New Babies Part 1

Forever Shorties
Jaejoong was at his wits end. The twins were barely 3 months old and colicky, so very colicky. He was rocking Moonbin slowly, trying to calm his son. Hyobin was still in her bassinette, still crying, but not screeching like Moonbin was. Changmin was sitting on the floor, hysterical. 
 
He laid Moonbin on the center of the bed and pick up Changmin. He was easier to calm down and if Jaejoong could get him to sleep, he could concentrate on the twins.
 
“Changminnie, Sweetie, the twins are just being fussy right now. Dada needs you to calm down and take a nap. Daddy will be home soon for lunch, okay?”
 
Changmin nodded. He clung to Jaejoong and pressed his wet face to his Dada’s neck. “Sorry Dada.”
 
“It’s okay Sweetie. Just lay down and sleep.” Jaejoong laid Changmin on the bed and kissed his forehead.
 
He pick Moonbin back up and walked from one end of the apartment to the other. It was getting crowded in their apartment and Jaejoong couldn’t wait to move. If they could ever close on the house. Jaejoong added that to the list of things he had to worry about.
 
“Good, you’re home,” Jaejoong said as Yunho opened the door. “Here, Take Moonbin. I’m gonna go get Hyobin. Changmin’s asleep on the bed.”
 
“Nice to see you too, Jaejoong. Have they been fed?”
 
“Not for a couple hours. They should want to be fed again soon. I’ve been dealing with screaming babies all day. I haven’t sat down yet… Whoa…” Jaejoong staggered.
 
“Jae? You okay?” Yunho held Jaejoong around the waist to steady him. “You haven’t eaten yourself yet, have you?”
 
“Haven’t had time.”
 
“Sit down. I’ll make lunch. Do you want to give the twins formula?” Yunho helped Jaejoong to a chair in the kitchen.
 
“No, I’ll feed them once I eat.” Jaejoong took Moonbin back from Yunho. “I gave them formula earlier and they were pissed at me.”
 
“They’re just colicky.” Yunho went to the bedroom and got Hyobin out of her bassinette. She had stopped crying the moment Yunho touched her. He checked to make sure Changmin was still fast asleep on the bed.
 
“She stopped crying. Finally.” Jaejoong adjust Moonbin in his arms so he could take Hyobin from Yunho. “When is this going to stop?”
 
“Soon. Remember how bad it was with Jyuni?”
 
“Don’t remind me. It’s worse with two.”
 
Yunho began cooking a light lunch. He was always worried about Jaejoong’s diet and tendency to forget to eat, so he made sure he came home for lunch.
 
Jaejoong ed his shirt. He fed Moonbin first; he was the fussier of the twins and Jaejoong didn’t want to hear the baby’s ear-piercing scream.
 
“We didn’t have this problem with Changmin. Maybe it’s because they’re twins. They share that weird psychic bond made to drive parents crazy.”
 
Jaejoong rolled his eyes.
 
“Here. Is everything alright?”
 
Jaejoong handed Moonbin to Yunho so he could eat and fed Hyobin at the same time. “Why wouldn’t everything be okay?”
 
“Well, you’re here with three babies. I worry about you getting over stressed. Mom said she’d come over every day to help out if you needed her.”
 
“Are you suggesting I can’t take care of our children?”
 
“No. I’m saying you are taking care of a toddler and two infants and it’s okay if you want help. With the twins being so fussy. Baby, by the time I get home in the evening you’re so tired. I just want you to be alright. It hurts to see you so ragged.”
 
“We’re doing fine. I’m fine.”
 
“Jaejoongie, promise me you’ll get some help if you need it. I love you.”
 
“I love you, too. Will you put the twins in the crib for me?”
 
 
Yunho smiled as he laid the twin in the crib. He was anxious to get the house so they could each have their own crib. He felt guilty putting both babies in to one.
 
“Daddy!” Changmin said as he sat up on the bed.
 
“Hey Buddy,” Yunho picked up Changmin. “Ready for lunch?”
 
“Yeah.” Changmin fought against Yunho and slid from his arms.
 
“Okay. Go find Dada and he’ll give you lunch.”
 
