Part 49

The Stranger

 

"Do I have to go to work?" Youngjae complained the next morning to his pillow and the couch cushion he had taken to bed the previous night. Youngjae groaned and then rolled out of bed and onto the floor with a 'thump'. He groaned again and pushed himself up and then stumbled out of his room, into the bathroom and into the shower. He then remembered that he was still in his pajamas and climbed out of the shower and stripped off. He washed and climbed back out again and wrapped a fluffy towel round his waist before turning to the kitchen and turning on the coffee machine and going to his walk-in-wardrobe next to his bedroom.
 
He picked out his underwear and socks and pulled them on, having the towel on the radiator, and then chose a light blue shirt and a dark blue tie that he just hung over hid shoulder after putting the shirt on. He found his black suit and pulled it out, hanging it on the top of the wardrobe then taking the trousers and stepping in to them. He opened a draw and pulled out one of the many belts he owned and threaded it through the belt loops and fastened it. He then wandered to the end wardrobe where he kept his waistcoats and chose a black and blue one that complemented his shirt and pulled it on overt his short before putting on the suit jacket. He bent down and chose a pair of shiny black lace up shoes and slipped them on, not bothering about untying them and then went back into his bedroom to comb his hair and put on his watch. He went back to the coffee machine and told it to make him an espresso, before remembering that coffee machines didn't talk, unlike cushions and pillows, and had to press the button. Once the coffee machine had finished, he downed the coffee, grabbed his work bag, keys and phone and walked out of his apartment, calling his driver on the way down.
 
When he reached the car park, his driver was already there, leaning against the car. The driver quickly opened the back door for Youngjae, and then shut it and hurried to climb into the driver's seat.
 
"Nice holiday, Master Yoo?" the driver asked as he pulled onto the main road. It wasn't that far to the Yoo Corporation.
 
"Yeah, it was good thanks," Youngjae replied. "And how many times have I asked you to just call me 'Youngjae', Mr Lee?"
 
"At least a hundred, Master Yoo," Mr Lee joked.
 
The rest of the journey was in silence and soon they had arrived. Mr Lee rushed round the car to open the for for Youngjae who stepped out, thanked Mr Lee and then strode into the building, acting exactly what any future boss would do. He called and lift and stood, waiting for it, his bag slung over his shoulder. The lift finally came and he got in and pressed the button for his floor. As the lift went up, more and more people entered the lift, greeting Youngjae, who smiled and nodded back, feeling as if he desperately needed another coffee. And probably another day's sleep. And a cooling eye mask. And Daehyun... and Jongup. 
 
Youngjae sighed and finally the list stopped at his floor and he walked down the corridor, people bowing and greeting him before he finally stepped into his secretary's office which led onto his. He walked past the desk and into his office, dumping his bag and hanging his jacket on the back of his chair and he rolled up his shirt sleeves so they stopped at his elbows. He went back out to his secretary.
 
"Anything needs doing?" he asked the girl.
 
"Ermmm," the girl, Sunhwa, said. "Yes actually. These need to be signed," she continued, handing him some papers, "and Mr Yoo wants you to look over the new proposals by the potential business partners." Sunhwa smiled at him.
 
"Thanks," Youngjae replied, looking through the papers.
 
"So~" Sunhwa started, "did you find him?" Sunhwa knew of Youngjae's and Daehyun's previous relationship and tried hard to cheer the boy up after Daehyun had left, being a close friend of the family.
 
"Yeah, I did," Youngjae said. "But I had to come back." Youngjae sighed and looked down.
 
"You poor boy," she said, standing up and coming round her desk to hug Youngjae. "Don't worry, he'll come back to you, I can feel it. I can still remember when it was my birthday and we took that photo together and when we looked at it, Dae was creeping in the background." Sunhwa laughed at the memory, pulling away from Youngjae. "But he was a cute creeper. I bet he's handsome now though, isn't he," she paused when she saw Youngjae blush. "I knew it! But keep good hold of him! If he's so handsome I might try to take him off you!" she joked, really knowing how much the Busan guy meant to Youngjae. She pushed Jae towards his office and say back down. "Now get some work done. He might come at any minute!"
 
---
Slightly longer update!!! Yay!
Thanks for reading! <3