Part 7

The Stranger

 

Daehyun, Jongup and Junhong reached the park around midday and started to walk towards the lake. Well, Daehyun walked, the five and four year olds ran, occasionally hitting each other and shouting, "You're it!", and then running away from the other. Daehyun wanted to smile, but he didn't. 
 
He wished it was winter already, then he would at least have an excuse to always be wearing a scarf. In summer he just looked weird wearing a scarf. He didn't like summer, especially June and July, but for some reason, he couldn't remember why.
 
He finally caught up with his son and his best friend, who were sat on the grass next to the lake, trying to catch their breath. He sat down in between the two boys and pulled them both towards him, hugging them. The three stared out across the lake, none of them saying a word, just staring at how the sun reflects off the water. Jongup leaned into his Umma, winding his arms around Daehyun and pushing his face against his chest, taking in his Umma's scent that can make anything and everything OK again. Daehyun tightened his grip on his son and kissed the top of his head.
 
Junhong, however, was finding it hard to stay still for so long. Normally he would be running and playing with his Appa while his Umma was the one who would sit and do nothing. He had to move. 
 
Daehyun sensed his discomfort and nudged him. "Why don't we play a game?" he said looking between the boys. "A gathering game. I'll tell you to get me three things and the first one to get them and bring them back will get a prize."
 
"Sounds like fun, Umma!" Jongup said standing up and grabbing Junhong's hand. "What do we get?"
 
"A stick as long as your arm, a rock as big as your fist and... a leaf with two colours on it."
 
"I bet I will win!" Junhong said, smiling.
 
"OK! Then get finding! But! Stay where I can see you, OK?" Daehyun said, smiling back.
 
"OK, Umma!" Jongup said, running away with Junhong to look for the three objects.
 
Daehyun lay back on the grass and waited for the boys to return.
 
---
 
Update!!! Sorry it's so late... But please enjoy!!!
So happy!! My one shot poster came!!! Going to ask my dad to put it up for me!!! They all look AMAZING!!!! <3