Changmin scurried down the hall and into the kitchen. He sat on the floor by Jaejoong’s feet.
 
Jaejoong lifted Changmin on to his lap. He fed Changmin some grapes and strawberries. Changmin was suddenly a fussy eater and wouldn’t eat anything but fruit.
 
“The babies are asleep. For now.”
 
“I give them 15 minutes and they’ll be screaming again. I’ll call your mom later and see if she could come over tomorrow and help me out.”
 
“Thank you. I just want you to be okay.”
 
“I know. I’m stubborn. You’re gonna be late getting back.”
 
Yunho glanced at his watch. “Crap. I’ll be home early tonight. No later than 4:30.” He bent down and kissed Changmin’s head. “I love you.”
 
“I love you, too.” Jaejoong laid his hand on Yunho’s neck and pulled him close. He kissed Yunho softly.
 
Just as Yunho turned to leave the quiet was disrupted by an ear-piercing scream.
 
“Go to work. I’ll take care of it.” Jaejoong sounded tired.
 
“I can stay. I only have a few things to do and I can finish them tomorrow.”
 
“No. You shouldn’t be out of the office so much.” Jaejoong placed Changmin on the floor. “Go play in the living room for a minute, Minnie.”
 
“Jae?”
 
“I’m fine; just go to work.” Jaejoong started crying. He didn’t know why; he just broke down.
 
“Jaejoongie.” Yunho rushed to his side. “I’m not going back in. They can deal with out me for an afternoon. I need to take care of you.”
 
“I’m fine!” Jaejoong said as he slapped Yunho’s shoulder. “Go to work.”
 
“Baby, you’re not okay. Stay here for a minute and I’ll go check the babies.” Yunho pulled out his phone, called his secretary and rescheduled all his meetings for later in the week. He wanted a few days to stay home and take care of Jaejoong.
 
Moonbin was still screaming when Yunho entered the nursery. “Why so sad, Binnie?” Yunho lifted his son and quickly found the reason for the screams. “What is your Dada feeding you? Let’s get you changed.”
 
Yunho thanked every god he knew that Jihee had given him a crash course in ‘baby’ when Jyuni was born. He could change a diaper faster than Jaejoong now. He made a mental note to talk to the pediatrician about Moonbin’s bowl movements.
 
Yunho swaddled him back up and placed him in the crib. Hyobin was still sleeping peacefully. Yunho left slowly, determined not to wake the babies.
 
Jaejoong was still crying at the table.
 
“Jaejoongie? Talk to me, Baby.”
 
“I’m not…” Jaejoong hiccupped.
 
“It’s not PPD?” Yunho asked cautiously.
 
Jaejoong shook his head. “I don’t think so. I’m tired. So very ing tired.”
 
Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s shoulders. “It’s okay. Why don’t you go sleep for a while. I’m here. I’m not going back to work today. I might stay home tomorrow to.”
 
Jaejoong buried his head into Yunho’s stomach. He just wanted to be touched and held. He nodded; a nap sounded fantastic. He didn’t flinch when Yunho picked him up and carried him to the bedroom.
 
“Just sleep. The twins are asleep and Changmin’s still playing. I’ll come get you for dinner.”
 
“I’m sorry,” Jaejoong said with a tear-strained voice. Tears flowed down his cheeks. Yunho wiped the tears away as best could.
 
“Don’t be.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’s neck and shoulder. “Rest. I’m taking the baby monitor, so nothing should disturb you.”
 
 
“Thanks for coming so quickly, Mom.”
 
“No problem. How bad is it?” Mrs. Jung picked up Changmin and settled him on her lap.
 
“He cried himself to sleep. He says he doesn’t feel depressed, just tired.”
 
“That’s understandable. You have twins, now. It’s hard enough with one infant. I can’t imagine two and a toddler.”
 
“I want him to go talk to his therapist soon. Just to make sure.”
 
“That’s a good idea. I’ll stay tonight and make dinner. Do you want me to come tomorrow too?”
 
“Yeah. I know Jae could use the help. I’ll be here too. I might take him out for a few hours. Just to get him away from everything.”
 
