Morning Sickness Part 3

Forever Shorties

Yunho woke first and untangled himself from around Jaejoong. He waited at the stop for Jyuni and settled her down to do her homework and watch a little TV while Jaejoong slept.

 

“Is Dada okay?” Jyuni asked.

 

“Yeah. He's just really tired. Having a baby is hard on him sometimes. We need to be really quiet so he can sleep.”

 

“Okay. Can I go give him a hug?”

 

“Let's wait until he wakes up. What would you like for dinner?”

 

“Pizza!” Jyuni smiled up at Yunho.

 

“I don't think Dada can handle pizza tonight. How about baked chicken, broccoli and mashed potatoes?”

 

“Yes! That's even better.”

 

Yunho kissed Jyuni's cheek. “Go get washed up and then we can make dinner.”

 

Yunho loved cooking with Jyuni. She was patient and listened to instructions well. Her favorite part was shaking the chicken and bread crumbs in the bag. He put the broccoli on the stove to steam and began to boil the potatoes.

 

“Dinner's almost ready. Let's go wake up Dada, gently.”

 

Jyuni smiled. She and Yunho waked into the master bedroom hand in hand. Jyuni climbed up on the bed and kissed Jaejoong's cheek.

 

“Dada. Time for dinner,” she whispered close to his ear.

 

“Hey, Jyuni-Bug.” Jaejoong hugged his daughter close and slowly opened his eyes. “What's for dinner?”

 

“Chicken and broccoli and potatoes. I helped cook!” Jyuni said proudly.

 

“It's almost ready. How are you feeling?” Yunho carded his hand into Jaejoong's hair.

 

“Better. Much less tired now. Apparently, I needed like 20 hours of sleep,” Jaejoong said with a laugh. He sat up and stretched.

 

Yunho ushered them to the kitchen. He set the table while Jaejoong mashed the potatoes. Jyuni chatted happily about her day. Yunho smiled as he watched his family eat, even though Jaejoong just picked at the potatoes and broccoli. Jyuni devoured her dinner quickly.

 

“Go sit down. Jyuni and I will clear the table.” Yunho kissed the top of Jaejoong's head.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Jaejoong watched Yunho and Jyuni clean up the kitchen. He flipped through the channels, looking for anything interesting to hold his attention. He wasn't feeling ill yet, so he relaxed a little. He had a slight headache, but he didn't feel like vomiting.

 

“Jaejoongie, here. It's your vitamin.” Yunho handed Jaejoong a glass of water and two rounded tabs. “Still feeling okay?”

 

“Yeah, much better actually.” Jaejoong swallowed the pills. “Jyuni, did you finish your homework?”

 

“Yes Dada.”

 

“Good. Come watch some TV with me. I think that show you like is coming on soon.”

 

They watched TV together until Jyuni fell asleep, curled against against Jaejoong's chest, her hand rested on his belly.

 

“I got her.” Yunho carried Jyuni to her room.

 

“I was thinking about my appointment tomorrow,” Jaejoong said as they walked to their bedroom.

 

“Yeah. Are you worried about it?”

 

“No. But I might be far enough along to find out the gender. Do we want to do that?”

 

“I don't know. We didn't find out about Jyuni until you were much farther along. You were almost 7 months, right?”

 

“6 and a half. We could find out tomorrow. If we wanted to.”

 

Yunho rubbed Jaejoong's stomach. “If we know, we'll have to pick a name.”

 

“I think I'm having a boy.” Jaejoong laid back against the headboard.

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Everything is different about this pregnancy. I'm more tired, I've been having the weirdest cravings. Like the other day, all I wanted was shaved beef and peanut butter. Nothing else.”

 

Yunho chuckled. He leaned over and pressed a kiss to Jaejoong's stomach. “So you want to find out the gender so we can continue to fight over a name?”

 

“We aren't going to fight. We're naming our son Changmin.”

 

“How about Moonbin. That's a good name, right?”

 

Jaejoong sat up to let Yunho sit behind him. Jaejoong smiled as Yunho held him tightly.

 

“It's an okay name. But I like Changmin better. It's a stronger name, has a better flow to it. Jung Changmin.”

 

“Jung Moonbin is very distinguished.”

 

“At least this isn't a shouting match like it was with Jyuni,” Jaejoong giggled. “I'm ready for bed now. Let's sleep.”

 

“Okay. You can sleep on me. I want to hold you for a little while longer.”

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong to his side and nuzzled his cheek into Yunho's chest.

 

 

 

Yunho woke up the next morning with Jaejoong laying across his chest in the most uncomfortable way. Jaejoong head was tucked against Yunho's right arm and his legs were sprawled over Yunho's left arm.

