And Baby Makes Four Part 3

Forever Shorties
Yunho took a few steadying breaths before calling his mother. He instructed her to meet him at the hospital, though he didn’t give all the details. He didn’t have all the details himself.
 
He walked back into the classroom and up to the teacher. He as calmly as he could explained the situation. Jyuni was staring at her father, scared. She had never felt that kind of nervous energy from him.
 
“Daddy?” she questioned anxiously.
 
“It’s okay, Jyuni. We just need to go right now.” Yunho tried his hardest to keep his voice even. The last thing he wanted to do was upsets his daughter.
 
“Where?” Tears had started to form in her eyes.
 
“It’s going to be okay Jyuni. It’s going to be okay.”
 
Yunho had to constantly remind himself not to break the speed limit. His daughter was in the car and if he got pulled over it would only delay his getting to the hospital.
 
The ER was crowded. Yunho search frantically for his mother.
 
“Yunho!” his mother called to him.
 
“Mom, take Jyuni. I’m going to go find the doctor.” He scared himself with how calm he sounded. The doctor had said Jaejoong had a bad fall. How bad exactly?
 
The triage nurse wasn’t being helpful, only telling Yunho some bull about ‘patient confidentiality’. Jaejoong was his husband, he had the right to talk to the doctor.
 
“Did you talk to the doctor?”
 
“No. The nurse won’t call him. I guess we just have to wait.”
 
“Daddy?” Jyuni’s tear-strained voice cut through the noise of the waiting room.
 
“Jyuni, Dada got hurt. I don’t know anything else, we just have to wait.”
 
Jyuni crawled on to Yunho’s lap and tucked her head under his chin. Fear swirled around her. She wanted to see her Dada. Jyuni cried out; large tears falling from her eyes.
 
Yunho rubbed his daughter’s back, but didn’t say anything. He knew it was better for her to just cry it out. Hell, he wanted to cry right now.
 
“I called Jaejoong’s mother and a couple of his sisters. They should be here soon.”
 
Yunho nodded in response. He hated this; the not knowing his Jaejoongie’s condition. ‘A bad fall’. That was all the doctor had said, ‘a bad fall’.
 
Yunho was wrapped up in his own thoughts that he hadn’t noticed that Jyuni had cried herself to sleep and was hanging limply in his lap.
 
“Have you heard anything yet?” Yunho was snapped from his thoughts by Jihee’s voice. She knelt in front of him, her hand resting on Jyuni’s back.
 
“Not yet. I don’t even know where he is.”
 
“Do you want me to take Jyuni home?”
 
Yunho shook his head. “I’d like you to stay.”
 
Jihee sat in the vacant chair next to Yunho. “Do you know what happened?”
 
“No. Just that Jaejoong fell. The doctor wouldn’t give me any information other than that. And that nurse over there isn’t being helpful at all.”
 
 
“Mr. Jung?” a doctor called almost an hour later.
 
“Yes.” Yunho passed Jyuni to Jihee.
 
“I’m Dr. Park. You husband was brought in earlier. He had fallen at work; down some stairs. He’s in recovery now if you’d like to go see him. He should be awake.”
 
“Is the baby okay?” Yunho asked nervously.
 
“The baby is fine. It was touch and go. But why don’t you go see your husband first and then we’ll talk some more.”
 
Jaejoong was sitting up in the bed, his left arm was wrapped in an Ace bandage.
 
“Jaejoongie?”
 
“It’s just sprained,” Jaejoong’s voice was soft. “Yunho…”
 
“It’s okay Jae. I’m right here.” Yunho sat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s shoulders. “It’s okay.” 
 
“I fell down the stairs,” Jaejoong cried. He buried his head in to Yunho’s neck and cried.
 
“I know. But you’re okay now. And the baby is okay, too.” Yunho scratched Jaejoong’s back gently. “It’s okay.”
 
Jaejoong cried harder. His whole body hurt and he felt like he didn’t deserve Yunho’s kindness. Yunho had told him to stay home today and to just relax. But he insisted he had to go into work.
 
“Mr. Jung, I’d like to talk to you now.”
 
“Alright. Jae, I’ll send in Jihee. Do you want to see Jyuni too?”
 
“Yeah,” Jaejoong replied as he wiped the tears off his face.
 
 
“Jaejoong’s fall was pretty serious. We had to perform an emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. It was very touch and go for most of the surgery. The baby is fine, but I’m concerned about the delivery. There is already scar tissue from the first C-section and after today’s operation there will be more. We may have to induce labor.”
 
“How early?” Yunho stayed calm. People had babies early all the time.
 
“I’m not sure yet. I’m going to put him on full bed rest. If he wants to go anywhere it has to be in a wheelchair and he won’t be allowed to stand or walk for more than 5 minutes at a time. And no lifting anything over 5 lbs.”
 
“How early will he have to be induced?” Yunho repeated his question, more forcefully this time.
 
