Teddy Bear

Forever Shorties

The apartment was dark and silent as Jaejoong tiptoed to the kitchen. “Never again. Never ing again,” he said to himself as he poured a glass of juice. This was the third time the company sent him to New York to assist with the merger. And he was angry. They didn't want him to assist; they wanted him to take over the New York office. Even though he had told them half a dozen times that he was more than happy where he was. He couldn't uproot his family to live in the States. He English was near perfect, but Yunho and Jyuni struggled. He also did not want to drag his 4 year old away from her country and culture.

 

“Dada?” a small voice called.

 

“Jyuni, what are you doing out of bed? It's late.”

 

“I heard you come in. I'm sorry.” Jyuni rubbed her eyes and stared at Jaejoong.

 

“Come here and give me a big hug.” Jyuni ran to her father and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“I missed you.”

 

“I missed you too, Jyuni-Bug. Were you a good girl for Daddy?” Jaejoong sat in a chair with Jyuni on his lap.

 

“I was awesome!”

 

Jaejoong laughed. “Good. Because I got you something. It's in my bag.”

 

“Yay!” Jyuni slid off Jaejoong's lap. She struggled to lift Jaejoong's bag. She could barely drag it.

 

“Go sit on the sofa.” Jaejoong lifted the bag and set it on the coffee table. “Close you eyes because it's not wrapped.”

 

Jyuni shut her eyes tightly, making Jaejoong smile. He pulled the teddy bear out of the bag and set it on her lap. “Open 'em.”

 

“Dada! It's so cool!” Jyuni hugged the bear. It was wearing jeans, a 'leather' motorcycle jacket and a white t-shirt that said 'I Love NYC'. One of Jaejoong's co-workers had picked it out.

 

“I'm glad you like it. It's late, Jyuni-Bug and you should be in bed.”

 

“Only if you tell me a story. Please?” Jyuni batted her eyelashes and pouted.

 

Jaejoong sighed. “Okay. One story. Only one, because I'm very tired.” He lifted Jyuni and carried her to her bedroom.

 

“Lay down with me Dada.”

 

Jaejoong stretched out on the tiny bed with Jyuni and the teddy bear on his chest. He read her favorite book to her as she fought to stay awake. Jaejoong fought to stay awake himself.

 

Once he was sure Jyuni was asleep he set the book aside and pulled the blanket up over them.

 

 

 

Yunho woke up the next morning to an empty bed. He wasn't really surprised. Jaejoong was supposed to be home late last night, but his plane probably got delayed. He stretched and stepped into his slippers. He started the coffee and checked his phone, a little concerned that Jaejoong didn't call or text.

 

He checked the freezer to see what they had for an easy breakfast; frozen waffles were good enough, he hoped.

 

Yunho hated waking Jyuni up in the morning; she was always so grumpy. Yunho stood in the doorway and watched his husband and daughter sleep. That would explain the lack of a phone call or text.

 

He really didn't want to wake them; they looked so peaceful. But they needed to get up and eat. He sat on the floor next to the bed and shook Jaejoong's shoulder lightly.

 

Jaejoong stirred, but didn't roll over. His eyes fluttered open slowly.

 

“Morning, Sunshine,” Yunho smiled.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“A little before 9. It's time for breakfast.”

 

“Okay.” Jaejoong sat up slowly. “Jyuni-Bug. Time to get up.”

 

Jyuni yawned, stretched and plopped her head back on to Jaejoong's shoulder.

 

“Hey, no falling back to sleep,” Yunho said. He tickled Jyuni's ribs lightly. She giggled and squirmed away from Yunho. “There are waffles in the kitchen when you're ready.”

 

“WAFFLES!” Jyuni shouted and jumped out of the bed. She ran to the kitchen.

 

“Does she love waffles more than she loves me?” Jaejoong stood and stretched, his back cracking loudly.

 

“I think she loves waffles more than she loves both of us combined.” Yunho kissed Jaejoong's forehead and led him to the kitchen where Jyuni had already settled herself at the table. Jaejoong could tell it was going to be a good day.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a really short fluffy Jaejoong/Jyuni story. Because I don't write enough fluff and I totally need to write more. Fluff.