Birthday Part 2

Forever Shorties

Everyone was still asleep when Jaejoong crawled out of Yunho's bed. There was a small store not far from the campus. He grabbed Yunho's keycard so he won't get locked out. The are was cold, but it hadn't snowed yet. Jaejoong wanted to wake everyone up with fluffy pancakes and fresh orange juice.

 

The kitchen in the dorm was pitiful, but Jaejoong made do. He was singing to himself softly while he mixed up the pancake batter.

 

“You are a really nice voice,” Yunho said from the doorway.

 

“!” Jaejoong jumped, knocking a glass of juice to the floor. “You scared me.”

 

“Sorry. Let me clean that up.” Yunho picked up he glass and wiped up the juice.

 

“I wanted to wake you with birthday breakfast.”

 

“The bed was empty and a little cold.”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “You're a liar.”

 

“Maybe a little. I normally get up early. I was going to roll over and go back to sleep, but you weren't in bed. So I came looking for you.”

 

“About last night...” Jaejoong started.

 

“I know. It shouldn't have gone that far. It wasn't fair to you.”

 

“No it wasn't. And I don't understand why this is so had for you.”

 

“Because it is. I have loved since you tripped over yourself in gym class. And that's kinda terrifying,” Yunho explained.

 

“Why is it so terrifying? I don't understand.”

 

“I have a opportunity to do something that will launch my career.”

 

“That's great. But what does that have to do with us making it official now?”

 

“Come sit down.” Yunho pulled out a chair for Jaejoong. Jaejoong ignored the chair and slid into Yunho's lap.

 

“This sounds like you're breaking up with me before we even date.”

 

“It's complected, but I will graduate with out technically finishing my senior year. If I decide to take this internship.”

 

“Of course you're taking it! That's amazing.”

 

“It's in France. Paris to be exact. Do we really want to date for a year then be separated for a year?” Yunho tucked a strand of Jaejoong's hair behind his ear.

 

“We can manage. It will be hard, but I'll be working by then and I can set up a little apartment for us. And you'll have to get at least a few days off to visit.”

 

“You're taking this awfully well.”

 

“I have to. I'm gonna miss you, of course. But I can't stand in the way of your potential career.”

 

Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong and hugged him tightly. “Thank you for understanding. I really care about you. And I love you so much.”

 

“I love you, too. Now, let me get back to making breakfast. I'm sure the others will be up soon.”

 

“So, completely unrelated question. What's up with Yoochun and Luna?”

 

“Ya know, I really don't know.” Jaejoong shrugged. “I was almost sure they were going to get together, but Yoochun's been acting weird. He dotes on her, but hasn't been as touchy-feely as he normally is.”

 

“Is he dieing? Does he have cancer or something?” Yunho stared at Jaejoong in shock.

 

“Not that I know. When we have movie nights he let's Luna lay on him and they cuddle, but he doesn't kiss her or anything like that.”

 

“Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?” Yunho joked.

 

“It might be,” Jaejoong laughed. “Grab the juice. Breakfast is ready. Let's go wake the others.”

 

The promise of food was more than enough to get everyone up and out of bed.

 

“Yunho, I'm stealing Jaejoong. He needs to cook for me forever,” Luna half moaned as she ate. “This is amazing.”

 

Jaejoong blushed. “Thank you,” he murmured.

 

“So, what are the plans for today?” Yunho asked.

 

“Once Donghae and Sunny get here, we're going to have your official birthday party,” Yoochun smirked.

 

“What do you have planned?” Yunho eyed Yoochun suspiciously.

 

“Absolutely nothing.”

 

“I don't trust you. I know you too well to trust you.”

 

“I'm hurt.” Yoochun placed his hand over his heart. “You wound me.” He winked at Jaejoong.

 

“Oh please. A mack truck couldn't hurt you,” Yunho said and rolled his eyes. “Really, though. What are you planning?”

 

“We're going out for dinner, then coming back here for cake, presents and booze. I brought some of the good stuff.”

 

“Don't even think about it. I don't like how much you serve Jaejoong. And it always ends in weirdness,” Yunho scolded.

 

“We're not going to go crazy. Just a few drinks among friends.”

 

“I'll keep an eye on the bartender,” Luna said with a soft laugh. “For now, I brought cards, so who wants to play?”

 

Jaejoong sat on Yunho's desk and shuffled. Yoochun pulled up a chair and a card table.

