Dada Keeps the Family Sane

Forever Shorties

Yunho collapsed on the sofa, too exhausted to climb the stairs to his bed. He d for his phone. Before he passed out he wanted to send a text to Jaejoong. He owed Jaejoong something expensive and shiny.

 

Yunho couldn't figure out how Jaejoong chased three toddlers around all day. He was almost asleep when he felt a light tug on his pants. Moonbin climbed up onto the sofa and laid his head on Yunho's hip.

 

“Hey, Pumpkin-face. I thought you were asleep.” Yunho caressed Moonbin's pudgy cheek. Moonbin smiled. He crawled on to Yunho's chest and snuggled down.

 

“I guess you're not tired. Well, I am, so let's go to bed.” Yunho carried Moonbin back to his room. Transitioning the twins from cribs to regular beds was nerve-wrecking for Yunho. He was convinced one of the twins would fall out of bed and hurt themselves.

 

Yunho tucked Moonbin and gave him a kiss. He checked on Hyobin and Changmin and crawled into bed. He sighed. He checked his phone. Jaejoong hadn't texted him back.

 

He didn't sleep a wink. As much as he wanted to call Jaejoong, Yunho knew his husband was very busy.

 

Yunho wandered around the house, tidying up little things, dusting the shelves of pictures and putting toys away. He had no idea how the kids accumulated so many toys. He shrugged it off and continued around the house.

 

His phone buzzed in his pocket. He smiled when he read the message from Jaejoong. 'I know it's late at home, but I just wanted to say goodnight. I love you and I'll be home in just a few more days. Give my babies big hugs and kisses and take a few for yourself.'

 

'I'm still awake. I love you too.' Yunho sent the message. His phone rang a second.

 

“Hey, you,” he whispered into the phone.

 

“Why aren't you sleeping? It's almost 4 am and you have work in the morning. Go to sleep,” Jaejoong scolded.

 

“I just can't sleep with out you here. I miss you and I'm worried about you.”

 

“Why? I'm fine. Everything is going okay. Well, as okay as it can go when merging three companies into one. I really hate that work sends me to do these things. This wasn't in my job description.”

 

“It's because you're a genius and good with people. When are you gonna be home?”

 

“The day after tomorrow. We should hang up so you can get some sleep. I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”

 

Yunho dragged himself up the stairs and flopped down on Jaejoong's side of the bed. He took a deep breath and imaged he was laying on Jaejoong's chest.

 

Yunho missed his husband and never really realized how difficult it was to sleep with out him. He rolled on to his back and stared at the ceiling. It was easy to forget how huge their bed was.

 

Yunho was almost asleep when his alarm clock rang. He sat up and groaned. He called Yoochun to find out what his day looked like as far as meetings.

 

All Yunho really wanted to do was stay home and try to sleep a bit more. His morning routine was normally; help Jaejoong get the kids up, see Jyuni off to the bus stop, grabbing a quick cup of coffee and heading to the office.

 

Without Jaejoong there, everything nearly fell apart. Changmin wouldn't stop crying, the twins ran through the house like horses on speed and Jyuni almost had a melt down over a missing shoe.

 

There weren't enough gods in the universe to thank when Yunho's mother showed to watch the kids for the day. He kissed Hyobin, Moonbin and Changmin goodbye and promised to be home early.

 

 

 

Dinner was sitting on the table by the time Yunho got home from work. Changmin was picking at his food and the twins were eating happily. Jyuni had already finished and went up to her room to do her homework.

 

“Sorry. I couldn't get out earlier. I got in a meeting,” Yunho said.

 

“It's okay. We had fun today,” his mom said, brightly.

 

“One more day and Jaejoong will be home. Are you excited, Hyobin?”

 

Hyobin smiled and nodded quickly. “Me, too. Me, too,” Moonbin shouted.

 

“How about you, Changminnie? Are you excited to see Dada?”

 

“Yeah,” Changmin said softly. Yunho ran his hand through Changmin's hair.

 

“Your hair's getting a bit long. You need another hair cut.”

 

Changmin whimpered slightly. He didn't like hair cuts. He didn't like being touched by anyone other than his family. He leaned into his father's touch.

 

“I'm going to get going, unless you need anything,” Mrs. Jung said. She hung the apron up on the hook near the fridge.

 

“We should be good. I just have to get the kids to bed.”