“I’m sure he’ll like that. I’m gonna go peek at the babies. Hyobin looks so much like Jaejoong.”
 
“Ya think?” Yunho hadn’t been able to see any resemblance to either of them in the twins; they just looked like babies to him.
 
“Oh yeah. His mother showed me his baby pictures. She looks just like him. Moonbin looks like a cross between the two of you. I think he’s going to have you lips and Jaejoong’s eyes. Which means he’s going to be heartbreakingly beautiful.”
 
Yunho smirked. He did have a good-looking family; Jaejoong was an angel, Jyuni was growing up so pretty and Changmin was one of the cutest toddlers at the park. And already a ladies-man. All the little girls wanted to play with him every time they went to the park. Changmin just ate up the attention. He was sure the twins were going to be just as adorable.
 
Yunho walked into the nursery, which double as Jaejoong’s office. The twins were fast asleep, finally. They had been so fussy since the day they brought them home from the hospital. He called his office back. There was no way he was going in to work before Monday.
 
“Yunho?”
 
“Is everything really okay?”
 
“Yeah. Jae’s just tired. I’m sure once the twins get over this fussy, colicky phase we’ll both get more sleep.”
 
“Are you sure it’s not the PPD?”
 
“Yes, I’m sure. It wasn’t as bad with Changmin. Mom, you forget that Jae was only 18 when Jyuni was born. He really was still just a kid himself. He had to grow up really fast. It was really hard on him.”
 
“I just worry. He’s very sensitive.”
 
“I know. I’ve already call the office and they know I’m not coming back in until Monday.”
 
“That’s good. Jaejoong needs you right now. And you need to watch him closely. We don’t want him to get to the state he was in with Jyuni.”
 
Yunho contemplated his mother’s words. He was sure Jaejoong was fine, just very tired. He felt a gentle tug on his pants. He looked down and saw Changmin sitting at his feet.
 
“He little Buddy. What’s up?”
 
“Daddy up!”
 
Yunho picked up Changmin up and cuddled him close.
 
“Where Dada?” Changmin rested his head on Yunho’s shoulder.
 
“He’s taking a nap. Dada is very tired and needs us to be quiet for the rest of the afternoon.”
 
“Nap, too!”
 
“You want to take a nap with Dada? You just woke up from a nap.”
 
“Nap,” Changmin said again. He wanted to lay down with his parents. He never got to sleep with them anymore. The babies cried all through out the night.
 
“Yunho, why do you go take a nap too. I’ll watch take care of the twins and you just rest.”
 
 
Yunho carried Changmin to the bedroom and placed him on the center of the bed. He crawled closer to Jaejoong and laid his head on Jaejoong’s arm. His Dada was always warm and soft to lay on.
 
Jaejoong was fast asleep. He barely stirred when Yunho slid into the bed behind him. Yunho pulled a light summer blanket over the three of them and fell asleep.
 
It was the first real, uninterrupted sleep he or Jaejoong got in a long time. Yunho felt horrible that he wasn’t home more often to help. He could take the time off; one of the perks of being the CEO of your own company. He had enough people that could keep it running perfectly.
 
 
Yunho only slept for about an hour, but he stayed in bed and watched Jaejoong and Changmin sleep. They looked so peaceful. Changmin, more than Jyuni had been, was attached to Jaejoong. Almost clingy at times. Changmin just didn’t like to be separated from Jaejoong. He nearly had a break down when Jaejoong had the twins and had to stay in the hospital for three days.
 
“Daddy?” Jyuni’s soft voice broke the silence of the room.
 
“Hey Princess.”
 
“Can I come lay down too?”
 
“Of course.” Yunho watched Jyuni move to the other side of the bed and lay down next to Changmin.
 
“Why’s Grammy here?”
 
“Dada and I need help with the twins.”
 
“Because they cry so much. Why do they cry so much?” Jyuni rubbed Changmin’s back as she spoke.
 
“Because that’s what babies do sometimes.”
 
“What are we having for dinner? I’m hungry.”
 
“I don’t know. Maybe we can get Grammy to cook.”
 
“I’m gonna go ask her.” Jyuni slid from the bed and ran to the living room.
 