 

“The only way I'm doing this is if I'm the banker,” Jaejoong said.

 

“Hell no. You cheat,” Yoochun accused.

 

“Cheating at baccarat is near impossible. I can't count or stack cards so shut up.” Jaejoong continued to shuffle the cards.

 

“You just think you're hot because one of your sisters is a dealer at that new casino.”

 

“That would be my niece, genius. And of course I'm hot.” Jaejoong smirked.

 

“Okay, smart-. Deal.”

 

“Okay. Player's card. Banker's card.”

 

“Don't be all fancy, just deal,” Yoochun barked.

 

“Sorry,” Jaejoong said, sarcastically. “Trying to be professional.”

 

Yunho and Siwon laughed at the 'fight' between Yoochun and Jaejoong. “Today, children. We would actually like to play,” Yunho scolded with a laugh. His hand found its way into Jaejoong's hair. He played with the silky strands and smiled.

 

Yunho laid back down on his bed and watched the intense game. Yoochun was a terrible loser and had the worst luck most of the time.

 

“Banker wins. Again. Are you ready to give up yet?” Jaejoong asked after more than an hour.

 

“No. I need to win. Deal again.”

 

Jaejoong sighed. “If we were in a casino, I would have all your money.” Jaejoong dealt the cards. “Player, natural 6. Banker, natural 9. Banker wins.”

 

“Yoochun, give up already,” Siwon laughed. He bowed out of the game a few hands in.

 

“Fine. Donghae and Sunny will be here soon anyway. I still think Jaejoong cheats.”

 

Jaejoong crawled onto Yunho's bed and stretched out next to Yunho. “I think you're delusional. There is literally no possible way to cheat at baccarat short of planting a camera on the dealer and counting cards.”

 

Yunho tried to hide his laughter behind his hand. He loved watching Jaejoong and Yoochun harass each other. He rolled on to his side and yawned.

 

“God, you're lazy,” Jaejoong complained as Yunho used him as a pillow.

 

“Yup. I work hard all week in my classes and it's my birthday.”

 

Jaejoong ran his hand over Yunho's shoulder. “So, you're going to sleep all day.”

 

“Yup, cuddled up next to you because you're warm and smell good.” Yunho nuzzled Jaejoong's neck and sighed deeply. He could fall asleep easily, curled around Jaejoong.

 

“Well don't. Like Yoochun said, Donghae and Sunny will be here soon and we're going out for dinner. So we all have to get ready.” Jaejoong untangled himself from Yunho. He stood in front of Yunho's closet, thumbing through the clothes. “Here. Wear these.”

 

Yunho took the clothes Jaejoong had picked. He had to admit, Jaejoong's sense of fashion was far more advanced than his own. He dressed quickly. “What are you gonna wear?”

 

“It's a surprise. Mostly because I need to go buy a new outfit. Yoochun and I are gonna meet you guys at the restaurant after we change.”

 

 

 

Yunho stood in front of the restaurant waiting anxiously. Everyone else was already seated in a booth deciding on what to order for dinner. His heart was pounding as he watched Yoochun pull up. Jaejoong stepped out of the car and Yunho's jaw dropped. Jaejoong looked amazing in a pair of dark blue slacks, a white tank top and a lighter blue button up shirt. It was a simple outfit, but it made Jaejoong look much more mature than he was.

 

“Wow! You look amazing!” Yunho jogged up to Jaejoong and Yoochun.

 

“Thanks.” Jaejoong smirked and removed his sunglasses. “Let's go eat.”

 

Yunho slipped his hand into Jaejoong's. Six months really didn't make that much of a difference, in the long run. He thought about just giving in, skipping diner with his friends and taking Jaejoong back to the dorm.

 

Yoochun slid into the booth next to Luna. “Mission A is a go.”

 

Luna smiled and gave Yoochun a thumbs up. They had been planning every moment of this trip in hopes of making Yunho realize he was being silly.

 

Jaejoong didn't want to let go of Yunho's hand as they at the table. He gave Yunho's hand a quick squeeze and smiled. He wanted the dinner to be over quickly so they could get back to the and give Yunho presents.

 

The dinner was wonderful. The conversation was even better. Yunho counted himself as so lucky to have such a loving group of friends. He touched Jaejoong's thigh every so often through out the meal.

