Part 20

The Stranger

 

Daehyun saw his son entering the room and smiled. Jongup ran to his Umma and hugged him gently, just like Himchan had told him to do. His Umma was fine just like Ahjussi said. But still Jongup started to cry.
 
"Guppie?" Daehyun asked, worry in his still hoarse voice. He pushed his son back slightly to wipe the boy's tears. "Guppie, what's wrong?"
 
Jongup started to cry more, because now he had made his Umma panic. Daehyun got scared and held him tighter, rubbing soothing circles on his back. Daehyun could hear other sniffles in the room and looked up in time to see Himchan leading a crying Junhong out of the room.
 
Daehyun pulled Jongup to lie on the bed next to him so he didn't have to sit up and hugged him, arms round him and his cheek on Jongup's forehead. Jongup stopped crying when he remembered something. He shifted to pull his backpack off his back. 
 
Daehyun watched quietly as his young son opened his school bag and pulled out a messily wrapped package in blue and white spotty paper. It was obvious Jongup had tried to wrap it himself. He gave it to his Umma, a smile on his face.
 
"I asked for help,  Umma, but I got this for you," Jongup said, his voice still shaky from crying.
 
Daehyun hugged his son tighter, and said "Thanks, sweetie." Daehyun's voice was still not back to normal, but Jongup didn't really mind as long as his Umma was alright. "Can you open it for me? I want you to show it to me."
 
Jongup nodded and sat up on the bed. He took the package into his small hands and carefully opened his beautifully wrapped present, clearly showing what he was doing so his Umma could see. Jongup pulled out a stuffed bunny from the paper, and smiled. Daehyun stared at the bunny. It was pink, in a black suit, its hood ped to see its pink face. The bottom of its face was white, with a pink heart as its nose. Daehyun smiled. Jongup smiled too, and gave the bunny to his Umma. Daehyun hugged it tightly to his chest and then looked up to his son who had a huge smile on his face.
 
"His name is Kekemato, and his lover is Jokomato, but he's too pretty to be a warrior so he wears a mask! Kekemato is pretty just like you Umma!" Jongup said, completely happy now.
 
Daehyun hugged both Kekemato and Jongup to him, careful of the pain that had to be stitches across his chest. He kissed both of them on their cheeks.
 
"Thank you Guppie sweetie," he whispered. "I love you so much, what would I do without you?"
 
Jongup smiled, glad he asked his Ahjussi for help on what to get his Umma. Ahjussi had actually given Jongup Kekemato, saying that it was something Daehyun had always loved when they had been best friends, so Jongup thought it would be a great present for his Umma. And it was. He would have to thank his Ahjussi again.
 
---
 
Part 20!!!!
Yay! ^-^
Are you enjoying it so far??? I hope so!!! Some exciting things are going to happen soon so please look forward to it!!!
Thank you for reading!!! <3