Chapter 38

My Bestfriend or my Boyfriend ???

Taec went to his car, he was ready to drove away but Yoona stopped him. He was drunk, she was worried for him. Yoona took Taec's car keys. He didn't understand what she was doing now. He tried to grabbed his car keys back but she won't gave it to him.

TY : Give me my car key Yoona. I'm not in a good mood to play with you. Why do you care about me?! Why?? You should go back to Donghae. I don't need your help Yoona.

Yoona : Oppa, you are not in a good state to drive your car.

TY : Why do you care? You are not my wife to tell me what things I can do. You are not my wife ANYMORE!!

Yoona : Can't you see that I'm worried for you?!!

Taec won't hear Yoona, he took his car key and drove away. He was so drunk that when he arrived at his home, he went straight to his room and fell asleep on his bed. The next day, he woke up, he had a headache because of alcohol. He looked at his watch and he was late for work. He had to finish to work on the project with Yoona, he pulled out his wedding ring from his collar. He looked at the ring, he was sad, he pulled back the ring. He went to the bathroom for a shower. He then went to change his clothes. When he was ready, he went to his car and drove for the company. When he arrived there, he saw Nichkhun and Wooyoung. His two friends were in front of his office. Taec greeted them, Yoona was looking at them with Tiffany. The two girls listened the three boys talking.

NK : Hey Taec, how are you man?

TY : Fine why?

WY : Jinyoung tried to call you but you didn't answer your phone. This morning there was a meeting with all the employees. Where were you?

TY : Home why? I didn't hear my alarm.

NK : Taec : Are you sure, you are okay? You can't talk to us. We are worried for you.

TY : I'm fine, you don't have to worry. I'll see you later.

WY : Taec, I know that you are in a bad peiod right now but if you want to talk we are here. I know it's not easy to work with your ex-wife. But if you want to move on, you have to stop to drink alcohol. It's not good for your health. You have to be careful for your heart.

TY : My heart is fine and alcohol help me to forget her. It's just for a project but after this project I'm going to work somewhere else. You don't have to worry about my health I know my condition and my heart is really fine.

NK : But can you please stop drink alcohol. The doctor said that you have to be careful with your health. Your heart will can't be able to endure this.

TY : Maybe it will be better if I die. You know now I don't care about my life. I just want to disappear from this world. I just want to leave somewhere where I can be happy, a place I can find my happiness. But I will never find this anymore because I bet all of this on my marriage and all of this blow away. And now I'm not happy anymore, I can't smile anymore. I feel empty so if I die I don't care.

Taec left them and went in his office. He went to his desk, he pulled out his wedding ring, he looked at his ring. Yoona wame in his office to bring him some files about the project. She saw Taec with the ring, he saw Yoona.

Yoona : I'm sorry to bother oppa. There are files for the projects. Jinyoung want you to watch it.

TY : Just put this on my desk.

Yoona : Oppa are you fine? I want to talk to you.

TY : What do you want to talk? There is nothing I want to talk with you.

Yoona : Please.

TY : Fine. You have five minutes.

Yoona : I heard you talking with Nichkhun and Wooyoung. Is there something wrong with your health?

TY : Why do you care? There is nothing you shloud know. It's not really important.

Yoona : I want to know if it's true. I want to know why you didn't tell me about your health? Why?

TY : I didn't want to make you worry about my health. It's not a big issue. You have your life and I have mine. You should live your life happily.

Yoona : I was your wife, why didn't you tell me about this? Do you have treatment to take? Is there bad points about your health?

TY : We are not together anymore. It's better if you know nothing. Like what I say just live your life.

Yoona : Tell me.

TY : Fine. I have a treatment to take and if I don't take my treatment my health will be worse. The doctor said I have to be careful with my health because I had a brain tumor. I just know about it since five days ago. It's just in first degree but I have to be careful and take this treatment.

Yoona : Do you still take the treatment he gave to you?

TY : It's something you don't have to know. Why do you care about me Yoona? We are divorce. You are with Donghae now, you should take care of him not me. 

Yoona : I'm worried about you. It's...just..I can't forget you. I still love you oppa..

TY : Yoona, we can't go back together. Things are not the same anymore now. I think it's better like this.

Yoona : Oppa answer me. Do you take the treatment and do you still love me?