 

Yunho was almost by the end of the meal. He rested his head on Jaejoong's shoulder and smiled. The drive back to the dorm was quiet and subdued, definitely an oddity for the group.

 

Yoochun ushered Yunho to a chair and poured him a drink. He passed a drink to everyone else in the room as they gathered around Yunho.

 

“To Yunho, for surviving another year. And being a great friend. Happy birthday, Baby,” Yoochun said with a smile.

 

“To Yunho!” everyone shouted and downed their drinks.

 

“Thank you. And don't call me 'Baby'.”

 

“You injure my heart,” Yoochun tease. “But that's besides the point. It's time for presents.”

 

Yoochun handed Yunho the first gift. “This is from Luna and Sunny.”

 

“We hope you like it. You're really hard to shop for,” Luna said with a smile.

 

Yunho tore into the paper and smiled. He had been eying a new set of brushes for a while, but couldn't bring himself to replace his old ones. “Thanks girls. These are great.” He reached out to hug Sunny and Luna tightly.

 

“Happy birthday, Sweetie.” Sunny kissed Yunho's cheek.

 

“Next is from Siwon.”

 

Yunho opened the package. He wasn't surprised by the small silver cross necklace. “It's beautiful, thank you.”

 

“You're welcome,” Siwon said shyly.

 

“This is from me and a few others. Luna's right you are really hard to shop for, so I took up a collection and we got you something really nice.” Donghae handed Yunho a small box. “Sorry it's not wrapped.”

 

“Oh wow...” Yunho pulled out the silver ring. “This is amazing.” The band had an intricate knot work design. Yunho slipped the ring on. It fit perfectly.

 

“Last, but certainly not least is from me and Jaejoong. Ours kind of go together.” Yoochun passed Yunho the gifts.

 

“These are perfect. Thank you!” Yunho said as he opened the gifts. “This is great, Jaejoong. I've wanted it for the longest time. Yoochun, thanks.” He set the easel and organizer on his desk. He pulled Jaejoong close for a hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

The group relaxed and drank, listening to music and talking and laughing. Yunho kept a close eye on how much Jaejoong was drinking.

 

“Let's go for a walk,” Yunho whispered into Jaejoong's ear. Jaejoong nodded and followed Yunho out of the dorm.

 

“It's really cold out here.” Jaejoong rubbed his arms, fighting back a shiver.

 

“Yeah it is.” Yunho grabbed Jaejoong's hands. “We have a lot to talk about.”

 

“I know. I'll be better, about boundaries and stuff. I'll sleep on the floor or with someone else tonight. I bet Luna will share a bed with me.”

 

“I don't want you to. I mean, I want you to share my bed.”

 

“But it's not fair. To either of us. We have to wait, six more months. Then we can be official. Even though I think that's a little ridiculous.”

 

“It is. And I think we should stop kidding ourselves.” Yunho pulled Jaejoong close. “Look, I'm gonna be honest here. I want you and I still feel a little weird dating a 15 year old...”

 

“Almost 16.”

 

“Almost 16,” Yunho chuckled. “My point, is that this is stupid and we're just torturing ourselves. I'm trying to be some noble good person. And all it's doing is forcing us into situations were we end up going too far and making things awkward between us.”

 

“So... What are you saying?” Jaejoong bit his lip.

 

“What I'm saying is, we aren't 'officially' dating, but I don't want things to feel weird when we snuggle and kiss or fall asleep cuddling.”

 

“So, I can kiss now, right?” Jaejoong smirked.

 

“Yeah, you can kiss me now.” Yunho pulled Jaejoong close. The kiss was soft and slow; the lightest touch of lips. Yunho slid his hands up Jaejoong's back and into his hair. He nipped at Jaejoong's lips and deepened the kiss. Jaejoong pulled away first. He hugged Yunho tightly as it started to snow gently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hihi!! So I'm sitting on 6 short stories that I've started for this universe. I have no idea how long any of them are going to be so I'm asking ya'll which one you want me to finish next.

1) Changmin centric- he's 16 and acting out

2) YunJae's 25th anniversary in Paris

3) Hyobin and Yoochun bonding

4) Yunho is upset and he and Jae take a vacation

5) Jaejoong dealing with Changmin and the twins as babies

6) A huge fight between Yunho and Jaejoong

I just need some guidance so I can reign in my muses a little bit.