“As early as two weeks from now. I’d like to try to hold off as long as possible, but with the scarring and the risk of internal bleeding, we might not have that luxury.”
 
“What are the risks to the baby?”
 
“The baby is healthy and progressing normally. The risk for him, yes you are having a boy, are relatively low.”
 
“And for Jaejoong?”
 
“The risks are higher. He could bleed out. He could bleed out if we wait til he’s full term. Hell, he could sneeze and rip the stitched out. He’s also at a higher risk of infection right now. He might not be able to conceive another child after this.”
 
“I see. Jaejoong and I have a lot to talk about. Is there anything else I should know?”
 
“No. Go be with your husband.”
 
 
Yunho walked back into the and smiled despite the news he just heard. Jyuni was laying on the bed on Jaejoong’s right side, barely touching him, but had her tiny hand on his chest over his heart. Jihee was seated in a chair on Jaejoong’s left side.
 
Yunho pulled a chair next to the bed. He decided he would have the long painful talk with Jaejoong later. At that moment he wanted to enjoy a little peace with his family. He took hold of Jaejoong’s right hand and kissed his wrist.
 
“I love you, Jaejoongie.”
 
“I’m sorry. I’ve been so moody for the past 7 months and I’ve picked fights with you over stupid things. I’m sorry. I love you so much.” Jaejoong could feel tears welling in his eyes.
 
“Don’t be sorry, Baby. You’re perfect and you’re going to be just fine. Just rest for right now.”
 
“We’re going to have a boy,” Jaejoong said suddenly.
 
“How do you know?”
 
“I was talking to a nurse when I was waking up. She told me what the surgery was and she told me we’re having a boy. I know you don’t like it, but I really want to name him Changmin.”
 
“I think Changmin is a perfect name.” Yunho leaned forward and kissed Jaejoong on the forehead.
 
“Jihee, can you take Jyuni home. I’m getting tire and Yunho and I need to talk.”
 
“Dada, I want to stay. Please let me stay.” Jyuni snuggled closer to Jaejoong.
 
“Jyuni-Bug, Daddy and I need to talk and you have school in the morning. I want you to eat a good dinner. I’ll be home by the time you get out of school.”
 
 
“Jyuni’s a good kid,” Yunho said as he pulled the door closed.
 
“Yeah she is. We did a good job with her.”
 
“And we’re going to do great with Changmin too.”
 
“Yunho, come sit with me. I want to talk to you.” Jaejoong sat up straighter and held his hands out to Yunho.
 
“How are you feeling? Do you need anything?” Yunho perched on the edge of the bed, afraid, almost to touch Jaejoong.
 
“You’re stalling. I talked to the nurse. I know how bad my surgery was. I know how bad this birth could be.”
 
“You’re going to be fine, Jae.”
 
“I might not be fine. And I need you to make a few promises to me.”
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“I need you to promise that you will tell my babies everyday how much I love them. You need to let yourself be happy… Don’t stay tied to a memory of me. If something…” Jaejoong paused. “If something happens to me, I want you to live a long, happy life.”
 
“Jaejoongie…”
 
“Don’t tell me I’m going to be fine. I might die. We have to face that fact.”
 
“How can you be so calm about this!” Yunho shouted.
 
“Please don’t…” Jaejoong tried to talk. He pulled his knees up to his chest and cried. He wasn’t angry at Yunho. He wasn’t even hurt by Yunho’s reaction. Jaejoong was just scared.
 
“Oh god, I’m sorry.” Yunho pulled on Jaejoong’s arms gently. “Baby, let me hold you.”
 
Jaejoong moved slowly. Every movement hurt, but he wanted to be in Yunho’s arms and on his lap.
 
“I promise Jae, what ever you want me to do. I’ll do it.” he carded his hand through Jaejoong’s hair. “Please don’t cry anymore. Lie back, you need to rest.”
 
“Stay with me. Lay down with me and hold me.” Jaejoong relaxed. His stomach was killing him. Even breathing made it feel like the stitches were being pulled out. Jaejoong rested his head on Yunho’s bicep. “Don’t wake me up if I fall asleep.”
 
“You have to eat at some point.” Yunho tightened his arm around Jaejoong.
 
“Yeah, later. Right now,” Jaejoong took a deep breath. “I just want to be near you.”
 
Yunho chuckled lightly. He stayed awake until he heard Jaejoong’s light snores. He closed his eyes and let himself fall asleep.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This is seriously the first time a chapter wrote itself so quickly. I spent all day yesterday writing. I debated on whether or not to post it today or if I should wait. But I wanted to post it now. One more part and then I'm going to write about the twins.
 
So I have some questions for you, my lovely readers: What should the twins names be? Should they be boys? Girls? One of each? Do you want a story about them as babies or when they're older?
 
I'm also writing a shorty about the Jung family house-hunting, which should be fun.
 
Let me know if there is anything else you want me to write about and I'll put it on my list. ^__^