TY : I still love you Yoona but things are not the same anymore now. And I will be honest with you. I stop my treatment. It's been now one weeks I stop to take my treatment. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you this but now you don't have to worry about me because you have Donghae now.

Yoona : Why did you stop?! Are you crazy?!! Your health will be in a bad condition. I'm sure that it's not in the first degree your brain tumor. They can make a surgery to remove your brain tumor.

TY : No you are right it's not in first degree but second degree. 

Taec went to her, he hugged Yoona. She was surprised by his actions she cried in his embrace. Taec looked at her and kissed her lips, Yoona kiss him back. She missed his kiss. Since she date Donghae, she didn't kiss him. She only wanted Taec's lips. Taec pulled away the kiss, he smiled to her. He said to her something in her ear but she didn't hear it properly.

TY : Saranghae Yoona...

Yoona left Taec after the talk with him. At Taec side, he wrote a letter to Yoona, about what he feels. He took his phone and dialed the doctor number. He accepted to do the surgery. He knew the condition about this surgery. He can lose his memory. He thought carefully about this and he was determined to do the surgery. Taec went to the hospital for his surgery. The doctor talked to him for a last time about the condition. Chansung was with him. Taec was really close to Chansung, so decided to asked him to accompany him at the hospital for the surgery. Chansung knew the risk for him to lose his memory. While Taec was at the surfery room, Chansung was waiting patiently at the waiting room. After a while, the surgery ended, the doctor came out. Chansung went to him asked for Taec.

CS : Doctor, how is my friend?

The doctor : He is fine. We succeeded to remove all his brain tumor but like what I said earlier there is a possibility that he lost a part of his memory. Maybe one day he will remember of it.

CS : Can I go see him?

The doctor : Sure.

Chansung went to Taec room. He was worried that his bestfriend will not remember of him. He entered inside and saw Taec sleeping. He sat on a chair and waited for him to wake up. Taec move his finger a little, he opened his eyes and saw someone next to him. He saw Chansung. The maknae saw Taec, he called his name.

CS : Hyung, you wake up. Are you okay?

TY : Chansung, I'm fine.

CS : You still remember of me? You know who am I? I was afraid that you don't remember about me. Do you want me to call Yoona and the others?

TY : I remember about you. But Chansung who is Yoona? Is it your girlfriend?

CS : No, she isn't. Don't your remember about Yoona? She was your wife?

TY : No, who is she? I remember that I'm still single. I'm not ready to marry someone.

Just then, the doctor came inside, Chansung told the doctor that Taec didn't remember about some persons, he was close. The doctor told him that Taec had lose a part of his memory and it will take a long time to recover his memory. The doctor left them.

One week already passed and Taec was already discharged from the hospital. Chansung drove him to his house. Chansun was afraid because Taec didn't remember of all his friends except him and Nichkhun. They arrived at Chansung home. All their friends were there even Yoona was here. She went alone to Chansung home. Taec and Chansung entered inside, they saw all their friends. Taec looked at them strangely.

WY : Taec hyung, it's good to see you again. Chansung told us about your surgery. Why didn't you tell us about this.

TY : Excuse me but..who are you? Did we meet somewhere else?

Everybody was surprised by Taec. They were shocked to know that he lost his memory and he can only remember about Chansung. Yoona went to Taec. He greeted her politely.

Yoona : Taec do you regonize me? It's me Yoona.

TY : Yoona?? I heard this name somewhere but I don't remember where. I'm sorry miss but I don't know you. Anyways, I'm Ok Taecyeon.

Yoona : I'm Yoona.

NK : Chansung, he didn't remember us?

CS : No, the only person he remember is me. I'm sorry for all of you and mostly for Yoona. I know she is hurt right now that he din't remember her. But it will take a long time for him to recover his memory. I think Yoona still love him. He doesn't even remember that he was married with Yoona and they are divorcing. But in my point of view, Yoona really love Taec so if she want Taec to come back in her life I think she can help him to recover his memory by taking him to the place where they always went together. It will be the way for her.

NK : I agree with you but what will Taec think about this. He didn't remember us, if Yoona took him in these places I don't think he would like to follow her. Now, Taec only know you. He only remember you not us.

CS : Maybe it's because me and him, we grew up together and we always played together. I don't know. We will see how he will recover from his surgery and his memory.