 
“I love you, Grammy. You’re a better cook than Daddy.” Yunho could hear Jyuni’s voice from the living room. Jaejoong and Changmin were still sleeping and Yunho was starting to get hungry. He went to check on his mother and daughter.
 
“Thanks. I try hard you know.”
 
“I’ve tried so many times to teach your Daddy how to cook. He’s just bad at it.”
 
“Hey! That’s not nice. Mom, you just don’t have any patience for me.”
 
“I’m glad Grammy’s cooking.”
 
“I’ll go get them,” Yunho said when he heard the baby monitor crackle with the twins cries.
 
Yunho picked up Hyobin first and changed her. She was much less fussy than he brother. ‘So much for boys being easier,’ Yunho thought. He check Moonbin’s diaper and found he was clean and dry. He carried them both to the kitchen
 
Yunho’s mother took Hyobin from him. She bounced her new granddaughter slightly. “Dinner’s almost finish. Does Jaejoong fed the babies before or after he eats?”
 
“Usually after. It’s better for his system. I’ll go get him.”
 
Yunho hated the thought of waking Jaejoong up. He was sleeping so peacefully and it was obvious that he needed the extra rest.
 
“Jaejoongie. Wake up, dinner’s ready.”
 
“Yeah. I’ll be out in a minute. Take Minnie to eat.” Jaejoong passed Changmin to Yunho and laid back down on the pillow.
 
“Don’t fall back asleep. You need to come eat. And the babies need to eat too.”
 
“Just bring the food and the babies to me.”
 
“Okay.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’s forehead. “Are you feeling okay?”
 
“I’m still tired.”
 
“You just feel warm. I’m gonna get Changmin settled in the kitchen, then I want to take your temp.”
 
Yunho made sure Changmin and Jyuni were settled and eating before going back to the room. Jaejoong had fallen back to sleep. Yunho sat on the edge of the bed and gently shook Jaejoong’s shoulder.
 
“Let me sleep.”
 
“Let me take your temp and eat a little, then you can go back to sleep.”
 
Jaejoong sighed and rolled over on to Yunho’s lap. He had never been so grateful for a tympanic thermometer. He was so worn out, he didn’t want to move.
 
“You’re a little high. I’ll bring you something to eat. Mom cooked, so it’ll be good.”
 
“Thanks.” Jaejoong smiled weakly. He sat up in bed.
 
“You’re exhausted, so it’s no wonder you’re getting sick.” Yunho fed Jaejoong slowly.
 
“I know. I don’t feel sick, just so tired.”
 
“Changmin is really great with the twins. Mom’s giving them formula right now and Minnie’s just sitting next to her, rubbing Moonbin’s cheek. Every time Hyobin makes a noise he checks on her.”
 
“He’s a good brother. I was worried there was gonna be some kind of rivalry. They are so close in age.”
 
“Same. But he seems to be adjusting well. He’s a bit of a Dada’s boy, though. I’m surprised he hasn’t made his way back in here yet,” Yunho chuckled.
 
“Give him time.” Jaejoong laid back. “I’m really not hungry.”
 
“I’m gonna go get you some Tylenol. Let’s see if we can break this fever before it gets too bad. I’ll be home until Monday.”
 
“Yunho! It’s only Tuesday. You can’t take a week off!”
 
“I have new babies and a sick husband. I also own the company. I can do what ever the I want.”
 
“Yunho,” Jaejoong warned.
 
“It’s alright, Jae. I promise. I have one of the best staffs on the planet. They can handle a week with out me.”
 
“Are you sure? I just don’t want your business to suffer. You had a lot of important meetings this week.”
 
“I rescheduled and explained. Most of my partners are older and have children of their own, so they understand.”
 
“If you say so. I’m really fine. I’m just tired.”
 
“That’s why I’m staying home this week. I need to help out more. And Mom’s gonna be here too. So your main objective is to rest this week. Mom even said she’d spend the night so we both can get a full night’s sleep.”
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I was going to take a break from this universe, but goddammit! Plot bunnies. Plot bunnies everywhere. I can't control them and they keep breeding!!!
 
Anyway. I hope everyone's day is going well and I hope ya'll are happy! ^__^