An Evening at the Lake

Forever Shorties

            “So, what are the sleeping arrangements?” Jaejoong asked.

            “Normally, it’s sleep where you drop, but you and Yunho can take the upstairs bedroom if you want privacy. You can’t be tired yet. Are you?” Yoochun was in the kitchen, popping popcorn and gathering other snacks. “It’s only 9.”

            There was a small wave of laughter at Jaejoong’s expense. Yunho made his way over to his blushing boyfriend and slipped his arms around Jaejoong’s waist.

            “Just let me know when you get tired. I’ll bring you up to bed,” Yunho whispered into Jaejoong’s ear. “Come on. We’re going to watch some horror movies.”

            “I don’t like horror movies,” Jaejoong whispered back. He hated horror movies. He hated the jump scares and the gore. He was a bit squeamish when it came to blood; he could barely handle it when he got a paper cut.

            Yunho chuckled and squeezed Jaejoong tighter, rocking him back and forth. “I’ll protect you.”

            Jaejoong settled on the loveseat between Yunho’s thighs. He tucked his head against Yunho’s chest. Jaejoong shut his eyes against the violent movie, completely unable to watch the slasher flick Yoochun chose.

            Yunho pulled a blanket over them. “Jaejoong, scoot up on me a bit.”

            “Why?” Jaejoong whispered softly.

            “I want to kiss you.” Yunho smiled.

            “Everyone will see.”

            “No one is paying attention. Just kiss me. Please?” Yunho pouted slightly. Jaejoong sighed and scooted his body up Yunho’s.

            Jaejoong felt awkward laying over Yunho trying to kiss him without looking like he was making out with his boyfriend. He moaned a little too loudly when Yunho raked his nails down his back. Yunho giggled and cradled Jaejoong tighter against his chest.

            “I feel really uncomfortable right now,” Jaejoong whispered.

            “Okay. I have an idea. Sit back for a minute.” Yunho stood and moved toward the kitchen.

            “Where are you going?” Yoochun asked shooting his friend an accusing look.

            “To get a drink. Have anything good here?”

            “Rum and vodka in the freezer. There’s some wine too, if you’re feeling classy.”

            Pulling the largest tumbler he could find out of the cabinet, Yunho smile. A strong drink was exactly what Jaejoong needed to relax. A rum and coke sounded like a great idea.

            He handed the drink to Jaejoong and sat back down. “Jaejoongie, you can lean against me.”

            Jaejoong downed the liquid in the cup and practically fell against Yunho’s chest. Yunho was so warm and Jaejoong was suddenly very sleepy. With the alcohol making him feel brave Jaejoong slid his hand over Yunho’s chest and down toward his hip.

            “Jae?” Yunho questioned.

            “I think I’m ready for bed,” he whispered softly.

            “Okay. Go upstairs. I’ll go get some extra blankets and some wood for a fire.”

 

 

            Jaejoong stripped down to his boxers and crawled into the bed. The sheets were cool against his heated skin and he shivered as he stretched out. It was the end of May but it was still cold at night.

            “It won’t take long to get a fire going. I’ll build it up high so it will last most of the night.”

            “You’re really good at that,” Jaejoong said as he watched Yunho start the fire with ease.

            “Dad used to take me camping.” Yunho turned and smiled. “I could keep us alive if I needed to.”

            Jaejoong giggled and crawled to the edge of the bed. He could already feel the warmth from the fire.

            “Come to bed now, Yunho.”

            Yunho stripped quickly and crawled into bed, pushing Jaejoong on to his back. He kissed Jaejoong’s forehead. “You’re quite cute.”

            “Shut up.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes. He pulled Yunho down to the bed and maneuvered so Yunho was on his back. Jaejoong curled against Yunho’s side and rested his head on Yunho’s arm. “This is good.”

            “My arm is going to fall asleep.”

            “I won’t stay here long. Just long enough to fall asleep.”