 

“Jae, it's time to wake up.” Yunho patted Jaejoong's lightly.

 

“No.” Jaejoong rolled up higher on Yunho's chest and nuzzled his head against his neck.

 

“We need to get ready for your appointment.” Yunho sat up slowly, cradling Jaejoong close.

 

“I wanna sleep more.”

 

Yunho rubbed Jaejoong's back. “Come shower with me.” Yunho carried Jaejoong to the bathroom.

 

“Oh god. Put me down, I'm gonna be sick.”

 

Yunho held Jaejoong as he emptied his stomach into the toilet.

 

“Better?” Yunho kissed Jaejoong's shoulder.

 

“Yeah. I was hoping I was over this.” Jaejoong leaned back against Yunho. “Maybe a shower will help.”

 

“Mom will be here in a little bit to get Jyuni ready for the day.”

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong stepped out of his pajama pants and the water. The warm water calmed him. He turned to wash his hair. Yunho stepped into the shower behind Jaejoong. He massaged soap into Jaejoong's back.

 

They took their time in the shower. Yunho touched and kissed Jaejoong softly. Jaejoong stiffed as Yunho's hands slid to his hips.

 

“Relax. I'm not going to do anything. I just like touching you,” Yunho whispered into Jaejoong's ear. Yunho rinsed the soap from his body and turned off the shower. He wrapped Jaejoong up in a warm fluffy towel and smiled. “You look so young.”

 

“I'm only 27.”

 

“Yeah, but you still look like that 16 year old brat that stole my heart.”

 

“I was never a brat,” Jaejoong laughed.

 

“Yeah you were. I love you, though.”

 

Jaejoong kissed Yunho's cheek. “We need to get dressed now.”

 

Yunho's mother was in the kitchen making breakfast for Jyuni and coffee for Yunho. “Jyuni's getting dressed. How are you feeling, Jaejoong?”

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong grabbed a glass of juice and sat down at the table. “Thanks for helping out today.”

 

“You're welcome Dear. Drink more juice and take your vitamin.” She handed Jaejoong the bottle.

 

“Now I know where Yunho gets it.”

 

She laughed and kissed the top of Jaejoong's head. “You're cute.”

 

“He does that too.”

 

“You ready?” Yunho asked as he entered the kitchen. “We don't want to be late.”

 

 

Jaejoong felt nervous as he sat on the cool table, waiting for his doctor.

 

“Hello, Jaejoong. Yunho,” Dr. Han smiled. “Get up on the scale for me.”

 

Jaejoong stepped on the scale and watch Dr. Han slide the weights. She recorded his weight and had him sit back down. She took his blood pressure and temperature.

 

“You're a little underweight for 15 weeks. I want you to gain at least 6 pounds before your next appointment. And I'm a little worried about your blood pressure. You should start limiting your salt intake to get it a lower. How's the nausea?”

 

“I puke every morning and almost every time I eat anything.”

 

“Try eating more carbs like wheat bread. Starches might help too. And it will help you gain weight. Try not eat a lot all at once. I'm not too worried because you're still gaining weight, just not as quickly as you should be.”

 

“Okay. So, am I far enough along to find out the gender?”

 

“Maybe. Lay back and we'll check.” Dr. Han wheeled the ultrasound machine next to the bed and squeezed the gel on to Jaejoong stomach. Yunho held his breath as the picture started to come into focus. Tiny fingers and toes could be counted and Yunho smiled.

 

“You can hear the heart beat... Sort of.” Dr. Han turned up the volume on the machine. “Your baby boy sure is active. I'm practically chasing him around.”

 

“Boy? We're having a boy?” Yunho asked, squeezing Jaejoong's shoulder.

 

“I am 89% sure it's a boy. It's a little early to tell for sure and even then, we aren't 100% sure until birth. But I think it's safe to say you're having a boy.”

 

“That's our little Changmin,” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“Or Moonbin...”

 

Dr. Han laughed. “You have time yet to agree on a name. For what it's worth, I like Jung Changmin myself.”

 

“See, I told you so. Jung Changmin is much better.” Jaejoong stared at the screen, just listening to their baby's heart beat. He jumped when he felt Yunho touch his face.

 

“Are you crying?” Yunho asked softly.

 

“I guess so. I'm really happy. Yunho, that's our baby. We made that.” Jaejoong pulled Yunho closer and kissed his cheek.

 

“I'll print these out for you. Remember, 6 pounds by your next appointment.”

 

Jaejoong nodded. Seeing his baby made all the sickness worth it. Almost. Yunho was right, they were almost half way there. He could handle a few more months. Just a few more months.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here's the last part of this little arch. I hope everyone is doing well today.