 

“I'll see you in the morning.” Mrs. Jung kissed the twins and Changmin on the head.

 

Yunho cleaned up the kitchen. First order of business was baths. The twins were easy. They loved bath time. They loved sloshing the water around and making sure Yunho got just as wet as they did.

 

Changmin was another story all together. Everything in his life was a major trauma with out Jaejoong. Yunho waited until the last moment possible to give Changmin his bath.

 

“Come on, Changmin. It's bath time, then bedtime,” Yunho said soothingly. “Please don't make this hard tonight.”

 

Changmin sat on the floor, fat tears gathering at the edges of his eyes. He whimpered and hiccuped trying not to cry.

 

“Changminnie, no. Please don't cry. Come here. Don't cry.” Yunho lifted Changmin up and cuddled his closely. “Do you want to shower with me? Then, you can sleep on Dada's side tonight.”

 

Changmin nodded, a few tears slipping out of his eyes. He tried to cling to Yunho.

 

“I need to put you down to get the shower ready.” Yunho set Changmin on the floor and the shower. He pulled off his clothes and undressed Changmin.

 

The water was perfectly warm and Yunho sighed as he stepped into the spray. He washed Changmin quickly, not wanting to delay bedtime any more than it already was.

 

Changmin sat on the floor, wrapped up in a fluffy pink towel while Yunho finished his shower quickly.

 

Yunho laughed when he stepped out of the shower; Changmin was practically asleep in a towel cocoon. He scooped his son up and carried him to the bedroom. After dressing him in a pair of underwear and one of Jaejoong's t-shirts.

 

Yunho said his prayers and climbed into bed. Changmin rolled on to his back, deeply sleeping and snoring softly. Yunho kissed Changmin's forehead. One more day until Jaejoong was home. Yunho couldn't wait.

 

The next morning went much more smoothly than the day before. No existential crises, no fussiness over breakfast, and Yunho was able to get out of the door and to the office on time.

 

Yunho sat on in his office playing with his tablet. He should have been drawing up the new ad for a men's wear store, but instead he was sketching a portrait of Jaejoong.

 

He looked up when he heard a soft knock on the door. “Come in,” he called.

 

“Have you had lunch, yet?” Jaejoong stepped into the office carrying a large bag of food.

 

“Jae! When did you get home?” Yunho ran to Jaejoong and threw his arms around his husband.

 

“About an hour after you left for work. We finished up early and I got a really early flight. I wanted to surprise you at home. So I decided to come bring you lunch instead.” Jaejoong slid his hands under Yunho's jacket and took a deep breath. Jaejoong loved the spicy warm scent of Yunho's skin. He placed a line of kisses up Yunho's neck and across his jaw.

 

Jaejoong's fingers worked quickly removing Yunho's tie.

 

“Jae?” Yunho questioned.

 

“What?” Jaejoong leaned back.

 

“I thought you didn't...”

 

“Don't think about it. I've been gone for a week and I missed my lover. Join me on the sofa.” Jaejoong stretched out on the sofa and waited for Yunho. He smiled seductively as Yunho followed him across the room.

 

“Jaejoong, I can't even begin to tell you how much I've missed you.” Yunho laid own on top of Jaejoong. “I swear to god, I never understood how difficult it is for you at home. I'm so sorry for everything. I love you so much.” Yunho threaded his hands into Jaejoong's velvety dark hair.

 

“I take it everything didn't run as smoothly as you thought it would,” Jaejoong said with a laugh.

 

“No. It's wasn't horrible, but I never realized how calm and level you keep us all.” Yunho peppered Jaejoong's face with tiny kisses.

 

Jaejoong laughed and kissed Yunho back. He nuzzled against Yunho neck and sighed. He was glad to be home. He was glad to be in Yunho's arms. He kissed Yunho's lips and smiled. “Thank you,” he whispered.

 

Yunho scooted down and rested his head on Jaejoong's chest. “I need a nap. I'm gonna take a nap.”

 

“Okay. I'm gonna take a nap, too.” Jaejoong carded his fingers in to Yunho's hair and shut his eyes. There was nothing better than being home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI!!! My first update since getting my job!! I love my new job, but it's a little stressful because of this one person and her "crew". Other than that though, it's a lot of fun. I hope everyone's doing well. I love you!!!!!!!!