All Work and No Play

Forever Shorties

Jaejoong slid onto the bed behind Yunho. “You okay?” he asked softly.

 

“Yeah.” Yunho rubbed his face. “I’m just tired.” He groaned and stretched. Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Yunho’s waist and kissed his shoulder.

 

“Okay. Do you need anything? Do you want a drink? We have some wine in the fridge.”

 

“Yeah, that sounds good.” Yunho flopped back onto the bed. He was exhausted. Work was busy. Home was busy. And to make everything worse, he couldn’t sleep. His stressed was consuming him.

 

Just the other day he yelled at Jyuni for running around the house. She wasn’t hurting anyone, just playing. Jaejoong was at the doctor’s and Yunho was left watching over their princess.

 

He was just over stressed from work and snapped. His heart broke as he watched his daughter’s face crumble into tears. He held her as she cried and apologized over and over. Jyuni was such a good girl for the rest of the day. She even took a nap curled around Yunho’s leg as he worked on his computer.

 

“Are you asleep?” Jaejoong asked. He set two glasses of wine on the night stand.

 

“Not yet. Come here.” Yunho reached out his hands. Jaejoong straddled Yunho’s thighs.

 

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong? Or are you going to keep this all to yourself?”

 

“I doubt you’ll believe me if I say I’m just tired.” Yunho ran his hands up Jaejoong’s legs and hips.

 

“I won’t. If something’s bothering you, you need to talk to me Baby. I can’t fix it if you don’t tell me. Isn’t that what you always tell me?”

 

“Yeah. I’m really stressed at work.”

 

“Things aren’t going well at work?”

 

Yunho covered his eyes with his arm and sobbed. He broke. Jaejoong moved quickly and wrapped his arms around Yunho. He tucked Yunho’s head under his chin. Jaejoong wasn’t sure what was wrong. He was terrified; it was rare that Yunho ever broke down and cried.

 

Jaejoong kissed the top of Yunho’s head. Yunho buried his head deeper into Jaejoong’s chest.

 

It took almost an hour for Yunho to calm down enough to talk. “I’m just so overwhelmed right now.”

 

“When was the last time you drew something for yourself? I only ever see you drawing for clients now.”

 

Yunho took a deep breath. “I don’t know. I have so much work to do, I’m just not inspired to draw anything else.”

 

Jaejoong sat up slowly and reached behind him for a few tissues. He wiped Yunho’s face and kissed his forehead.

 

“Draw something for me. Anything. I miss watching you draw.” Jaejoong kissed Yunho’s forehead again and pulled him closer to his chest.

 

Yunho sighed and tucked himself tighter against Jaejoong’s body. He really didn’t want to draw at the moment. He just hadn’t been inspired to do anything artistic outside of work.

 

“Do you need something else to help you relax?” Jaejoong laid back, pulling Yunho completely on top of him.

 

“No. I just need to…” Yunho’s voice faltered as more tears filled his eyes. He hated this feeling. He didn’t know what was wrong. He just knew he felt terrible.

 

“Yunho,” Jaejoong whispered. “I’m so sorry. You spend all you time taking care of me. And I forget sometimes. I forget that you need to be taken care of too.” Jaejoong wiped the tears off Yunho’s face.

 

“It’s not your fault,” Yunho whimpered into Jaejoong’s chest.

 

“Yeah it is. I forget to ask you if you’re okay. And I forget to tell you everyday how much I love you.”

 

“I love you, Jaejoongie.” Yunho lifted his head slightly to look at Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong combed his fingers into Yunho’s hair and waited. He knew Yunho needed time to collect his thoughts before talking.

 

“Are you going to be okay?” Jaejoong asked softly.

 

“Yeah. I think I need a vacation. We need a vacation, just the two of us. Just a long weekend away from everything.”

 

“I’ll call Mom in the morning. Can you handle two weeks? I have some work to finish, then I’ll take some sick days.”

 

“That sounds really good.” Yunho inched his way up the bed to be eye level with Jaejoong. They held each other for a long time in silence.

 

Jaejoong watched Yunho as he slept, hoping this vacation would help. He pulled out his tablet and started making plans for their vacation. He wanted to bring Yunho someplace warm and quiet.

 

He booked two first class tickets to Hawaii. He made sure the tickets were open so they could leave whenever they wanted and could stay as long as they wanted. They both needed a vacation.

 

 

Yunho was still exhausted the next morning, but went into work anyway. As much as he wanted to stay home and in bed.

 

The day dragged by as Yunho scanned contract after contract. He just wanted the day to end.

 

He was on a conference call when he heard his office door open. He smiled, briefly as Jaejoong set a large bag on the desk. Yunho sighed as he hung up the phone.

 

“You don't look happy,” Jaejoong said. He unpacked the bag. He slid on to Yunho's lap and handed him a bowl. “Everything okay?”

 

“Over seas contract are the hardest to negotiate. So much relies, not so much on the deal, but the personal relationship I can build with the client.”

 

“I see. Is that all that's bothering you?” Jaejoong filled the bowl with warm soup and rice.

 

“For the moment.”

 

“Well, eat and relax for a while. I planned a vacation for us last night. You left so early this morning I didn't get to tell you.”

 

“I'm sorry. Where are we going?”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “Hawaii. I figured we both needed to be some place warm and quiet.”

 

“God, you're perfect.”

 

Jaejoong kissed Yunho languidly. “I know.” He took the bowl from Yunho and set it on the desk. Carding his hands into Yunho's hair he deepened the kiss, grinding against Yunho's thighs slightly.

 

Jaejoong's hands moved to Yunho's tie to loosen it.

 

“Jaejoong, wait.” Yunho curled his fingers around Jaejoong's wrist.

 

“Wait? Are you saying 'no' to office ?” Jaejoong sat back slightly.

 

“Yeah. I'm just... I'm still feeling stressed out and tired. I'm sorry. I'm not in the mood,” Yunho tried to explain.

 

“It's okay, Love.” Jaejoong played with Yunho's hair for a few moments, silently. “Are you sure you're okay?”

 

“Yeah. Like I said, I'm really tired. Come here.” Yunho stood and lead Jaejoong to the sofa. Jaejoong sat against the arm of the chair.

 

Yunho laid out on the sofa with his head on Jaejoong's thigh. “Don't wake me if I fall asleep”

 

Jaejoong laughed softly and smoothed down Yunho's hair. He was looking forward to a week alone with his husband. It had been far too long since the last time they had time alone.

 

Jaejoong smiled as he thought of the cabin he rented for the week. The backyard opened up to a private beach.

 

They just had to wait two more weeks. Just two more weeks.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is part one of two. I swear this is going to be two parts only! This is #4 from the list at the end of the previous chapter. The next one I will finish will be 6. Followed by 5, 3, 2, 1- tentatively.

Thank you so much for reading and if you could upvote and subscribe to this story and my others stories and comment, that would make me really happy! ^__^