.
 
“Hey Baby,” he whispered.
 
“Hey.” Jaejoong’s voice was weak and mousy. “Everything went okay.”
 
“Yeah. Changmin’s in the NICU.”
 
“I figured.” Jaejoong held out his hand to Yunho. “Hold me?”
 
“Of course.” Yunho sat on the edge of the bed. He s his arms around Jaejoong’s shoulders. “Are you feeling okay?”
 
“Yeah. I got the really good drugs this time. I can’t feel anything below my s. It’s nice.”
 
Yunho laughed and kissed Jaejoong’s cheek. “You should lay back and rest. Want me to send Mom in?”
 
Jaejoong shook his head. He didn’t move; he just kept his arms around Yunho’s neck. “I just want you to stay.”
 
It wasn’t long before Yunho heard Jaejoong’s soft snores. Yunho laid his husband down on carefully.
 
 
***
 
“I’m not going home with out my son.” Jaejoong was fighting the doctor again. For the third time in that many days.
 
“I’m sorry, but you have to. Changmin’s still too small to be released, though he is improving faster than we thought.”
 
“Then I’m staying right here. Yunho,” Jaejoong turned to Yunho. “Tell them I’m not leaving until Changmin can come home with us.”
 
“Jaejoongie, the doctor knows best. Let’s go home and we can come first thing in the morning. It’s only three weeks, then Changmin will be home.”
 
“I’m not leaving.” Jaejoong crossed his arms over his chest. “I’m going to go see him.”
 
Jaejoong stood and looked for his slippers.
 
“You need to go in the chair.”
 
“I can’t slam the door if I’m in the chair.”
 
Yunho pinched the bridge of his nose. “Jae, don’t slam the door. I’m sure people are trying to sleep. Come on. Get in the chair and we’ll go visit him together.” Yunho helped Jaejoong maneuver into the wheel chair.
 
He pushed Jaejoong to the NICU. Changmin was sleeping. There was little else the new born did but sleep. The bassinette he was in reminded Yunho of some kind of sci-fi cyropod. There were holes cut into the side so people could touch their baby if the baby was healthy enough.
 
Changmin’s problem was that he was tiny. All the doctors told Yunho and Jaejoong that Changmin was healthy, breathing on his own and taking the formula well. He was just small and his immune system needed time to get stronger.
 
“He doesn’t look like you,” Jaejoong said as he caressed Changmin’s back.
 
“No. He looks like his Dada.”
 
“Not really. I guess. He looks like a doll.”
 
“Let’s go home today. We both need a good night’s sleep and Jyuni misses us.”
 
Jaejoong sighed. “I know. I just hate leaving him here. What if he thinks we abandoned him?”
 
“He’s not going to think that. He’s going to sleep and eat. Just like he has been doing. And three weeks will go by like that. He’ll be home sooner than you think.”
 
Jaejoong nodded. He knew Yunho was right. He just didn’t want to be far away from his baby. He wanted his family complete and home. He pressed a kiss to his fingers then touched Changmin’s tiny cheek. “I love you, my Changminnie baby. I’ll be here first thing in the morning.” He turned and looked at Yunho. “Let’s go home.”
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
So legit; this is one of the easiest universes I write in. Probably because I can release my fluffy muses and my angsty muses.
 
That being said, I'm gonna take a little break from the 'Forever' universe because I've been neglecting my other stories. So let me update those a bit and then I'll be back here with a fluffy Changmin and the twins story. And a story about house hunting. And I have a couple pre-marriage YunJae stories floating in my head as well.