            Yunho rolled on to his side slowly, adjusting so his arm was under Jaejoong’s neck. “There. Now you can stay there all night.” He kissed the nape of Jaejoong’s neck and settled down to sleep.

            Jaejoong laid in the darkness, completely unable to sleep. He kept trying to get comfortable without moving away from Yunho.

            “Jaejoong,” Yunho said as he untangled his arms from around Jaejoong’s waist. “Go to sleep.”

            Jaejoong sighed as he rolled on to his stomach. Yunho rubbed Jaejoong’s back in soft, slow circles. Jaejoong threaded his hand into Yunho’s hair.

            “Yunho?” Jaejoong moved closer to Yunho. “Do you love me?”

            “Of course I love you.”

            “Show me.”

            “What…” Yunho’s question was cut off by Jaejoong kissing him, hard. Yunho was stunned for a second before he wrapped his arms around Jaejoong and pulled him closer.

            Jaejoong rolled his hips against Yunho’s thighs and moaned. He spread his legs slightly, trying to get more contact.

            “Jae…” Yunho pulled a away slightly. He moaned as Jaejoong slip his trembling hand under the waistband of his boxers.

            “Are you really ready for this Jaejoongie?”

            “I… I think so.” Jaejoong tightened his grip on Yunho’s hip. “I want to be. I want to show you that I love you.”

            “I know you love me.”

            “I should show you that I do. I don’t have anything to give you other than…”

            Yunho sat up, his legs hanging over the edge of the bed. “You’re not ready for this.”

            “No, I am. I am.” Jaejoong knelt behind Yunho leaned against him. He kissed and nipped Yunho’s shoulder. “I’m really ready.”

            “Jae, I can feel you shaking. You’re not ready.” Yunho held Jaejoong’s hands loosely. “It’s okay.”

            “You’re not mad at me?”

            “No. I want you to be happy and comfortable with me. We don’t need to rush into having just yet.”

            “But you haven’t… I mean, I know about you and Yoochun, and Heechul. And Yesung.” Jaejoong stopped.

            “Way to make me sound like a .” Yunho leaned back into Jaejoong’s arms. “Listen, just because I slept with other people doesn’t mean you have to if you aren’t ready.”

            Jaejoong was quiet for a moment. He kissed Yunho’s cheek. “You’re not mad.”

            “Not even a little bit.” Yunho smirked. He flipped Jaejoong on to his back gracefully and tickled his sides.

            “Yunho!” Jaejoong giggled and push himself up. He pecked Yunho’s lips as he laughed harder. Yunho tickled Jaejoong more.

            “Yunho, stop!” Jaejoong laughed. He pushed lightly on Yunho chest. Yunho backed away laughing and panting.

            “Feeling better?” Yunho asked. He laid down next to Jaejoong.

            “Yeah.” Jaejoong tangled his hand into Yunho’s hair. “I don’t want to disappoint you. I want to be with you and give you really the only thing I have. I’m not your first, but I want you to be my first. It’s like a gift I want to give you.”

            “Jaejoongie, there’s nothing exactly special about being a . There isn’t some magic power I’ll gain by “taking” your ity. Being a is just a state of being, no more and more less important than being awake or asleep.”

            Jaejoong stared at Yunho for a moment then flung himself at his boyfriend. Jaejoong kissed Yunho hard, nipping at his top lip slightly. Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s shoulders.

            “I love you,” Jaejoong said as he pulled away. “Thanks for being understanding.”

            “You are important to me Jae. I love you too.” Yunho pulled the blanket over them. “Let’s get some sleep.”

            They settled down together. Jaejoong nestled his head in the crook of Yunho’s elbow. Yunho sighed softly and draped his arm over Jaejoong’s waist.

            Jaejoong laid awake until he was sure Yunho was asleep. As he watched Yunho sleep, he counted to himself all the reasons why he was the luckiest person in the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well..... It's been a while since I'e written anything not related to homework. I needed a break and this had been half done for a while, so I figured I'd finish it and post it.